Sign in to follow this  
SirTed

Proposal for a New Draft Rule for s38 and Beyond

11 hours ago, SirTed said:

Final Round of Draft - Simmed (like now)

Penultimate Round - If an owner isn't present to make their pick, an auto pick is made ASAP by commish / draft mod. No waiting for skipped / super skipped rules, etc. 

Just a proposal. Think it over, @hoffnasty9

Why? I would be willing to incorporate the super skip rules immediately, but the point of missing a pick is that you get penalized. 

2 hours ago, hoffnasty9 said:

Why? I would be willing to incorporate the super skip rules immediately, but the point of missing a pick is that you get penalized. 

re-reading this, I think this would take care of the problem. 

I know I am just a rookie, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but what if the auto pick is at 5 picks past the deadline. (1 1/2 hours after their pick began) And the auto pick was the LOWEST rated position/player on the board. That would give a player with a real life issue (family/work/technical) A reasonable amount of time to delegate or handle their business, but the ones who just are not on the ball or who do not care enough will get more than a slap on the wrist. Owners might quit, but next man up. I imagine most rookies are not going to be contenders, and a full season under their belt will help them come their first draft. Also this would cause a some excitement and shake up the draft a little.