Dubuque, IA - 12/10/16 - Tomczak Bowl IX sponsored by EatShitOrenga.com - Registration is OPEN

Beef Juice

tomczak9.png

Registration is now open for Tomczak Bowl IX! Sign up now and reserve your spot.

http://bit.ly/tomczak9

The tournament is planned for Saturday December 10th in Dubuque, IA at Courtside Sports Bar.

This is a double elimination tournament featuring some top players from all over the midwest.

$20 to participate payable on game day.

Cash prizes for the top finishers.

Custom-made trophies, and a special champion jacket to the winner like the one pictured below being given to Tomczak 7 champ Tony Orenga.

IMG_0591.JPGIMG_0593.JPG

The winner of Tomczak Bowl will get free automatic entry for Tundra Bowl in Green Bay, WI. Tundra Bowl is an official qualifier tournament for Tecmo Madison.

Worried about being "2 and done"? Don't fret! All players that lose their first two games and are eliminated are automatically entered into the loser's mini-tourney and will compete for the coveted Peter Tom Willis Cup. So even if you're not a Tecmo pro you could still be a champ.

If you have equipment you could bring (NES systems, controllers, copies of TSB, working tube TVs) we would love your help. Without this support from the Tecmo community, tourneys like this wouldn't be possible.

Looking for places to stay in Dubuque? There is a Holiday Inn Express conveniently located just across the street from Courtside. Or stay down at the Port of Dubuque near the indoor waterpark and Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium and bring the family.

Edited by Beef Juice

• DFM pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • DFM changed the title to Dubuque, IA - 12/10/16 - Tomczak Bowl IX sponsored by EatShitOrenga.com - Registration is OPEN
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a possibility that I may fly up there from Louisiana for this event. This tournament is on my Tecmo bucket list. 

My financial advisor/boss (wife) hasn't approved yet. Hopefully all works out for me to attend.

Edited by suicideking81

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Beef Juice said:

We're about a month out now and I expect registrations to start picking up as we begin plugging the tournament to folks locally. Sign up today! You guys are gonna make this too easy for coconuts to win otherwise! :wink:

I'm good with taking second...I have a lot to learn yet. 

We're a few weeks out and we've got 12 guys registered. It might be a little leaner year than in the past but that's not going to stop us from having a great tourney. Cash prizes, an epic trophy, and more. Register at http://bit.ly/tomczak9

Also we've got a page on Facebook. We invite everyone to come support the Tecmo community and Tomczak Bowl by liking our page.

https://www.facebook.com/tomczakbowl/

3 minutes ago, ryanr33fulcher said:

What is your projected field?? What where you numbers in the past??

at our peak I think we were close to 30-40. I think last year we wound up around 20 on gameday. I would suspect things to be about the same. Registration this year has certainly been slower than in past years. Moving from Waterloo to Dubuque cost us about 8-10 people that normally came because it was local for them. We haven't drawn much of a local base in Dubuque yet.

We're nearly two weeks away from Tomczak Bowl IX. Next weekend I plan to finally obtain the custom trophy our master carpenter has been building for us. I can't wait to unveil it to everyone.

You can still register to come play. Cash prizes, an epic trophy, and the chance to have the custom Tomczak winner's jacket and join Tony Orenga, Josh H., and Kyle Miller among the Tomczak Legends*.

You can go to https://signupforms.herokuapp.com/registrations/8564 to register and get your spot in the bracket.

*Luke Carlberg is also a member of this group but we weren't giving out jackets at that point. Maybe someday we'll honor him retroactively. 

Edited by Beef Juice

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, noonan said:

11am or 12pm start?  Seeing conflicting times out there.

Thx

Sorry. To clarify we usually ask guys to come around 11ish so we can everyone checked in and set up. It also lets guys maybe get a quick warmup game in. Actual competition won't begin until shortly after noon. If players can't get there until 12 that's totally fine.

With word from a few people our registration should be close to 20 in a few days. 

Also I will be picking up the trophy tomorrow. I've seen a couple pics of it as it was being built. It's without a doubt our greatest trophy yet.

1 hour ago, noonan said:

Just Double Elim tourney?  Any pool play?

Or is this a 2 game minimum event?

Double elimination but all guys that go 2 and out are entered into the mini loser tourney where they play for the Peter Tom Willis Cup. So everyone is guaranteed to play 3 games.