Columbus, OH - 05/14/16 - Tecmo Columbus: Tupa Bowl II

kevincabarello

For the out-of-towners, there's several hotels less than a mile from the tournament site:

Hilliard Suites - 3831 Park Mill Run Dr. Hilliard OH 43026 - about $95/night
Knights Inn  - 3950 Parkway Lane Hilliard OH 43026 - about $55/night

Homeward Suites Columbus-Hilliard - 3841 Park Mill Run Drive Hilliard OH 43026 - about $125/night

PRE-TOURNAMENT PLAYERS' PARTY
Friday May 13th - 6pm-11pm
Grandad's Pizza and Pub 4093 Trueman Blvd Hilliard, OH 43026
           We'll be getting some practice games in while we slam a few beers. You can also drop off any and all of your equipment that you are bringing.

Great tournament. Kevin, you the man but you already know. 

16-bit Bar, Columbus, Ohio. A destination... Good times. If this was my last Tecmo road trip, it was a fun-ass run! Shout out to the Mighty Midwest!

and if you are ever in Mantua, OH or anywhere close, be sure to hit up Italian Garden. Tecmo Ninja aka the Pizza King.

To the tune of Get Low-Lil Jon & the Eastside Boys. Run Bo-Imagine Grogans. 

Big thank you to Kevin for running the show, great tourney and excellent venue. Good to see all you guys. There's no better group of people than the Tecmo crowd. I made a good run. Got beat by Mort in group play in OT. Tupa to Roy Green connection was too much for me in the end. Got some redemption on Buegard in the Sweet 16 who put me out of the winners bracket in last years tourney. I came back from a 10-0 halftime deficit to win 14-10 SD over Den. Played my buddy Jimsocks in the elite 8. He picks Pit vs Dal bc I absolutely hate both teams. He won a barn burner 9-3. Had a chance for a bomb at the end that got picked off in the end zone. Played Diaz in the losers bracket. Lost in a sneaky TB-Cin matchup. I was down 7 in the 4th and threw a pick to Wayne and he put it away and won by 14. Lots of great games afterward. Jimsocks vs Louis was an instaclassic. Congrats to Matt Miller on the repeat. Don't really remember much from 16bit bar other than playing some baseball with Lou and being so drunk I tried to get something out of the vending machine and picked a slot with nothing in it. Made it back to the hotel and shit in Jimsocks shoes for beating me earlier and called it a night. Jk. Thanks again Kevin. Keep putting this thing on and we'll keep coming up with Tecmo parodies. Already looking forward to next year. 

Edited by Woodshed

Kev did an amazing job of putting this thing together. It ran smooth and Kevin killed it by running the whole show pretty much by himself while playing in the tourney as well. Granddads Pizza was a great host as well. 

I felt this tournament was tight knit, meaning that I really got to know a small group of guys. All of them being 100% awesome, DT in particular. That guy made me laugh so many times throughout the day. I hate that he is heading back west but hope to see him again soon. Mort and Louis are a great time to play Tecmo with but probably a better time to go out with after. I feel that I owe Louis more than the 3 Spotted Cows I gave him as guilt pay for winning two games that I shouldn't have. I guess the serenading we did pre-tournament swooned the Tecmo Gods in my favor. Diaz.....well if anyone has met Diaz you already know, and if you haven't you're missing out. His wife was also incredibly cool with just hanging out all day and mingling with us Tecmo dudes. Matt Miller I've talked to a good bit at other tourneys and always very gracious. I agree that he needs some beer penalty imposed every tournament! JK the guy is darn good.

I think I went 9-2 overall but won't break it all down. I lost to Mort 24-21 in semi-finals and Matt got me 17-3 in tournament play after i beat him in a pickup the first game of the day. Should have saved the Pittsburg matchup for our game. I think about 4 of my wins came from Pittsburg.

Some of the pictures are of the amazing door prizes, Mort winning the most passing yards with Tupa, SNES shenanigans at 16 bit, and all the final 8 guys. If I missed something or someone, I apologize. After 10:00 it all became a brown out.

IMG_7962.JPG

IMG_7963.JPG

IMG_7978.JPG

IMG_7988.JPG

IMG_7999.JPG

Edited by JimSocks13

• DFM unpinned this topic