Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PockyCandy

Classic Tailback Highlights

239 posts in this topic

Who remembers this guy? He finished second to Barry Sanders in rushing during the 1988 season. 

^^^I remember he played for Chicago for awhile......He may have been 2nd in rushing in 88', but second to Barry in all~purpose yards that year was some back who played for San Jose St.....then later went to the Phoenix Cardinals, and went to the Probowl his rookie year.....and then became a star on some obscure nintendo football game..........................................I just can't put my finger on his name...............................all I know is that guy definitley deserves a highlight reel if Darrin Lewis has one.

^^^Naw..........It's only poison at Tournaments where I have to play against teams that completely outclass the Cardinals.....other than that, Johnny Johnson was an elite back who I looked up to since I was in single digets.  People need to know about "best that never was" players like him.  They defined an era......and there's nothing kool-aid about Johnson.....more like a 100 proof top shelf Bourbon.

WOW!!!!!!.............your turning into the Luke Skywalker of cool runningback vids,............but your not a Jedi yet...........you have one more video to make before you have completed your training....

I decided to make a generic top 10 plays video, complete with the ALL CAPS clickbait part in the title. 

Posted (edited)

A guy who played for an Ivy League school, yet was a heisman winner. He was a single-wing tailback, so Kazmaier was essentially the QB of the team. In today's game, he'd be considered an exciting Manziel/Vick/Lamar Jackson type of dual threat QB. 

Edited by PockyCandy

DJ Dozier wasn't the most gifted athlete of all time, but he knew how to run effectively and just got yardage. I really enjoyed making this video. Also, the cover is one of the more iconic images in CFB history:

^^^He wasn't the MOST gifted athlete, but he was a pretty damn good one...he had a burst that few backs his size had, plus he could crush a baseball and run the bases exceptionally.....he was another Bo, just not as fast.  He was drafted by the NFL and the Major League.   

21 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

^^^He wasn't the MOST gifted athlete, but he was a pretty damn good one...he had a burst that few backs his size had, plus he could crush a baseball and run the bases exceptionally.....he was another Bo, just not as fast.  He was drafted by the NFL and the Major League.   

He was a good athlete, but nothing spectacular. He wasn't a great baseball player either. Dozier was a good player who had nice quickness, but wasn't anything spectacular. The only reason that I made this video is because he always seemed to be popping up in the games I was watching for other players videos. Eventually, I decided that I might as well take advantage of all of that video just sitting around and made a video of Dozier. And this was the result. 

16 hours ago, PockyCandy said:

He was a good athlete, but nothing spectacular. He wasn't a great baseball player either. Dozier was a good player who had nice quickness, but wasn't anything spectacular. The only reason that I made this video is because he always seemed to be popping up in the games I was watching for other players videos. Eventually, I decided that I might as well take advantage of all of that video just sitting around and made a video of Dozier. And this was the result. 

Well......you know what they say......opinions' are like a$$holes.....everybody has one ;)   ......in the 80's, when he played for Penn State, and he was in his mode, I think he was one of the best college players in the country. (eazily top 10)  .....He also had a knack for saving his best $#!t for the big games...he reminded me a lot of Franco Harris for the Steelers.