Sign in to follow this  
Bolt

Favorite City/Town Names

Paint Rock - Alabama

Soddy Daisy - Tennessee

Banks - Oregon (AKA the saddest-looking town in the Pacific Northwest)

And another one from Alabama: 

The town of Town Creek. 

Edited by PockyCandy

On 2/15/2016 at 1:20 PM, PockyCandy said:

Paint Rock - Alabama

Soddy Daisy - Tennessee

Banks - Oregon (AKA the saddest-looking town in the Pacific Northwest)

And another one from Alabama: 

The town of Town Creek. 

The Northwest has a ton of sad-looking, depressed towns that had a minor boon in the prime logging years. Have you ever driven through Aberdeen, the town Kurt Cobain grew-up in? Holy shit. And people wonder why he was out of his f*cking mind; just go to Aberdeen. I don't mean this to sound judgmental; when I hear stories of people who have lived in towns like Aberdeen their whole lives (and that happens way more than people think), it creates a pit in my stomach. Holy mother of God, I cannot imagine it.

5 minutes ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

The Northwest has a ton of sad-looking, depressed towns that had a minor boon in the prime logging years. Have you ever driven through Aberdeen, the town Kurt Cobain grew-up in? Holy shit. And people wonder why he was out of his f*cking mind; just go to Aberdeen.

I doubt Aberdeen cracks the top 10, in all honesty. It is bad though.

aberdeen has it's own foGGy flavor, but it's a relatively "big city" in our area and therefore not nearly as "depressing" as some of the smaller towns in southwest WA..... i mean there are dirt roads leading off dirt roads leading off dirt roads, and just gutpunch misery strewn haphazardly along the way and you just KNOW at a glance the kids aint gotta chance in hell at surviving this place, man I could tell some dark stories........

my favorite place name in my area is Kosmos, an old logging town now under Riffe Lake after some dams were placed on the Cowlitz River......... some summers if a drought hits hard, the lake level goes down and parts of old Kosmos rise up out of the deep.

17 hours ago, Maynard_G_Krebs said:

The Northwest has a ton of sad-looking, depressed towns that had a minor boon in the prime logging years. Have you ever driven through Aberdeen, the town Kurt Cobain grew-up in? Holy shit. And people wonder why he was out of his f*cking mind; just go to Aberdeen. I don't mean this to sound judgmental; when I hear stories of people who have lived in towns like Aberdeen their whole lives (and that happens way more than people think), it creates a pit in my stomach. Holy mother of God, I cannot imagine it.

I live in a small town in the south, and I know people who have lived there for their entire lives. It's only been 3 years for me and I'm already ready to leave the place.

The small backwoods towns in the south are depressing, but in their own terrifying, redneck sort of way. 

Tahlequah

Susqahanna

- especially since pennsylvania has 4 of these ("Townships"...thanks, wickers) in the one state

Tuscaloosa

7 hours ago, Bolt said:

Tahlequah

Susqahanna

- especially since pennsylvania has 4 of these ("Townships"...thanks, wickers) in the one state

Tuscaloosa

A classmate told me that Tuscaloosa is a horrible place to live. Supposedly, at school, they teach the children that Auburn is the worst place in the world. And that they do say Roll Tide to each other like you and me say hello and goodbye.