Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PockyCandy

Classic Tailback Highlights

246 posts in this topic

On 12/19/2016 at 9:30 PM, buck said:

dude, watch the tapes.  Earl was a sprinter with hercules's body and true RB instincts.  Ironhead took little small strides and ran like a fat dude.

I have a tape.......it's a season highlight tape when 'Iron Head' was traded to Atlanta (coincedentally the same season Dickerson retired) and lost 25 ta 30 pounds.....his strides weren't small, he looked fast, and he could catch.  He rushed for over 1000+ yards that year and made the Probowl.  That's what you get from Heyward when he doesn't have to share with the two other backs Mayes & Hilliard.  I'd also be curious to know Heyward & Campbell's fastest career 40 times......I'd be willing to bet $$$ that Campbell's was when he played for Texas, and Heyward, when he was in Atlanta.

Dang! Look at all those chop blocks!

Also, buck was 100% right. He runs like a fat guy. lol

21 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

I have a tape.......it's a season highlight tape when 'Iron Head' was traded to Atlanta (coincedentally the same season Dickerson retired) and lost 25 ta 30 pounds.....his strides weren't small, he looked fast, and he could catch.  He rushed for over 1000+ yards that year and made the Probowl.  That's what you get from Heyward when he doesn't have to share with the two other backs Mayes & Hilliard.  I'd also be curious to know Heyward & Campbell's fastest career 40 times......I'd be willing to bet $$$ that Campbell's was when he played for Texas, and Heyward, when he was in Atlanta.

c'mon man. ..you just like to fight or what?

Earl = Heisman, rookie of the year, nfl leading rusher in his first 3 seasons, hall of fame, highlights out the ass, broken ass old man body because he gave it all to football, etc.  Earl is the man!

ironhead = best KR in TSB (cough...stan brock)?  one good year in ATL (debatable)?  soap salesman (what was it, irish spring)?  

nickle, please..

Edited by buck

I decided to delay the Lawrence Phillips video to spotlight a much more honorable person. Jackie Robinson was actually a really damn good football player during his time at UCLA, which no one remembers because of his trailblazing baseball career. Anyways, I hope that you all enjoy these vintage highlights :) 

^^^WHOA!!!!!!!!  Jackie Robinson played quarterback & halfback???.....What would that make him???...a quarter past a half back???.....the dude was a phenominal athlete, that all I can say.  Great find Poc...alot of people didn't know he also played football.........including me. 

@~Tailback King~ One of the more infamous figures in the history of modern football. From everything I've read about him, Lawrence Phillips desperately needed Jesus in his life.

^^^He was a seriously talented big shifty back........R.I.P.  Who knows what he could have done if his head was screwed on all the way?!

He's somewhere below Herchel and Gurley in the pecking order of great modern-day Georgia runningbacks. 

Edited by PockyCandy

I salt-n-pepa'd the last three pages, but didn't see him:  has "le patient 1" - Le'Veon Bell - shown-up ~Sho Nuf~ in this thread matrix, yet?

2 hours ago, Bolt said:

I salt-n-pepa'd the last three pages, but didn't see him:  has "le patient 1" - Le'Veon Bell - shown-up ~Sho Nuf~ in this thread matrix, yet?

WTF are you trying to say?

58 minutes ago, PockyCandy said:

WTF are you trying to say?

he's asking if you posted a LeVeon Bell highlight vid....yet.

I said Le'Veon Bell was gonna be one of the best backs in the league, what is it 5 years ago now, on this forum........My next big thing picc's were #1 Marcus Lattimore, #2 Le'Veon Bell, and #3 Todd Gurley............I seem to recall Bell and Lattimore were only Juniors, and Gurley was a freshmen......I hate to be the one that says I told ya'll so, but I told ya'll so......................and yes, I should be an NFL runningbacks scout.

Here's some old-school run n shoot highlights. Weatherspoon was a beast:

I remember him...those big pads.  He was short and stalky, fast and powerful.....But not big enough for that smashmouth runningstyle to translate in the pros.  (He took to many HUGE shots) ........BTW, I know I'm not the only one to think Andre Ware looks like a Randall Cunningham clone.....Heisman 89' if I remember correctly, and decent Tecmobowl Lions QB.

6 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

I remember him...those big pads.  He was short and stalky, fast and powerful.....But not big enough for that smashmouth runningstyle to translate in the pros.  (He took to many HUGE shots) ........BTW, I know I'm not the only one to think Andre Ware looks like a Randall Cunningham clone.....Heisman 89' if I remember correctly, and decent Tecmobowl Lions QB.

I thought that he resembled a poor man's, fat, tubby Adrian Peterson as he waddled across the field for 7 or 8 yards a pop. 

Here's a video that I forgot to show when I made the video a few weeks ago. The former NFL MVP, Shaun Alexander:

Posted (edited)

^^^I'm a Seahawks fan so I alwayz liked him......he always seemed like he reacted slow, or in slow motion to whatever was going on around him, but it never seemed to matter because he put up the #'s.  He got the job done on some pretty good Seahawks teams.  Good memories.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

shaun alexander rarely if ever put his foot into the ground when making contact, weak af... SEA fans knew it in his heyday, but know it even more after the beastmode era... shaun had good vision, and was utterly seamless in his moves, but his gaptoothed smile should be a permanent mile wide in gratitude for the holes he received in college and the nfl... shaun alexander was chris warren 2.0: efficient system RB, albeit with more polished smoothness than the hesitating herky jerk of "warm it up" chris

If @buck was an NFL running back, this is who I'd imagine he'd run like. Decisive and tough. 

2 hours ago, PockyCandy said:

If @buck was an NFL running back, this is who I'd imagine he'd run like. Decisive and tough. 

I've got VHS tapes, dude.  my dad taped most of my stuff, and I have some very low quality copies of some of my team season highlight VHS tapes.  in a box in the basement.

The other half of Army's incredible duo in the 1940's. Glenn Davis, who was the lightning to Doc Blanchard's thunder.

Posted (edited)

On 3/15/2017 at 7:25 PM, PockyCandy said:

The other half of Army's incredible duo in the 1940's. Glenn Davis, who was the lightning to Doc Blanchard's thunder.

dang, glenn davis was good.  strong, blazing speed, and could throw a heck of a fade.  I didn't even know who this guy was.  thanks for the vid.

from wikipedia:

"With Davis and Blanchard, Army went 27-0-1 in 1944, 1945, and 1946. Davis was nicknamed "Mr. Outside", while Blanchard was "Mr. Inside"."

wow.  must have been all those guys going into the army for WW2.  gave Army a nice pool of talent.

Edited by buck

This is the best thread on this site..............................................................................................................but it's missing one PLAYER.