Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PockyCandy

Classic Tailback Highlights

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, PockyCandy said:

 

Thanks, and I hope that your son liked the highlight video! 

 

I could watch Bo all day man. That dude was such a freak of nature. My son doesn't get it at all. He just sees me working on Madison stuff and thinks Bo is cool. He told a friend at church recently that I am super rich because I have tons of Bo Jackson cards. 😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this isn't my usual 15+ minute video, but I found a few Barry Sanders highlights while making my Thurman Thomas video. I figured I'd throw them together and release them anyways. One of these days, I'll find all of his 1988 games and create the ultimate Barry Sanders video. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, Barry had that spin move! Awesome. So rare.

 

Crazy that Thurman and Barry were there at the same time. I wore a lot of OSU gear as a kid back then.

Edited by buck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where's my damn Johnny Johnson video @PockyCandy ??????  Did you think by just ignoring one of the Greatest of All Time in Tecmo, College football, & the National Football League, that the need for this video to make your highlight video career complete, would just disappere?????  Well it won't.  You'll have to digg DEEP!!!  Making & completing this video will be the measuring stick to all the young aspiring college football video makers in the future!.....not to mention putting the icing on the cake to your brilliant "ALMOST" legendary video making career!  The best things witnessed in life are hard to find, like a whale spouting water, a grand slam home run, a Hail Mary touchdown, a Lamborgini Veneno, a horse with two tails, a fine woman who cooks and cleans, a Seahawks Championship,.. you get it???  Take a good long look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, "am I good enough? am I smart enough? do people like me?"...I'll tell ya this, after this video's complete, it won't matter, because "Legends" don't give a f*%k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, buck said:

Man, Barry had that spin move! Awesome. So rare.

 

Crazy that Thurman and Barry were there at the same time. I wore a lot of OSU gear as a kid back then.

 

Yeah, he's the only player I've ever seen who could consistently pull off those jukes and spins on a regular basis. Not just every game, but on almost every run, he put some sort of move on a defender that made your jaw drop. Even his 4 yard runs were sensational. Saquon Barkley actually comes the closest from the backs I've watched (at least on the collegiate level). 

 

Yeah, the amount of depth those OK State teams had was exceptional on offense. Thurman Thomas and Sanders for a couple of years, and Hart Lee Dykes and Mike Gundy were terrific for all 3 years of Sander's career there. Their defense was crap though :( 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

 

So you're saying it's never gonna happen???????????????????????? :)

 

It's a work-in-progress.

 

In other news, I've started a Marcus Lattimore video, and he was basically a Marshawn Lynch clone. Was well-built but not huge, and didn't have great speed either. But both just broke a ton of tackles and grinded out solid run after solid run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2017 at 3:11 PM, PockyCandy said:

 

It's a work-in-progress.

 

In other news, I've started a Marcus Lattimore video, and he was basically a Marshawn Lynch clone. Was well-built but not huge, and didn't have great speed either. But both just broke a ton of tackles and grinded out solid run after solid run. 

 

Lattimore was nothing like Lynch.....Marcus was a WAY smoother runner stylisticly and could catch a hell of a lot better.  Yes they both broke tackles and that's about the end of the comparison.  You should probably watch the video's of these guys again and you'll find that Lattimore was a down hill slashing north to south style runner (Johnson, Eddie George-ish) while Lynch seems to rather juke and shimmy, (Sanders, Natrone Means-ish) and to me waste a lot of motion.  Don't get me wrong, I love Marshawn, especially when he was with the Bills and my Seahawks, but they're programmed differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

 

Lattimore was nothing like Lynch.....Marcus was a WAY smoother runner stylisticly and could catch a hell of a lot better.  Yes they both broke tackles and that's about the end of the comparison.  You should probably watch the video's of these guys again and you'll find that Lattimore was a down hill slashing north to south style runner (Johnson, Eddie George-ish) while Lynch seems to rather juke and shimmy, (Sanders, Natrone Means-ish) and to me waste a lot of motion.  Don't get me wrong, I love Marshawn, especially when he was with the Bills and my Seahawks, but they're programmed differently.

 

I'm going to disagree with you on that one. Lattimore was very prone to juking and cutting, especially in his freshman season before his knee injuries. Lynch and Lattimore looked like clones. Of course, I just finished his freshman year, so maybe he lost that after his knee injury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PockyCandy said:

 

I'm going to disagree with you on that one. Lattimore was very prone to juking and cutting, especially in his freshman season before his knee injuries. Lynch and Lattimore looked like clones. Of course, I just finished his freshman year, so maybe he lost that after his knee injury. 

 

Well,....... all I can say Pocky is it's o.k. for you to be wrong, but I'm still lookin' forward to enjoyin' the $#!t outta your video!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×