Why didnt my idea work? help please

G-12

What I tried to do is long winded and somewhat complex but I will attempt to explain then go from there. 

I always play com vs com, so I wanted a clever way to make all 64 or so plays available to pick from for a com vs com game.  So my idea was to take the TSB Play Maker tool and copy and paste all of the 64 play outcomes under each of the play slots for the first play or play "0" for each pass and run slot.  I copy and pasted each reaction perfectly and it even showed up correctly on the play maker tool, but in game is was a miss guided clusterf*ck.  I thought I would be slick editing the possible play reactions as different plays but it didn't work.  here is what I did.

Offensive reactions:

run "0"

Slot "0"             10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 53, 54, 55

Slot  1                1F, 03, 02, 01, 1B, 1A, 56, 18

Slot  2                04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 0B, 0C, 0D

Slot  3                59, 58, 2B, 28, 29, 2E, 2D, 0E

Pass "0"

Slot   0              30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37

Slot   1              38, 39, 3A, D7, DB, DE, 3E, 3F

Slot   2              40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47

Slot   3              48, 49, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F

According to the playmaker tool everything copied over good it just doesn't work in game. Any help would be great.

Dude,

Tecmo play calling works like this:

1. @4410/44410 is a first set of 11 pointers (22 bytes, and 16 in hex).  This corresponds to play 00 (a left+a bottom run).
  2. for every successive 22 bytes, you move forward (so play 01's pointers start @4426/44426) 
  3. these pointers call up locations in the @8000-9fff range that tell the players what to do (you reverse the pointer and subtract 1ff0 in hex of 8176 as a decimal)

Thus, you can't just switch slots (00, 01, etc.) because the code (the combination of 11 play commands for each player) that's being called up is linked to that particular play.  What you did was tell run 0 in play slot 0 (referring to the Play Maker) to behave as run 0/4 (play 14) against up+b, run 0/5 (play 53) against left+b, run +/6 (54) against right+b and as play 55 against down+b.  Some of these are top runs, whereas the original play was a bottom run.  Also, the formations differ, so the results you're likely to get will be all over the place--the players will be maybe running a shotgun play from the pro set formation (think Jerry Rice running his slot route while flanked out at the bottom of the screen).

maybe you could copy and paste play numbers, but they have to share formation and play direction

otherwise, you can't have all 64 plays available at one time... if you want to edit reactions, you'll have to change pointers in the strings mentioned above (for defense play 13 begins @61b2/461b2) in order to change what the player is being told to do