Sign in to follow this  
PockyCandy

Classic Tailback Highlights

hell yeah, Napoleon is my dude!  some kind of courage to take all those carries at ~170 lbs and run HARD each and every one of them..... hell, not HARD so much as just full throttle out of control with that crazy 4.3 speed, loved #8 with the black socks in the purple and gold!

great vid pocky, only thing missing was the Huskies legendary play by play man Bob Rondeau with the TOUCHDOWN WASHINGTON! after each score, kamp knows what I"m talking about.  The other thing about this vid was it made me nostalgic for the days when the Huskies had the dominant OL to go with their dominant D, just dominant in the trenches altogether..... which hasn't been the case for 20 years at least now, but things are starting to look up this season, can't wait, GO DAWGS!

On 7/1/2016 at 7:45 AM, PockyCandy said:

Great video of one of the greatest players I'v ever seen.........He was my last favorite player of my childhood years, right up there with Johnson and Dickerson.  I have his Ohio St. Jerzey which my mom bought me when I was a sophmore in highschool.  (still got it, still fits, still looks new)  The year after that he won the Heisman.  Coincedence???.....I don't think so!!!  My Portland St. football coaches thought I ran like he did......I tend to agree.  

2 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

^^^F*%k yeah.....It's about TIME!!!......I got him on the Rams in Super Tecmobowl.

~The "Marvellous" Marcus Dupree~

I remembered that you had requested a Dupree video weeks ago. I was going to do a Marshall Faulk vid, but my goodness, finding footage of him is difficult and extremely tedious. 

Anyways, the U of Oklahoma has uploaded basically every game that Dupree played in. So you will never see another Dupree video as comprehensive as this one. 

PS: Oklahoma in 1982 had one of the sh*tiest passing "attacks" I've ever seen. 

Edited by PockyCandy

I'm going to try to upload that stupid thing by tonight. I was planning on it having footage from maybe 8 of his games, but as it turns out, my obsession with making it comprehensive has made the video much longer. It includes footage of EVERY game from his brief career (sans the first 3, when he had 12 carries for 20 yards). And even then, I would've completed it by yesterday if I didn't have to work a long shift to cover for my coworker's stupidity. 

PS: Barry Switzer should've given him more carries. After watching the ESPN documentary, I can see that they didn't have the best relationship, but you'd think that Switzer would've seen that Dupree was the best player on offense and given him as many carries as he could. In other words, Oklahoma should've ridden Dupree like Georgia rode Herschel Walker.

Great vid by the way...........(whole career in 15 minutes)........as great as Dupree was, and he was GREAT, I don't think Switzer could have ridden him like Herschel because he wasn't even close to being as durable as Walker was......and that's not a slight on Dupree. NOBODY could take punishment like Walker.

^^^He was my FIRST favorite player ever.........I blame him for gettin' me into football..........I was 4 years old and I asked my dad why his shoulders were so big :)  ............It was over from there.  I have an authentic home and away jersey of his, plus the poster my mom got him to autograph for me for my 12th birthday...........(I had the poster since I was 6.  He has blood all over his pants and jersey...pretty sicc!!!  Now it's in a frame in the man cave)

(p.s.  Warner was THE man, but another sad tragic story of the blown out knee cutting greatness short)

Edited by ~Tailback King~

51 minutes ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

^^^He was my FIRST favorite player ever.........I blame him for gettin' me into football..........I was 4 years old and I asked my dad why his shoulders were so big :)  ............It was over from there.  I have an authentic home and away jersey of his, plus the poster my mom got him to autograph for me for my 12th birthday...........(I had the poster since I was 6.  He has blood all over his pants and jersey...pretty sicc!!!  Now it's in a frame in the man cave)

(p.s.  Warner was THE man, but another sad tragic story of the blown out knee cutting greatness short)

That's an awesome story :)

For what it's worth, I haven't had this much fun making a video since the Barry Sanders video. Curt Warner has a style reminiscent of Billy Sims, maybe less crazy and more smooth. 

Curt Warner looks like Tony Dorsett - if Tony lost a step (or two).  

I do like his style - tough, shifty, and has that cool "dip" move.  I don't like Curt over Billy Sims, though, no way.  

But for sure Curt is "classic tailback" material, in my opinion.  nice vid.

Edited by buck