Quickness?

Back to the age old issue of quickness. I have a theory, and its probably wrong. The fact that quickness never had its own scale table/list in the ROM has always puzzled me, so I thought maybe , just maybe it never used its "own" table? Could quickness not have been a defensive form of RP or MS? Using one of their lookup tables? So on defense the defender would use quickness and the moment a fumble and pick up occurred , the defender would switch over to using RP/MP? I would probably say it was defender RP, but, I would leave that to the smarter people on the forum.

Now, moving on to my question....

How would I LDA,LDX or LDY the quickness of a player?(hex preferably). What is its RAM pointer?

Sorry to burst your bubble but quickness 100% does not do anything on the original rom. 

You'd need to do this when you know for sure the player is a defender to load the quickness value. 

LDY #$08                            ; LOAD  POSITION ID

LDA ($AE),Y                         ;

JSR $DD8D                          ; GET ACTUAL PLAYER AND TEAM(A=POSITION ID) RET X=TEAM A= ACTUAL PLAYER

LDY #$87                            ; LOAD QUICKNESS SKILL INDEX

JSR $DDAA                          ; GET SKILL RATING(Y=SKILL TO GET)

I miss-spoke, I should rather have said, that, I think that is what it was originally meant for. Not, that that is what it eventually was used for. But, thanks a TON for the help. I'm slowly starting to understand the ASM/hex hacking thing. Currently trying out an idea. Got a long way to go. But, you've helped me greatly.