North Dakota - Burning Mort - The Tecmo Premier Experience

DrFrolf

36 minutes ago, Beef Juice said:

Furiously taking notes

A wise man once said that bringing sacrificial Yukon Jack will win you favor with the conjurer.

On 7/8/2017 at 9:13 AM, davefmurray said:

The Conjurer's Dreamland is a mystical place where sorcery and collide. Only the fattest will endure.

I'm putting on one pound per day in preparation. 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:55 AM, Beef Juice said:

What do you recommend for lodging on Friday night?

Most of the guys stayed at the Radisson downtown last year.  Easiest walking distance from the bars, although Ubers are plentiful and usually cheap if you're looking for something less expensive.

1 hour ago, Leonardite said:

Most of the guys stayed at the Radisson downtown last year.  Easiest walking distance from the bars, although Ubers are plentiful and usually cheap if you're looking for something less expensive.

Yeah I got a cheap hotel booked and have no problem using Lyft.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, DrFrolf said:

Session 4: Mortissus Narcissus

(removes foam Vikings helmet and turns) My name is Maximus Mortissus Narcissus.  Winner of Tecmo VI, runner up in Tecmo VII, and loyal servant to the true emperor, the Conjurer.  Father to a murdered JJ, Husband to a murdered CC, and I will have my tecmo vengeance, in this life or the next.

If anyone needs any survival gear let me know. Unless you're like Lou and are content sleeping in the dirt than I won't worry about you. We'll have a larger sleeping tent set up as well for anyone to use, or if Mort and Lou find someone at the rest stop to bring along. 

Bryce

On 7/7/2017 at 11:09 AM, DrFrolf said:

Game sessions for Burning Mort will be Tribal in nature. These are only the session names. More will be revealed at the Experience. Sessions will consist of the following: 

Session 1: Grand(pa) Conjurer's Old Cough Medicine Men

Session 2: Mort-al Kombat

Session 3: Burning Mort All-Star Samesies

Session 4: Mortissus Narcissus

Session 5: The Island of Dr. Morteau

Session 6: Large Object Under the Tarp Round

Session 7: Im-Mort-ality

Rejected session names:

Mort Knox

The Big Mort

Mortellini

Tim Morton's

Lord Voldemort

He's Not Heavy, He's Mort

Morter of the Phoenix

Law and Morter: Special Victims Unit

Law and Morter: LT Intent

Mortormouth

Mortorhead

Mort Gage

Edited by sonofpatbeach

3 hours ago, sonofpatbeach said:

Rejected session names:

Mort Knox

The Big Mort

Mortellini

Tim Morton's

Lord Voldemort

He's Not Heavy, He's Mort

Morter of the Phoenix

Law and Morter: Special Victims Unit

Law and Morter: LT Intent

Mortormouth

Mortorhead

Mort Gage

I stole one of these for Tecmo XIV. You will be fully credited.

If anyone needs a ride to Burning Mort hit me up. The "MortMobile" will leave Chi Fri Early Am and heads to all.points west ( Madison, Minneapolis) towards Fargo. We drive thru madison where i will def stop to get a case or 2 of spotted cow. I can taste it.now. Ofcourse we will have an Tecmo station hooked up for your pleasure in the Van.......Loser Drives!!!!!

Edited by red98sethuthut

2 hours ago, red98sethuthut said:

If anyone needs a ride to Burning Mort hit me up. The "MortMobile" will leave Chi Fri Early Am and heads to all.points west ( Madison, Minneapolis) towards Fargo. We drive thru madison where i will def stop to get a case or 2 of spotted cow. I can taste it.now. Ofcourse we will have an Tecmo station hooked up for your pleasure in the Van.......Loser Drives!!!!!

Maybe Sega and I will see you on the road up there. We'll be easy to spot as I'll be on the top of his modified Subaru Outback playing my guitar the whole time.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Dotdon said:

Anyone have any info on I35 by Owatonna on the way up?  I heard its very bad for delays.  I'm considering going 80-29 or 35-90-29 in lieu of 35-94.  Anyone have thoughts/input?

Looks like it's about a nine mile stretch with one lane going each way. Camera on Minnesota's 511 site right now shows pretty light traffic on it so it may just be at certain times. I plan on going up that way.

14 minutes ago, Beef Juice said:

Looks like it's about a nine mile stretch with one lane going each way. Camera on Minnesota's 511 site right now shows pretty light traffic on it so it may just be at certain times. I plan on going up that way.

I've ran right through at 55 mph going up there, and have sit there 45 minutes not moving before.  Its a crap shoot really.  Friday at noon has me a little worried because any delay experience I've had has been on weekend trips.

I have nothing to add on I-35, as I haven't been on the MSP to IA corridor since an FCS team won the Floyd last September (sorry, Dot Don.)

The heat forecast has scaled back from 95 to 88, but it's still looking like a toasty Experience.  We've had virtually no rain in a long time, so expect a sweltering Dreamland.  Pack your Speedos...the Conjurer will make sure you're kept cool.