Seattle, WA - 09/04/16 - Pac-Rim III

SirTed

3 hours ago, kamphuna8 said:

Why are you such a gormless tosser ? There's 27 other teams on the game. Grow a pair whydontcha

What the hell is a gormless tosser???  I'v used other teams fool!!!!!!!!!.......and it isn't as fun.  If I beat yo a$$ with PHX (witch I have) my boxer briefs won't have anymore room to fit the pair that I already got..........and there pretty fukk!n bigg already!!!!!!!!!  You focus on yo $#!t, and I'll focus on mine bruddah.

1 hour ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

What the hell is a gormless tosser???  I'v used other teams fool!!!!!!!!!.......and it isn't as fun.  If I beat yo a$$ with PHX (witch I have) my boxer briefs won't have anymore room to fit the pair that I already got..........and there pretty fukk!n bigg already!!!!!!!!!  You focus on yo $#!t, and I'll focus on mine bruddah.

One time buddy. One time... BRING IT!

54 minutes ago, manyo360 said:

starts at 11am?

SHARP. Me and Ted are hoping to begin setup possibly even before 10 if anyone would like to assist with that/bring extra shit. WE ARE PROBABLY GOOD on equipment, but this old stuff tends to have issues. If you can bring tvs/consoles/games and its not too much trouble, bring em, but if you don't want to, just bring your enthusiasm for TSB and hearty brews and everything should be grand.

IT GOES DOWN TOMORROW. PAC RIM III. GET SOME.

22 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

^^^Hey Grip, you get my message??????????  Or is your number not the same since you gave it to me at PAC RIM II

I don't have any messages from you. Same number. If you called, try sending a text instead. I don't answer phone calls / listen to voicemails. The voicemail on my phone is actually broken and I love that it is.

On 9/1/2016 at 8:03 PM, ~Tailback King~ said:

Thanks to everyone who came out! It was an awesome time. I am now a Tecmo veteran who has been everywhere from NYC to Madison and had many great times all over but there is no doubt that the NW Tecmo scene is the best. About the only thing we suck balls at is punctuality and flakiness, but we combat that with chillness, understanding, and most importantly- hilarity. This was overall pretty easy to organize and I really appreciated everyone who let me know how much fun they were having.

It would have been great just to battle with the likes of SirTed, Grip, Manyo, Kamp, and the one and only Tailback King, but what's really awesome is to see some new guys in the mix who oh by the way can really play. 6-killer and 91 Dawgs providing a spark to the scene and newISH comers Tick and B Wagg flashing improvement and heightening the overall level of play. This was a hot one. I can't recall seeing so many close games and great plays in one day of TSB. Might break down the brackets a little more for y'all at somepoint but for now just wanted to say GGs everyone and it's great to be home.

I got my a$$ handed to me.......no excuses........just handed to me.  It was eazily the worst performance at a Tourney I ever had.  The talent ceiling is getting MUCH higher than it used to be and ya can't just waltz into these tournaments unprepared, and when you're not ready for ANY situation, it shows...When you get a dose of reality like this tourney was to me, it'll make a person have to re-think his whole strategy.  BUT all and all it was a good time wit da whole NW Posse...........This is the first time I actually stayed the whole time, and I gotta say, for Kamp and the other guy he was playin', (who kinda just appeared outta nowhere, like a fart headin' down wind) seeyin' all that CA$H sittin' right in front of you, in a pile, in front of the screen, has got to be a lil' nerve racking.

This really was a great tournament. 

In many ways, it was your typical PNW experience - which is top(ish) notch Tecmo, with some over the top characters, delicious brews - and the best play by play man in (or out) of the business @~Tailback King~.

But I gotta hand it to @DT. He didn't get as much support as he should have from me, as I was coming out of a summer haze, but he still found a couple ways to really put his stamp on the production side of the tournament. The format was awesome - it did cause some serious delays in the action at times, but otherwise was fun as hell. The prizes, and their reception were priceless (if only we had that @gripsmoke rejection on film!). I liked that we had a losers bracket ( I especially liked sending @gripsmoke's punk ass to said losers bracket), and the ROY award was a beautiful touch. Special shout out to 91 Huskies and the 6killer, for breathing some new life in the PNW.

@moonwalk, you're a reeallll sonofabitch. But I'm sort of glad your long trip up here was rewarded. Maybe it would encourage others to do so. Congrats to you on the win. 

Lastly, and this is something I just want to throw out there - I don't want to wait until next summer to get together again. But I don't think it should be on @manyo360, myself or @DT. for us to get together. I think it's just about time that the Muthafukas down there in PDX threw their phukin' hat in the ring and tried to put something together. Even if it is small. We could Tecmo it up, check out a Blazers game...do what...ahem *Gentlemen* do in Portland...the possibilities are endless, and I think it's about goddamn time. Sheeeeiiiit. I'd even settle for a tourney at Ground Kontrol, as long as it wasn't on Sundays during football season.

Cheers boys. See ya soon. 

-Ted

Edited by SirTed

I'm not sure they got the juice. They had one at the Ground Kontrol once before. It was Grip, TBK, and two other tomato cans that got crushed.

That being said. The weekend in between the Championship Games and the Superbowl, the Blazers host the Griz that Friday Night....

Here's how the rest shook down, with Jim Jensen obliterating Hanging Chadwick, sending him down, and Kamp edging Stu and Ted edging Grip in two Win-Or-Go-JAM games. You'll notice I was the only one to go 5-0... which almost guarantees a fall in the brackets... Shoulda put in a regular season champ award like I do for my fantasy league....

WP_20160908_11_39_31_Pro.jpg

The Brackets! Boogie!!!! made a run in the bottom bracket, setting up the highlight of the tournament... The winner of the bottom bracket had their pick of either Tecmo NBA Basketball for the NES or Barkley's Shut Up and Jam for the Genesis. As Gripsmoke faced Boogie with Stu! for the title, it was established before that both would take Tecmo NBA if they emerged victorious. Grip had fumblitis and was very disturbed. After the game I immediately presented Stu with the game of his choosing, and as Grip started bitching, I said "here's your trophy" and tossed him Shut Up and Jam. Beer in one hand, thunder in the other, without flinching, Grip swatted the Genesis game into the rafters/corner of the bar... GTFO!

Lol. Well the top half of the bracket was fun too, ha. GGs. Moonwalk vs Kamphuna winner take all was a good game, Dolphins over Chiefs. Stoyanovich drilled it in Thomas' eye and I never game Moonwalk the big letters treatment on the sheet here, but pretty cool stuff- dude rolled in the day before from Colorado and bested all of the local champs. I think we all convinced him that this is his final destination! Hope he stays and joins the community! And yes, there WILL be another event of some sort before next summer. I will see to that!

WP_20160908_11_40_01_Pro.jpg

• Knobbe unpinned this topic

Damn, Peter, way to represent the Madison crew! For those who don't know Peter (aka @moonwalk):

• He found our listing for Madison Tecmo I on Madison.com back in 2005, and showed up at our tournament as a complete unknown (sound familiar?).  He rolled the tournament field, beat Chet twice, only to lose to me in the championship game.
  • In Madison Tecmo III, he beat @kingsoby1, Oilers over Bears, to claim his first and last Tecmo Madison title.
  • Along with Rik and James, won Tecmo Ryder Cup II outside of Minneapolis, MN.
  • Despite claims of superiority by Rikster and Skunker, Peter remains the most decorated player from Neenah, WI.
  • He is curently being guided cross-country by an Elway figurine I left with him in Denver last year. Only the Tecmo gods know where he'll end up next.

Congratulations, Peter, on your second major tourney victory!