Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TSBGOD

TAP TESTER HACK

165 posts in this topic

Taps can be missed online. People can be using different controllers online. Would need to know what the taps were when ryan lost. Did manyo outtap him 11-10 because ryan started late or because taps were missed. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan11p said:

Kamp im sure there are several but who needs that we will both be at madison, we can solve the problem there

If someone improves their tapping speed after Madison how are they supposed to PROVE  they have improved? Just playing devil's advocate here. I mean you improved correct. 

Just now, bruddog said:

Taps can be missed online. People can be using different controllers online. Would need to know what the taps were when ryan lost. Did manyo outtap him 11-10 because ryan started late or because taps were missed. 

Different controllers can be used as well live. I mean if they bring the controller they use at home and just do it on a computer using emulator and rom. I am sure Ryan would not mind doing that live either if controller will be an excuse.

Off topic, how do i get a top of the line NES controller to play online? I have to try this out and see if tapping is better on the real NES controller.

2 minutes ago, bruddog said:

If someone improves their tapping speed after Madison how are they supposed to PROVE  they have improved? Just playing devil's advocate here. I mean you improved correct. 

That is why Ryan want shim to prove it at Madison if he really has improved now it will show live now right?

Every NES controller willl be different depending on how loose/stiff the buttons are...and how you tap and what your deadzone settings are in nestopia.

Personally my ps2 controller i could tap lightning fast with my slide method due to the way the buttons are and not worry about diving since i could map the b button to one out of the way. 

I'm gonna chime in here for once - Alluding to what Brud said, there are many ways of variation in tapping. Who's to say someone got amped up for one and beat someone they normally lose to? Or just improved their tapping over time? And on the other side of the coin, who's to say someone's not using a pencil, or putting a ring on their finger and sliding back and forth, or Neerrm's magic wand, or something to that effect? Not technically turbo, but definitely cheating. All I'm saying is this is fucking ridiculous. We had a turbo scandal in HSTL, you'd think people learned from that. We as a community need players, but not cheaters. We need to nip that in the bud immediately. False accusations also will be enough to drive people away. We're walking a fine line here, but pretty fucking childish that people would even think to have the idea to cheat. (Not accusing anyone, just speaking as thoughts come in.)

1 minute ago, bruddog said:

Every NES controller willl be different depending on how loose/stiff the buttons are...and how you tap and what your deadzone settings are in nestopia.

Personally my ps2 controller i could tap lightning fast with my slide method due to the way the buttons are and not worry about diving since i could map the b button to one out of the way. 

Yeah true. I like my controller, just want to try the NES one to see if i am bette ron that. Where do I buy one?

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I'm gonna chime in here for once - Alluding to what Brud said, there are many ways of variation in tapping. Who's to say someone got amped up for one and beat someone they normally lose to? Or just improved their tapping over time? And on the other side of the coin, who's to say someone's not using a pencil, or putting a ring on their finger and sliding back and forth, or Neerrm's magic wand, or something to that effect? Not technically turbo, but definitely cheating. All I'm saying is this is fucking ridiculous. We had a turbo scandal in HSTL, you'd think people learned from that. We as a community need players, but not cheaters. We need to nip that in the bud immediately. False accusations also will be enough to drive people away. We're walking a fine line here, but pretty fucking childish that people would even think to have the idea to cheat. (Not accusing anyone, just speaking as thoughts come in.)

Perfect post. agree 100%

1 minute ago, bruddog said:

you could get this controller which is a refurbished OG controller converted to USB

http://www.infiniteneslives.com/products.php

Or this if you have plenty of controllers

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=28

I ordered one one time and it was like a hollow controller, it was terrible. Hope these are legit.

I did improve and it took a complete change in the way I hold the controller, I had to pretty much relearn how to play, and it took over 2 years just to get where I am, so its a.slap in the face when a guy cheats. I worked to be a good tapper and have proven it and showed it live

If there is no ? Here manyo shouldnt have a.problem with showing his tapping ability live vs me at madison

7 minutes ago, TSBGOD said:

I ordered one one time and it was like a hollow controller, it was terrible. Hope these are legit.

Go infiniteneslives. Screw retrolink.

4 minutes ago, Ryan11p said:

I did improve and it took a complete change in the way I hold the controller, I had to pretty much relearn how to play, and it took over 2 years just to get where I am, so its a.slap in the face when a guy cheats. I worked to be a good tapper and have proven it and showed it live

I agree 100%. But, here's the way I look at it - if I got all bent out of shape every time I lost a grapple to someone(and happens to me a lot recently), I'd be bald right now from ripping my hair out. (Well, even balder than my receding hairline shows haha) If someone has to cheat to win online(and no offense to anyone, but I include condition checkers in that boat too, not that it's cheating, but it's an extra program that lets you see stuff you wouldn't normally get live), go for it. Whatever makes you sleep at night. It's not going to help you when you're sitting next to someone and can't rely on that shit. But sometimes you just gotta give people the benefit of the doubt. I've played Manyo a ton of times live - we're staying in the same hotel in Madtown for three years now FFS. He's not a slow tapper when he tries. 

14 minutes ago, TSBGOD said:

The controllers in the link brud provided are the best.  I ordered it about a year ago and still going strong.  Not hollow.

Toolie is commish so it's his call I'm just around to help.  I'm obviously for it but it's such a polarizing subject I expect numerous accusations and threads filled with arguments.  I got sick of it in the thunderdome room on discord and expect it to amplify in league play.  I would vote yes but I understand the ramifications that come along with it.  But it's something that should help deter it so that's good.

And yeah everything coco said

13 minutes ago, Ryan11p said:

If there is no ? Here manyo shouldnt have a.problem with showing his tapping ability live vs me at madison

I think he just might be looking forward to it. Thus the rdleifriafian popcorn

This was as good as Saturday cartoons as a kid.  All I know is that Bruddog has improved online Tecmo every year I have been involved. The tap meter rom does nothing to alter the gameplay.  The number by the name is not distracting.  If people don't like playing with it in leagues then there is a red flag.

Coco is right. People can use a pencil or a ring and not "turbo", but that's cheating as well.  If you wouldn't be allowed to do it in person then you shouldn't be doing it online.

There may be new blood who's joining  (you've lost some great ones as well), but if make these measures the default or the norm you are not calling any new good tappers out.

For the record, against COM I am a consistent 14-15 and with a strong Internet connection I am a 13-14. With a shitty connection I am 11-13.  In a complete wide open isolationist never have a consistent range of 6-15.  That's absurd.

Use the tap meter.  Have some integrity.  Play some Tecmo.

GG

I just found out Manyo's name was "Joseph." I always thought it was gonna be like a tribal name, or something ....like Geronimo Manyo, or something.

Edited by 3Scene O1f Carnage3

I'm all for more information.  The tap meter is an awesome addition.  Despite the fact I've only seen myself hit 9 on it, it's fun to see where you stand, and if it stops people form thinking about using turbo, then that's just another positive.

Anyway, im for it.

1 hour ago, Ryan11p said:

Everyone jumps on ppl and gain up and all they say is evidence and proof, but from my perspective what more possible proof could you have? Like with manyo online outtaps me, carnage and diaz among others but live doesnt tap at that level. Thats pretty clear

1 hour ago, kamphuna8 said:

Who? 

I didn't see the above post when I posted this question. Sorry, typing/fumbling on this Kindle with it's most assenine auto feature slows things up.

1 hour ago, Ryan11p said:

From my understanding D.T. won the pnw and was among the best tappers there, D.T. is a personal friend and again tapping is not one of his strengths but yet he goes out to the pnw and beats all those guys, but online those same guys outtap guys I know can tap its simple dt being a strong tapper at the pnw guys says to me that in reality some of those guys are ? I know DT is legit and isnt a great tapper

DT didn't play everybody there, although I'm sure he played grip who I consider a monster among the pnw crew tapping wise. Tbk and Vader I'm not sure he played(Vader had an off day, but is a fairly strong tapper)and tbk would really benefit from trying to pass but is one of the better tappers in our field. Also, if you were there, you would have recognized that Manyo spent the end of that tourney passed out on a hammock out back, so he might not have been at his best that day, but that doesn't matter, I could be thinking about the wrong tourney. I too have shown a tendency to get overrefreshed in the 'Trailia #pukenrally

Gl

Still waiting to hear who the "5 people in this league" are who turbo, or is this just TSB GOD blowing smoke?  Back when I turbo'd I said that I thought a lot of other people were doing it.  Besides Bob and Zach, only Derek came out and said he tinkered with it (only to see if others were indeed doing it) and everyone else acted like it was only the "turbo 3."  I think others should man up and admit it, or be exposed if there truly are league members who have been doing it.

well dont stop now, ladies, we're just getting warmed up....... the NSVs are out there, go get em!

@bruddog are you ready to release your program for counting taps or nah?

My whole thing I hate after years' of being a part of the community is what do we need "proof" wise to say "HEY THIS PERSON TURBO'S". Also, if we gathered that proof--will there be a penalty, or not? Because, if we don't have an answer to those two questions then there is no point to even speak about this topic.

My opinion is the best way to see -- is if someone out taps you online all the time and in person they do not. That is the strongest indicator. There is no rebuttal against that It is pretty obvious and I think that is why Ryan wanted to "duel" Manyo to see that (if I am reading everything correctly). Also, I don't even know if Bruddog's video's have caught anyone through NSV, or not. Literally I don't know. I don't pay that much attention to things. I literally read what I need to and schedule and the previews/video's War Machine does. 

RMM- I remember back in the day you accused me when we played HSTL. However, I can tell you to this day I have not done it even once. However, I have suspected certain people over the years. I wil be honest about that. This is because ...I play a guy for a year, or two. And, it is the same excuse/reasoning "I changed my tapping method". While that may be true---I honestly do not know until we play live. So, it is speculation. However, suspecting someone is different than saying "Hey this guy turbo's'". 

With that being said, I absolutely hate reading threads like this, because of the dramatics that stem from it. We are all here to play and be competitive/enjoy ourselves. BUT, we do want it to be fair as well  Because, if people aren't playing at their true ability--then online Tecmo has been based off of lies with league winners and history.  For Example: if Jo blow turbo'd and won the HSTL in season 10...it would be BS, so how can we could weight on that? 

Today I was literally working on a grad school project (important)and I get texts to read this and the HSRL chat on discord (not important) Next thing I know I am two hours in and involved. If people have a dispute--settle it among yourselves, keep it off the board and involve the league commissioner. Settle it responsibly. That is my opinion. Deal with it cleanly. 

Anyway, I have got turned off over the course of years online, because of reading threads like these. I try to literally just play my games and that is it now. I could have done something far better with my time today than reading this stuff like I did today. 

Anyway, lets get back to HSRL and just play.

P.S. Hoffnasty you're cute.