Mario Kart 8

drake

The kids Wii recently died so we got the WiiU with MK8 preinstalled. I have been playing a bit of online the last week or so. Learning most of the tracks as I go, but getting em down. Starting to string some 1st place wins together...schooling me some teeny boppers. :D

Anyone else playing this one?

I've played it quite a bit with my kids also...  Been a while though.  They moved on to titles like Splatoon and Disney Infinity instead.

It's a great game but doesn't seem quite as engaging long-term as Mario Kart Wii or the old Super Mario Kart.

Really? Huh. I think it's mostly improved on the last go around. I find the controls a little more fluid and of course the graphics are leaps and bounds even above the wii. The online experience is still far from ideal (geared towards kids), but the gaps between logging on and between races is much improved. As far as I know, no one's learned to hack this one yet like they hacked the wii online races.

• 8 months later...