Sign in to follow this  
PockyCandy

Classic Tailback Highlights

3 hours ago, davefmurray said:

Your first 3hour video should be worth the wait!

Not sure if it'll be that long, but it'll be at least 30 minutes of game-footage from his college days. I think that it's ironic that he was utilized exactly the same in his first season as he was in his last: A glorified full-back who came in for 3 or 4 plays a game to go up the middle on 3 and short. 

George Rogers highlights. He doesn't look super-impressive in this video, i'll admit, but I think that he would've if I'd found some games of him playing against teams that didn't have talent that was vastly superior to his team's. In other words, what would his highlight video look like playing on one of Mike Rozier's Nebraska teams?

Edited by PockyCandy

51 minutes ago, PockyCandy said:

I think that it's ironic that he was utilized exactly the same in his first season as he was in his last: A glorified full-back who came in for 3 or 4 plays a game to go up the middle on 3 and short. 

It can't be ironic because that is completely wrong. He ran for 900yds+ and threw for 3000yds+ his senior year.

17 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

It can't be ironic because that is completely wrong. He ran for 900yds+ and threw for 3000yds+ his senior year.

Sorry, I meant to say Tebow's role in his freshman year of college was the same as his last year in the professionals. 

@buck Here is Barry Sanders' collegiate highlights. I could probably say this for every video, but I wish that I could find more games featuring him. It only took 4 games to make a 10 minute video. I can't imagine how awesome it would be if I could've found his games against Tulsa (304 yd, 5 td), Kansas State (320yd, 3 td), and Texas Tech (332 yd, 4 td). People say that LeSean McCoy is elusive, but he's got nothing on Barry Sanders. NOTHING. 

On 5/29/2016 at 8:57 PM, Bolt said:

So no Tommy Vardell / no Peyton Hillis, then?....

@Bolt, I was able to find enough footage to put together a halfway decent highlight video for Touchdown Tommy. Going from Barry Sanders to Tommy Vardell was pretty jarring stylistically. Anyways, Derrick Henry is more or less this dude's clone, except he may have more a little bit more speed but slightly less power. Everything else about them seems identical to me (build, running style, and their lack of agility).

Edited by PockyCandy

On 6/18/2016 at 8:37 AM, PockyCandy said:

Of course it did....why wouldn't it!

Yet another running back derailed by weed. Although Ricky Williams was in another stratosphere when it comes to dominance at his position. Dude won the Doak Walker award on a team that went 4-7, which probably won't ever happen again.

My next tailback video should be posted soon (I've been dabbling in making old NBA videos lately, thus the lack of videos). 

However, I'm also wanting to try my hand at making NFL videos, highlighting one of five subjects using real-game footage and commentary:

1: Air Coryell Chargers

2: The Purple People Eaters Vikings

3: Randall Cunningham 

4: Run and Shoot Houston Oilers

5: Walter Payton