4-3 defense for NES Tecmo Super Bowl?

SBlueman

I was just jesting but it really irritates me when people use that phrase: " the way it was meant to be played" when every hack out there is not the way it was meant to be played.

jstout has a lot of knowledge about tecmo that he's never posted so hopefully he posts about the 4-3 stuff.

Oh hey, didn't realize people were actually waiting around for me. Actually, I was writing a program today to help figure the stuff out better but the output is extremely messy and like trying to read a different language (think similar to Konforces' playbook editor). I'm still checking over to make sure I didn't goof anything.

Here is just an example of one player during one play:

LCB B644:SetPosFromMid(C0 28 ); 2pt; 27-JumpTo B657:F4-Pause(14); D8-MoveAbsolute(2C C0); MoveRelative(00 90); MoveRelative(00 C0); JumpTo BDFC:04-m2mWR2(00); LoopBack FE// 29-JumpTo B5DF:C8-Move(51 B9 03); D8-MoveAbsolute(10 E8 ); D8-MoveAbsolute(00 08 ); F5-Pause(5A C8 ); JumpTo AABC:FC(FF E0); DD-PassRush; LoopBack FC// D8-MoveAbsolute(28 00); D8-MoveAbsolute(28 28 ); JumpTo BDF4:02-m2mFB(00); LoopBack FE//

bruddog, I think you may be one of the few people that might actually have no problem going through that. Anyone have any ideas on cleaning it up some for some general public knowledge or so others can work on defensive editing?

• 2 years later...

I played a NES Tecmo Super Bowl Rom that had a 4-3 defense. I thought it was cool but all four players were crammed on the line, is there anyone who knows who put together that 4-3 Rom cause it was sweet but I would like to have the same 4-3 alignment from the 1st Tecmo Bowl where the two ends are butted close together and there is an open space in front of the middle linebacker.

-The Tecmo Junkie

• 2 months later...
Oh hey, didn't realize people were actually waiting around for me. Actually, I was writing a program today to help figure the stuff out better but the output is extremely messy and like trying to read a different language (think similar to Konforces' playbook editor). I'm still checking over to make sure I didn't goof anything.

Here is just an example of one player during one play:

LCB B644:SetPosFromMid(C0 28 ); 2pt; 27-JumpTo B657:F4-Pause(14); D8-MoveAbsolute(2C C0); MoveRelative(00 90); MoveRelative(00 C0); JumpTo BDFC:04-m2mWR2(00); LoopBack FE// 29-JumpTo B5DF:C8-Move(51 B9 03); D8-MoveAbsolute(10 E8 ); D8-MoveAbsolute(00 08 ); F5-Pause(5A C8 ); JumpTo AABC:FC(FF E0); DD-PassRush; LoopBack FC// D8-MoveAbsolute(28 00); D8-MoveAbsolute(28 28 ); JumpTo BDF4:02-m2mFB(00); LoopBack FE//

bruddog, I think you may be one of the few people that might actually have no problem going through that. Anyone have any ideas on cleaning it up some for some general public knowledge or so others can work on defensive editing?

SetPosFromMid(C0 28 );