Tecmo Fantasy Football Draft Position Selector

Hi,

I am looking to use tecmo bowl to select the draft positions for our fantasy football league.  I thought it would a cool idea instead of pick names out of a hat.  I am looking for the following criteria:

1) All the Players and Play books are the same for all teams.  No advantages.

2) Either a Season and then Playoffs or a Tournament to determine Draft position played by CPU only.

3) Needs to have 12 teams. would be nice to put FF team names in.

Is there an easy way to do this? I know how to run an emulator and record it. I could keep track of the games on paper. But does anyone know how to hack the game for editing the teams names and logos?  I really stink at computers.  Is this too much to do or not possible?

Thanks

Even if you spent the time to painstakingly update rosters so that they're equal, figured out how to change simulation attributes that you don't know about, and then updated team names, how would you assign value to a playoff/tournament?  When the teams lose wild card games how do you assign a value to which losing team is rated lower?!?

You would spend countless hours putting together something where members of your league were thinking the results are bunk.

You shouldn't attempt this.

• 2 months later...

I say go for it man, there's only one way to learn and that's by doing it.  I came in without any experience doing this kind of stuff, but there's a ton of tools for rosters and renaming and what not - I've made a few roms for myself personally that I enjoy - I would say, until you really learn everything take a lot of notes, because you forget things quick if you don't do it a lot.  There were plenty of times where I got something to work, and then tried to come back to it later and was like "how did I do that again?".  Just jump on the hacking documentation page and pretty much anything you want to do has been done already, and all the guys on here are great about helping you through if you have questions.  It's going to take time to learn how to do all that stuff, especially if you don't have much computer experience, but I'm sure that there's more than a handful of guys on here that started from you're at and have just gotten good with practice.

As far as your schedule/playoff system goes, just make sure you make it clear to everyone how it is going to work.

We did something kind of similar to this when we did an Arena League fantasy league - I made an updated AFL game (I even put in walls, it was pretty sweet), except we played all the games ourselves so you had to earn your draft choice :)