Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PockyCandy

Classic Tailback Highlights

239 posts in this topic

This is the first highlight video ever posted on youtube of Eric Dickerson during his Pony Express days. What an incredibly graceful runner; his running style looked effortless even though he was faster than anyone else on the field. @buck and Tailback King, you two will probably enjoy this video the most.

Edited by PockyCandy

nice work.  thanks for putting this together.  I appreciate the original audio feed, instead of some fruity loops rapper.

Too big, too fast, too strong...............I'v said it 1000 times.  The best player I EVER saw touch a football.  PockyCandy, your cool points just went from a 5 to about an 11........great highlights.

19 hours ago, buck said:

nice work.  thanks for putting this together.  I appreciate the original audio feed, instead of some fruity loops rapper.

Thanks for watching and enjoying the video. I hate rap music in highlight videos, the only music I put in mine is some techno music (it's not distracting and it helps avoid audio copyrights). But I figured that putting any sort of music in this video would detract from the highlights, so I just had the original commentary and nothing else.

Next up is EARL CAMPBELL.

Earl Campbell's college highlights. This one is for my dad, since Campbell was his favorite runner growing up (says that he's never seen a better runner than Earl Campbell in his prime). It takes 3 guys to tackle him (*o*), and he was really fast too. I didn't expect such a large guy to have such blinding speed and balance. 

I was going to make an OJ Simpson video next, until my mother convinced me that making a Juice video wasn't a great idea. So I've decided to make a video about another USC legend.........Marcus Allen.

PS: I've gone from Eric Dickerson to Earl Campbell to Marcus Allen to probably Herschel Walker. Talk about seeing every kind of running style imaginable.

Damn dude...............you're soaking up game from these oldschool "Golden Era" players......runningbacks in the league and college should be REQUIRED to watch these videos.....If I were a coach, they would be.

Marcus Allen's collegiate highlights. USC spammed the toss sweep play more than your average Madden player. Anyways, I expected more long runs, but it turned out that he was the king of the simple 4-6 yard run, and that he basically wore out defenses without them noticing it. But when Marcus Allen got past the linebackers, he was so damn smooth in the open field!

Edited by PockyCandy

On 5/20/2016 at 6:51 PM, PockyCandy said:

I was going to make an OJ Simpson video next, until my mother convinced me that making a Juice video wasn't a great idea. So I've decided to make a video about another USC legend.........Marcus Allen.

PS: I've gone from Eric Dickerson to Earl Campbell to Marcus Allen to probably Herschel Walker. Talk about seeing every kind of running style imaginable.

I have an EXCELLENT and inspiring VHS tape of OJ Simpson highlights (it contains college and pro), and I believe there's a personal interview that is going on throughout the highlights, that I bought back in the early 90s.  

I love watching OJ run.  Imagine the balls (and team effort) it took to run for 200 yards in the snow and 31 degree weather to get to the 2000 yard mark in a 14 game season!  I mean, he had to run for 200 yards in the last game of the season to get the record (and the win at JETS) - and don't forget the other BUF RB had 24 carries that same game!

If it doesn't fit, you must acquit.

SLASHER Style !

Pocky, you're like the Baron von Lector of highlight reels...

I'm going to need to see a Freeman McNeil, please

9 hours ago, Bolt said:

SLASHER Style !

Pocky, you're like the Baron von Lector of highlight reels...

I'm going to need to see a Freeman McNeil, please

So far, I've only been able to find 3 games that he played in during his UCLA days, so it would be a fairly short video.

btw, Herschel Walker is a highlight machine.

found these down in the basement in a box - these are Rotfeld Video, copyright 1990, I don't have the cases anymore.  

box also contains VHS highlights of young HS running back "buck" and many NFL films VHS tapes from the 1980's and early 90's.

rvi video.jpg

and I don't even care if OJ did what every other rapper raps about and "fake" violence that people let their kids watch on TV and movies everyday, he is top 5 all time college and NFL RBs.  gotta give that title to him. 

Edited by buck

7 hours ago, PockyCandy said:

So far, I've only been able to find 3 games that he played in during his UCLA days, so it would be a fairly short video.

That's alright:  Got plenty of Freeman's slasher-style in my full-length games.  But thanks for checking :mrgreen:

3 hours ago, Bolt said:

That's alright:  Got plenty of Freeman's slasher-style in my full-length games.  But thanks for checking :mrgreen:

No, I"m definitely now making a Freeman McNeil video. Actually, I'd enjoy getting suggestions for backs that you'd like to see in a video. 

@buck, I'm going to compromise between you and what my mother has said, and will include a few of OJ's runs in my big "Best Tailbacks in NCAA History" video that will be released once I have enough footage. 

2 hours ago, PockyCandy said:

No, I"m definitely now making a Freeman McNeil video. Actually, I'd enjoy getting suggestions for backs that you'd like to see in a video.

LeGarrette Blount, por favor.

I don't know about a highlight vid, because it probably isn't enough out there, but I would love to see another full length game of Johnny Johnson @ San Jose State in 88'..........he was second only to Barry Sanders in most yards from scrimmage in the NATION that year.  He had a game vs the Washington Huskies that year where he went over 300 yards and 4 TD's........I'd love to see that!!!

22 hours ago, Bolt said:

LeGarrette Blount, por favor.

Sorry, but LaGarrette Blount does not qualify as a great collegiate tailback in my book. Only one good season, and even that season wasn't super-legendary like Marcus Dupree's one season. Not to mention, I want to focus on older backs. The most recent I may consider doing is Adrian Peterson or Darren McFadden. 

Here's a few of the guys I want to make videos for:

Bo Jackson

Ron Dayne

Freeman McNeil

Darren McFadden

Archie Griffin

Mike Rozier

Curt Warner

Ricky Williams

George Rogers

Charles Alexander

Rashaan Salaam

Edited by PockyCandy

how about that Kevin Smith guy?  he was drafted by DET a few years ago.  I seem to remember that he racked up yardage in college.

6 minutes ago, buck said:

how about that Kevin Smith guy?  he was drafted by DET a few years ago.  I seem to remember that he racked up yardage in college.

I'll see about him. He rushed for 2500 yards one season, if recall correctly. 

6 hours ago, PockyCandy said:

Sorry, but LaGarrette Blount does not qualify as a great collegiate tailback in my book.

That's unacceptable.  I need to see Danny Woodhead.  Word has it he could lay wood like Johnny Johnson on Astro-turf.    Sheer ecstasy?

Edited by Bolt
Sheer ecstasy?

How was this guy not the best running back in NFL history? He looks like the greatest ever in college.

12 minutes ago, PockyCandy said:

How was this guy not the best running back in NFL history? He looks like the greatest ever in college.

his NFL career numbers are not bad at all.  especially considering Herschel played his first three professional seasons in the USFL before he even went to the NFL.  he touched the ball about 1200 times in those three years for over 7000 yards.

14 hours ago, buck said:

his NFL career numbers are not bad at all.  especially considering Herschel played his first three professional seasons in the USFL before he even went to the NFL.  he touched the ball about 1200 times in those three years for over 7000 yards.

My goodness, that's a lot of touches in only 3 seasons! And considering that he had almost 1000 carries in 3 years at Georgia before that, I wonder how worn down he was by the time he hit the NFL?

Anyways, since I want to take a break from early 80's halfbacks, Next up is the legendary back from the U.........Edgerrin James.