Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hoffnasty9

New Website Feedback

17 posts in this topic

Site is amaze-balls.

I just can't see as much as I could before via my mobile device. It was nice to check box scores via my phone, but I'm not sure I can do that with the new site.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback. Now that the bulk of the work is done, I can spend some time tinkering.

Mobile site has:

Current Season Player and Team Leader Boards

Current Season Standings

Current Season Schedule - with scores (no full box scores though currently)

One can also log in and change their details/roster alignment

For the rest of the goodness, viewing via desktop is recommended. Further mobile features might be possible at a future date.

great site, just one thing bugs me a bit tho....... the AFC/NFC logos are incorrect, at that time they had 3 stars (not 4) to represent the 3 divisions.

4399274066_ac30ceba84_o.png

Though I think aim is going the way of the dodo, easy enough to add @gripsmoke, so all set there.

And yeah, I don't know how I missed that manyo. All set @manyo360 - may need to refresh screen to clear cache/see updated graphics.

Edited by drake

how about an RSS feed with links to game box scores?  if it's too hard to add, forget it..... but in HSRL, it works wonders in keeping me involved with the league at large.

12 hours ago, manyo360 said:

how about an RSS feed with links to game box scores?  if it's too hard to add, forget it..... but in HSRL, it works wonders in keeping me involved with the league at large.

Shouldn't be too big a deal. I will look at it soon. Might just be able to use brooks existing code. Although what would tecmoses think about such new fangled technologies? Shouldn't we be recording these scores in notebooks? ;)

Edited by drake

15 hours ago, drake said:

Shouldn't be too big a deal. I will look at it soon. Might just be able to use brooks existing code. Although what would tecmoses think about such new fangled technologies? Shouldn't we be recording these scores in notebooks? ;)

tecMoses knows that all REAL tecmo stats are recorded in notebooks...... me? i got all kinds of notebooks, from greasy ones full of gods know what the hell i was trying to scribble in there, to pocket sized all-weather notebooks highly organized for living a tecmo life on the road........ these are like the old testaments; but as for the new testament on yr awesome site, i cannot see the "Team Stats Leaders" beyond the top 10, ie I can only pull "10 Records" when I click Full List...... is that a firefox thing, which is what i'm running, or... ?

also, if all it takes for you is to push a few buttons or something to allow exporting of stats as csv or excel, my man that would be an excellent feature!..... thats def more on the wish list side though, no worries  8-)  ~~mahalo~

Edited by manyo360

Maybe the default value should be more than 10, but you can adjust how many records you want to see with the filter at top (screenshot from firefox). My testing group seemed to find this intuitive, but if it's not, I blame them! :D

Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 10.44.51 AM.png

Ok @manyo360 - brooks hooked me up with the RSS code, and it is implemented. Link now at bottom. Let me know if all works as expected. Edit: or not :|

Screen Shot 2016-01-25 at 7.46.59 AM.png

Edited by drake

The login stuff brooks used with a session, not cookies. I agree that would be preferable. Will look into seeing what this change might take.

If I can offer just one criticism, it would be to make rosters more available.  I have found that most times when you click on a team helmet, it does not take you directly to the teams roster pages. IMO it should do so, on every occasion.  

Just need to post and say this website is the greatest thing I have seen since Pamela Anderson pre Hep C