Los Angeles Rams

it's just simple pointers.  with trial and error (and code logger) I figured it out.  don't you hack plays and stuff?  this is like a lot easier than that, it's just tedious.  you're gonna have to shift everything (all the sets of pointers) by the same amount that you add the extra letters, for anything that comes after LOS ANGELES.

how about you give it a shot and see what you can do?  if you can't figure it out I will post the code.

Edited by buck

Yeah, I've tried and feel stupid, but it just ain't working for me.  I read a pambazos thread about it but it seems like it might only apply to the 28-team rom.  Maybe because it's the NFC West, the pointers locations are off?  It's confusing because, for instance, I move the pointers and SEATTLE checks out fine, but ARIZONA gets messed up, even though I moved its pointer by the same distance as Seattle's.

I don't know.  Don't worry about posting the code.  I'll either figure it out, or I'll just use "L.A." 

I only asked because I figured someone had already done it and had it readily available.

Here is a faster way to do it.

1. Save team_text_32_team.asm attached to folder.

2. Copy asm6.exe to folder with source

3. Modify team_text_32_team.asm to suit your needs. (Can be opened with any old text editor (notepad++, etc) 

3. Open CMD prompt and navigate to folder

4. Type asm6 team_text.asm    

5. Open resulting bin file with hex editor.

6. Copy and paste entire contents of .bin file to location at 0x1FC10. Because who wants to be manually adjusting every pointer. Very tedious as buck said. 

The attached team_tex_32_team.bin has the changes you need. 

team_text_32_team.bin

team_text_32_team.asm

asm6.exe

• 1 year later...
On 7/28/2016 at 8:24 PM, bruddog said:

Here is a faster way to do it.

1. Save team_text.asm attached to folder.

2. Copy asm6.exe to folder with source

3. Modify team_text.asm to suit your needs. (Can be opened with any old text editor (notepad++, etc) 

3. Open CMD prompt and navigate to folder

4. Type asm6 team_text.asm    

5. Open resulting bin file with hex editor.

6. Copy and paste entire contents of .bin file to location at 0x1FC10. Because who wants to be manually adjusting every pointer. Very tedious as buck said. 

The attached team_tex.bin has the changes you need. 

team_text.asm

asm6.exe

team_text.bin

my .bin looks like this :

what I do wrong? lol

Jumble.jpg

1 minute ago, bruddog said:

It looks like you just renamed the .txt file as a bin file...

Going to re-trace my steps :

Using this .asm

team_text.asm

1) Start > CMD> asm6 team_text.asm bin team_text.bin  (all files are in C\User)

2) Open resulting bin in Hex Editor.

maybe I am editing the text incorrectly?

12 minutes ago, bruddog said:

at the command prompt all you need to type is asm6 team_text.asm. It creates the bin automatically

i'm getting an error still. But I did manage to create a .bin this time with just the command you gave.

Does the .asm need to be made from my own base rom?

Label.jpg

One thing to be careful of is i think if too many team names are too long you would run over into another section. 

Like team initials start at location

XXXX

Team citys at

YYYY

Team mascots at

ZZZZ 

or something like that... not near computer. You want to make sure each thing still starts at the same location or youd have tp adjust all the reference locations in code. 

2 minutes ago, bruddog said:

One thing to be careful of is i think if too many team names are too long you would run over into another section. 

Like team initials start at location

XXXX

Team citys at

YYYY

Team mascots at

ZZZZ 

or something like that... not near computer. You want to make sure each thing still starts at the same location or youd have tp adjust all the reference locations in code. 

I noticed this yes. Jumbled graphics when I did some changes, but was able to get the changes I needed in.

Very grateful!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...