Sign in to follow this  
PockyCandy

Classic Tailback Highlights

By the way, this will never, ever, ever, ever happen. But I wish that the NCAA would have this online vault of every televised game in college history in MP4 form available to download (as long as that person would agree not to profit from the games). That would make my job a lot easier.

This is a pretty underwhelming video compared to the Hershel Walker one, but not everyone can be as exciting as Walker. Still a fantastic runner. I think that this video would've been better if 2 of the 5 games that I could find weren't Florida State blowouts that are mostly devoid of Miami highlights. 

Edited by PockyCandy

4 hours ago, PockyCandy said:

Mike Rozier was such a spectacular runner in college, but was such a slightly-above-average, 50MS runner in the pros. 

Rozier was another USFL phenom, too.  

I think you are starting to see that people are not like machines and that everybody's different.  the race is not always won by the swift nor the battle by the strong.  some peak early, some peak late, some suck always, and some are total bad asses for a relatively long time - and it could be mental, physical, or emotional issues that help or hurt; but we all fade away eventually and become has-beens, no doubt.

13 hours ago, buck said:

Rozier was another USFL phenom, too.  

I think you are starting to see that people are not like machines and that everybody's different.  the race is not always won by the swift nor the battle by the strong.  some peak early, some peak late, some suck always, and some are total bad asses for a relatively long time - and it could be mental, physical, or emotional issues that help or hurt; but we all fade away eventually and become has-beens, no doubt.

HI Rozier, Kelvin Bryant, Hershel, Joe Cribbs... all were absolute studs in the usfl. God bless the US and FL

19 hours ago, buck said:

Yeah, I've definitely noticed that. 

Mike Rozier's collegiate highlights. He was amazing in college, and this video was a lot of fun to make. Part of the credit for his success should be given to Turner Gill being an awesome option QB who would always pitch it at the right time.

Now I need to make a video involving a Big 10 runner so I can make my midwestern viewers happy too. I've already made an Archie Griffin video, but I'm saving that for the next semester when I'm too busy to make new videos and I need stuff to upload. Any suggestions?

6 minutes ago, buck said:

Reggie Bush?

Yeah, he's definitely on the list of guys that need videos.

As for Marion Barber, I can't find enough footage of him to make a good video. Not too many people are uploading games of early 00's Golden Gopher contests.

@buck There's lots of Reggie Bush footage on youtube, so I should be able to make a good video featuring him. You may not see it till autumn though, since I need good vids to release when I'm in school.

@Bolt You have to remember, the backs you request need to be guys that you think will have full games posted of them on youtube. I think that a Billy Sims video would be feasible. There are just so many great running backs that could have their own video, it's hard to pick which ones to do first.

Anyways, next up is Penn State great Blair Thomas, who is now notorious for being the guy picked ahead of Emmitt Smith. 

40 minutes ago, PockyCandy said:

@Bolt You have to remember, the backs you request need to be guys that you think will have full games posted of them on youtube. I think that a Billy Sims video would be feasible. There are just so many great running backs that could have their own video, it's hard to pick which ones to do first.

So no Tommy Vardell / no Peyton Hillis, then?....

I think we're on the same wavelength, though: I was going to suggest Blair Thomas (for some reason).  (I know he was good in college)

On 5/28/2016 at 6:25 PM, Bolt said:

marion BARBER

&

Elmo (Larry Maroney)

two-headed monster...

Hell no............the best Tailback to ever come outta Minnesota was DARRELL THOMPSON.......You wanna see a 6'2, 235 lb. studd running back of the yesteryear, google or youtube HIM!!!  He was alwayz one of my favorites growing up......plus, he was the star rookie on the Packers in Tecmo Superbowl.

Blair Thomas' collegiate highlights. That guy was incredibly elusive and quick in college. It seems like he was derailed by injuries, because even if he wasn't great in the pros, one would believe that he could've carved out a nice 10 year career as a third-down back like Reggie Bush did. 

^^^I love this thread by the way.....................Blair Thomas' career came to an abrupt end when the Jets decided to go another way and trade for a running back who was bigger, taller, faster, stronger, and just better in every way..................that running backs' name was ______ _______.   (fill in da blank)

Billy Sims is the only one of your recent highlights that deserve a spot in this thread.  Blair Thomas???  Edge???  Those guys shouldn't even be mentioned as classic tailbacks, too slow (but good, solid RBs, no doubt).  IMO

Billy Sims is a freak!  Always knew he was faster than everyone and shifty, but now I see this aggressive bad ass, kneeing dudes in the face, bucking, and prancing around, crazy.  Thanks for this one.

Edited by buck

58 minutes ago, buck said:

Billy Sims is the only one of your recent highlights that deserve a spot in this thread.  Blair Thomas???  Edge???  Those guys shouldn't even be mentioned as classic tailbacks, too slow (but good, solid RBs, no doubt).  IMO

Billy Sims is a freak!  Always knew he was faster than everyone and shifty, but now I see this aggressive bad ass, kneeing dudes in the face, bucking, and prancing around, crazy.  Thanks for this one.

Edge was pretty good, as was Blair Thomas. But yeah, I know that they're not of the same caliber of a Billy Sims or an Eric Dickerson. But they were still really good, and they didn't have a good highlight video of them on youtube. And if I only make videos of the superhuman ones, I'm gonna run out of runningbacks really soon. And for what it's worth, Mike Rozier was a deity in college, so I'd say he deserves a spot in this thread. 

Billy Sims was awesome. I had a blast making that video. 

Edited by PockyCandy

Love Billy Simms..................but when talkin' bout Oklahoma Tailbacks, there's only one king.  He was so good, the first time I saw these highlights years ago, I shedd a tear........ (probably the combo of the supernatural God givin' talent he had, and the tragic way his career ended)