Best Tecmo Super Bowl teams

sony12

Have to start off by saying it is great to find a forum that focuses on this game. My friends and I would play this game constantly during the early 

90's. 

Anyways as I recall almost every season I played it usually ended up being the 49ers, or Giants, (on rare occasions the Bears) coming out of the NFC and the Bills or Oilers coming out of the AFC. What were some of the other teams that stood out in the AFC aside from the Bills and Oilers? I remember the Dolphins were ok but seldom won their division because of the Bills. 

6 hours ago, sony12 said:

Have to start off by saying it is great to find a forum that focuses on this game. My friends and I would play this game constantly during the early 

90's. 

Anyways as I recall almost every season I played it usually ended up being the 49ers, or Giants, (on rare occasions the Bears) coming out of the NFC and the Bills or Oilers coming out of the AFC. What were some of the other teams that stood out in the AFC aside from the Bills and Oilers? I remember the Dolphins were ok but seldom won their division because of the Bills. 

Raiders and K.C. w/are dangerous:  especially when jamie mueller was lost spelunking in some rare ninja-cave, and couldn't help the Bills get on track.

5 hours ago, Bolt said:

Raiders and K.C. w/are dangerous:  especially when jamie mueller was lost spelunking in some rare ninja-cave, and couldn't help the Bills get on track.

cleveland.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yup. This. CHI. NYG. SF4. BUF. HOU. KCC. And this of course all depends on who you play with. Like, MvM we never had BUF go to the Bowl. Believe it or don't. Sure they were good, but someone was always just a touch better. Same as HOU. MIA pretty good. CIN really good too. They step their game up in the playoffs it seems (well, they did for us - repeated as AFC champs). OAK was alright too. WAS was typically the fourth in the NFC, whilst 5th and 6th seed were always a scrambled bunch of everyone else. I think DET and PHI went twice. Now, this all goes out the window if you let COM run your opponents. BUF? Yeah, they're probably Bowl bound. But damn the NFC has a peanut gallery of opponents in the Bowl. Hell, i saw GB go once. Seriously? They freakin suck!