Balanced Matchups

Remix2Ignition

Hi,

I am setting up a tournament with some friends and want to create the team matchups before hand to be balanced and use each team at least once.  I have seen other posts, that have given me a good starting point, but they repeat using teams.  Here is what we have come up with:

1 – San Francisco 49ers vs. Buffalo Bills

2 – Houston Oilers vs. New York Giants

3 – Los Angeles Raiders vs. Miami Dolphins

4 – Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Chicago Bears

5 – Washington Redskins vs. Dallas Cowboys

6 – Philadelphia Eagles vs. Kansas City Chiefs

7 – Minnesota Vikings vs. San Diego Chargers

8 – Detroit Lions vs. Cincinnati Bengals

9 – Atlanta Falcons vs. Denver Broncos

10 – Los Angeles Rams vs. New Orleans Saints

11 – New York Jets vs. Phoenix Cardinals

12 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Cleveland Browns

13 – Green Bay Packers vs. New England Patriots

14 – Seattle Seahawks vs. Indianapolis Colts

Are there any matchups that are grossly unbalanced?  If so, where could swaps be made?  Thanks in advance.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Only a couple stand out as unbalanced--Steelers/Bears--Bears is the pick every time here, that one should be removed.  Rams v. Saints is the other one.  Rams are far superior.  There are also 2 very iffy ones:  Bucs v. Browns and Falcons v. Broncos.  Bucs and Broncos are better teams when playing MAN v. MAN. 

Search the forum for Mort's Tecmo 1 on 1, he lists a lot of matchups.  There's also a thread on "Which team would you pick" that is good.

On 2/10/2016 at 2:14 PM, Dotdon said:

Only a couple stand out as unbalanced--Steelers/Bears--Bears is the pick every time here, that one should be removed.  Rams v. Saints is the other one.  Rams are far superior.  There are also 2 very iffy ones:  Bucs v. Browns and Falcons v. Broncos.  Bucs and Broncos are better teams when playing MAN v. MAN. 

Search the forum for Mort's Tecmo 1 on 1, he lists a lot of matchups.  There's also a thread on "Which team would you pick" that is good.

ATL-DEN is closer than you realize. DEN has no answer on D for rison. Although I do agree, that DEN still is the better overall team.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2016 at 2:14 PM, Remix2Ignition said:

Hi,

I am setting up a tournament with some friends and want to create the team matchups before hand to be balanced and use each team at least once.  I have seen other posts, that have given me a good starting point, but they repeat using teams.  Here is what we have come up with:

1 – San Francisco 49ers vs. Buffalo Bills

2 – Houston Oilers vs. New York Giants

3 – Los Angeles Raiders vs. Miami Dolphins

4 – Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Chicago Bears

5 – Washington Redskins vs. Dallas Cowboys

6 – Philadelphia Eagles vs. Kansas City Chiefs

7 – Minnesota Vikings vs. San Diego Chargers

8 – Detroit Lions vs. Cincinnati Bengals

9 – Atlanta Falcons vs. Denver Broncos

10 – Los Angeles Rams vs. New Orleans Saints

11 – New York Jets vs. Phoenix Cardinals

12 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Cleveland Browns

13 – Green Bay Packers vs. New England Patriots

14 – Seattle Seahawks vs. Indianapolis Colts

Are there any matchups that are grossly unbalanced?  If so, where could swaps be made?  Thanks in advance.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Should be SF vs HOU and BUF vs GIA. That's the two best passing teams against each other and two great running teams against each other.

RAI vs CHI because RAI are way better than MIA and CHI is way better than PIT. 

Then put WAS vs MIA because WAS is way better than DAL, and put DAL vs PIT.

6, 7, and 8 are pretty good.

RAMS are better than ATL and ATL is better than NO, so I guess ATL vs NO instead of RAMS vs NO, though that's still a mismatch. 

DEN vs RAMS. Coconuts said DEN has no answer to Rison, and they certainly have no answer to Flipper and Ellard. But the RAMS have no defense, either. A high scoring matchup, but still pretty even.

JETS vs TB because JETS are way better than PHX and TB is way better than CLE.

Then PHX vs GB, CLE vs SEA (QB Browns vs Krieg), and NE vs IND. Though these last 6 are all pretty close so it doesn't matter that much, and NO is just as bad.  

You'd also be better off having people pick their own matchups. One person picks the matchup and the other picks which team they want, that way the person picking the matchup will try to make it as even as possible.

Edited by BO FB Offtackle Left