WHEN: Saturday, June 24th, 2017
Registration - 10:00am Opening Festivities - 11:00am
WHERE: Grandad's Pizza and Pub 4093 Trueman Blvd Hilliard, OH 43026
ENTRY FEE: $20 via PayPal or at the door
HOW TO ENTER: Email firstname.lastname@example.org\
Like and Share the Facebook Group Page!
Paid Participants (32 max):
1. Kevin C. (KevinCabarello) - Columbus, OH 7 TVs, 4 NES, 4 TSB Carts
2. Phil C. - Columbus, OH
3. Kyle K.- Westerville, OH 1 TV
4. Ryan M. (UltimateWeapon) - N. Ridgeville, OH
5. Matt D. (Ol Dirty Tecmo) - Lebanon, OH
6. James P. (JimSocks13) - Oak Hill, OH 1 TV, 1 NES, 1 TSB Cart
7. Jordan W. (Woodshed) - Jackson, OH
8. Kyle M. - Columbus, OH
9. Louis B. (red98sethutht) - Cheekatwaga, NY 1 NES, 1 TSB Cart
10. Travis S. - Columbus, OH
11. Adam H. - Hilliard, OH
12. Zach T. - Powell, OH
13. David R. - Chillicothe, OH
14. Ryan S. (ryan11p) - Hobart, IN
15. Jamie I. - Chillicothe, OH
16. Francis B. (mort) - Maywood, IL 1 TV, 1 TSB Cart
17. Matt J. - Fostoria, OH
18. Eric K. - Lima, OH
19. Greg V.B. - Dayton, OH
20. Jeff L. - Columbus, OH
21. Larry G. - Columbus, OH
TOURNAMENT FORMAT (tentative):
First phase: Four, eight-man double-elimination brackets will occur. The top two players in each bracket will go to the Gold Bracket. The eight players that lose their first two games will go to the Bronze Bracket. The other 16 players will go to the Silver Bracket, with their placement in the bracket occurring based on when their second loss happens during the tournament.
Gold Bracket: The eight players that make it out of the first phase will be placed in another eight-man, double-elimination bracket with prizes going to the top four players.
Silver Bracket: The 16 players that do not either finish in the top two places in their bracket, or do not lose their first two games in their bracket, will go to the Silver Bracket. This will be a single-elimination tournament, with prizes going to the top two players.
Bronze Bracket: The eight players that lose their first two matches will be placed in the Bronze Bracket. This will be a single-elimination tournament with the winner receiving prizes.
1st - $300
2nd - $150
3rd - $75
4th - $50
Silver Champion - $75
Silver Runner-up - $25
Bronze Champion - $25
In the afternoon, there will be a raffle drawing for various NFL, Tecmo, and Video game-related prizes available. Prices for the raffle tickets and the prizes available will be made available soon. 100% of the raffle prize money will be allocated towards the tournament winnings.
1. Team Selection & Coin Toss: A manual coin-flip will precede each game. The coin-flip winner will choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams). The coin-flip loser then selects either (a) one of the two teams or (b) his preferred controller. If the coin-flip loser selects his preferred controller, the coin-flip winner selects a team first.
2. “One Matchup Once” Rule: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Cardinals-Falcons, Player A cannot call that exact matchup for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that matchup later in the tournament.
3. Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes: Customizing playbooks is permissible. You can access your “change” screen (screen where you check player conditions and make substitutions) only twice per half. This helps speed up the games.
4. WR/TE at RB: A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse.
5. No Ties/Overtime: No game can end in a tie. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. If no one scores in the first OT, a new game will begin and the first competitor to score will be declared the winner. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in each OT period, the kicking team in the first OT will be the receiving team in the new game (i.e. the second OT).
6. Lurching: Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL, you must either go outside the offensive tackle or “popcorn” someone on the offensive line. Note that this rule does not apply to LBs.
7. Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
8. Take care of the bar staff!
Tupa Bowl I: 1st - Matt Miller 2nd - Ryan Stewart
Tupa Bowl II: 1st - Matt Miller 2nd - Francis Buennagel Silver Winner - Chris Hendershot Bronze Winner - Roger DeVore
A friend sent this tournament to me. It is the original Tecmo Bowl so I probably won't be attending but thought I'd share.
Nice prizes for the winner (32" Smart TV & NES Classic). You can read about it/sign up here:
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.