Centralia, WA - 07/02/16 - The Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship 5 (PNWTC5)

manYo

Ha. I ain't duckin and runnin. You haven't heard from me cause I been beatin the streets of Seattle all day, on the search for a residence, hittin that Dick's, that Ezell's like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IJnuXQM41Dk

Yeah son, back in Buffalo now, but I'll be back in a month, this time for good. Breathin Northwest air has me feelin spunky. I may just man up DA HAWKZ for the whole mayhem affair. Bring your Cards. Manyo bring your Orange Wieners. Dave Krieg and the boys just gonna climb the ladder like Jeff Chadwick climbin up in the air over the d to haul in sick grabs. BRING EM ALL ON.

Edited by DT.

1 hour ago, DT. said:

Ha. I ain't duckin and runnin. You haven't heard from me cause I been beatin the streets of Seattle all day, on the search for a residence, hittin that Dick's, that Ezell's like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IJnuXQM41Dk

Yeah son, back in Buffalo now, but I'll back in a month, this time for good. Breathin Northwest air has me feelin spunky. I may just man up DA HAWKZ for the whole mayhem affair. Bring your Cards. Manyo bring your Orange Wieners. Dave Krieg and the boys just gonna climb the ladder like Jeff Chadwick climbin up in the air over the d to haul in sick grabs. BRING EM ALL ON.

Funny cuz I got house to myself this weekend. Last night, first meal... Ezells. 

Got a test today up in Northgate, then of course I gots my cash ready to hit up the U District  Dick's. 

1 hour ago, RetroNathan said:

The Pacific NW bunch is pretty entertaining, nothing but trash talking. Not my cup o' tea, but amusing to watch nonetheless. 

We got a lot more than trash talking....course we got plenty of trash talking to go around, but we got plenty more. Honestly the #camaraderie levels are spiked up too. The dojo is also one of the best venues to battle.

11 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

You know I ain't runnin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you're running with JJ or just runnin yer mouth...

I miss the tbk tecmo soundtrack. It is almost the thing I look forward to the most, just behind the battlin that is

Nothin much better than wrappin your lips around some big juicy Dick's. Amiright fellas??? Also big shout out to Ivar's. Acres and acres of clams.

Yeah Kamp, keepin it on the food tip, the talk is a tasty appetizer, but not as delicious as the main course that is the BATTLES.

Rufus Porter son.

47 minutes ago, kamphuna8 said:

We got a lot more than trash talking....course we got plenty of trash talking to go around, but we got plenty more. Honestly the #camaraderie levels are spiked up too. The dojo is also one of the best venues to battle.

No doubt. I'm sure it builds the brotherhood and talent levels tremendously. Iron sharpens iron.

• DFM changed the title to Centralia, WA - 07/02/16 - The Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship 5 (PNWTC5)

Iron sharpens iron???.........the only thing that's gonna be sharp is the pain in the eyes of my opponents after they get blinded by the diamonds in my gold rings!!! ...but it's hard to look away,..my tap and thumb speed has often been compared to the wing speed of a South African Golden Crested hummingbird.

8 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

Iron sharpens iron???.........the only thing that's gonna be sharp is the pain in the eyes of my opponents after they get blinded by the diamonds in my gold rings!!! ...but it's hard to look away,..my tap and thumb speed has often been compared to the wing speed of a South African Golden Crested hummingbird.

Is this the finest piece of trash talk from TBK? 

• 2 weeks later...

THREE WEEKS!

Regular Season, Round 1: "A Tecmo Xmas (In July)"

For ROUND 1 of the Regular Season, it's gonna be a toss-up tribute/salutation to the Tecmo Gods: I will skip full regular seasons on all of the game carts before play starts (I will set aside a few for preseason action tho)..... you and your opponent will then roll the die and the high# calls the matchup, the other guy selects team or controller (Madison rules, essentially)..... then you guys will randomly select a game cart, and play your game, with conditions/injuries intact, etc.

It will be like Christmas when you open up your team roster for the first time to check your conditions..... only question is whether the Gods think you've been naughty or nice!

Edited by manYo

1 hour ago, manyo360 said:

It will be like Christmas when you open up your team roster for the first time to check your conditions..... only question is whether the Gods think you've been naughty or nice!

Don't forget about injuries

injuries.png

better prep up the n00bs on the car ride if yr bringing any, cuz Round 2 be rollin' DEEP in the tecmo strategy! check it....

Regular Season, Round 2: "A Tecmo 4th of July (on the 2nd)"

Should be an early fireworks show for us here in Round 2...... cuz yep, you got it, jack: we playing the PRO BOWL, y'all!  With a few special twists.....

R2 Pre-Game Procedure:

• players roll die... high# selects either their conference-team or controller of choice.... low# picks whatever's leftover...... (also, let's not forget to reset the seasons from Round 1!)
  • P1 may then make up to 4 roster transactions using the "Change Players" menu option... a "transaction" being defined as and limited to: substituting one player for another not already on the pro bowl roster, OR switching the alignment of two players on your roster (only applying to OL or DEF since you should change the alignment of other offensive starters the usual way in the "OF Starters" menu, if you want to... NOTE: the Pro Bowl rosters on the cartridge limits alignments so that C's can only play C, G's can only play G, T's only play T, CB's only play CB, and S's only play S)....... once P1 is done with their transactions, P2 does the same for their roster
  • Then, starting with P1, each player may use the "Change Players" menu to switch out up to 2 of their opponent's players for any other player in that conference..... which should be a lot of fun!
  • Thereafter, the game is played with no other restrictions than the standard game rules..... players may change their playbooks, re-align their offensive starters, etc.

sun_fw.jpg

Get ready to storm the beaches and play some tuff-azz DEFENSE here in Round 3, yo....... cuz it's about to get FUBAR!

Regular Season, Round 3: "A Tecmo D-Day"

Players roll die, then select matchup/teams/controller "Madison-style."  The twist in this round is that players may ONLY play man-defense with..... any DL in Quarter 1..... any LB in Quarter 2..... any DB in Quarter 3...... and in the 4th Quarter, it is OPEN to anyone you want on D.

R3 Strategy Tip: Best think about what you gonna do on that coin flip, son!

8 hours ago, manyo360 said:

THREE WEEKS!

Regular Season, Round 1: "A Tecmo Xmas (In July)"

For ROUND 1 of the Regular Season, it's gonna be a toss-up tribute/salutation to the Tecmo Gods: I will skip full regular seasons on all of the game carts before play starts (I will set aside a few for preseason action tho)..... you and your opponent will then roll the die and the high# calls the matchup, the other guy selects team or controller (Madison rules, essentially)..... then you guys will randomly select a game cart, and play your game, with conditions/injuries intact, etc.

So we will be choosing blind?

If you want that "W" in Round 4, then strap on yr hard hat and get ready to DO WORK, my man, cuz ya gonna have to EARN IT with this matchup! 

Regular Season, Round 4: "A Tecmo Labor Day"

One thing about many of us in the PNW scene is we aint afraid of that tecmo GRIND, so it's no surprise why this gritty matchup has become such a player favorite the past few years...... talking, of course, about ~NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS~ vs. ~SEATTLE SEAHAWKS~!  Nothing special here other than a good old fashioned slobberknocker supreme, over/under 17.5 total points per game type of sluGGfest...... mmmmm, can't wait!

Players roll die, high# selects NE or SEA or controller-side.

"Ahhhhhh yeah, here it comes...... what's it gonna be this time, MOFO: is you trickin', or is you... TREATIN' me, haha!?!  Ahhh..... SHIT GODAMN, it's a TRICK!!!!  Get back, get back, GET BACK.....!!! ..... Fuck me."  /giGGles

Regular Season, Round 5: "A Tecmo Halloween"

Hell yeahs, FLEA FLICKER round!  Everybody must put at least one flea flicker play into their playbook, and must run a flea flicker play at least ONE TIME in the game..... or else suffer the automatic LOSS!  Outside of that, Matchup/Teams/Controller selection = Madison-Style.