Buffalo, NY - 04/23/16 - Buffalo Bounty IV Run Fight @ The Bo K Corral

• 2 weeks later...

This is my offical entry. As announced on facebook.

100 dollars to the 1st to beat me in tourney play

100 bucks if you eliminate me

100 extra to the winner.  

This should be easy money. I don't have time to practice and i will be worn out driving to buffalo.

See ya all in a couple weeks.

On 4/11/2016 at 1:30 PM, toolie said:

I'm in! Will be trekking across the Great White North with O'Dell to get there. 

Cool. You want in on the food deal (below).???

FOOD UPDATE

I just want to report that Mike, the manager at The Big Tree has offered up a $10 a head pizza, salad, and wing buffet. This is excellent news as the the food at the Big Tree is delicious and robust. The wings, as they are in most self-respecting Buffalo establishments, are renowned. This sounds like something everyone will want to be a part of, but it will not be required. There are plenty of other items on the menu. We'll take a count as we get a little closer to the event.

Hey all.  A couple things-

1) We are moving the Friday Night activities to The Big Tree Inn. We are going to use the time the night before to set up as well, then get some games, some beers, some grub, some bullshit right there. Me and Louis will be there at 6 pm.  4277 Abbott Rd, Orchard Park, NY 14127

2) LAST CHANCE IF YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED UP FOR THE PIZZA/SALAD/WINGS BUFFET.

$10. Lots of food. No brainer, but we are going to be major dicks to you if you did not pay and we see you gettin your munch on.

LET US KNOW BY TONIGHT SO THE CHEFS HAVE AMPLE TIME TO PREPARE. Otherwise you out.

Thats's pretty much it. Be sure to holler at me or Lou if you have any questions. Oh man, this is gonna be some legendary Tecmo times. 

Better have done your homework on the six-pack if you are tryin to defeat me!

How you gonna lift my email and post it as if it was you. That was my boast... Haha

Also, if anyone just now realized they have this Saturday free and are thinking about making the trip, I can verify this will be an ALL TIME CLASSIC Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament.

The competition, the camaraderie, the food, and the drink will be on transcendent levels. The question is- Does anyone have the skill, the stamina, the cunning, and (most crucially) the ability to bounce back from a hangover to defeat ME???

...probably not but it will be fun to try.

14 hours ago, DT. said:

How you gonna lift my email and post it as if it was you. That was my boast... Haha

Also, if anyone just now realized they have this Saturday free and are thinking about making the trip, I can verify this will be an ALL TIME CLASSIC Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament.

The competition, the camaraderie, the food, and the drink will be on transcendent levels. The question is- Does anyone have the skill, the stamina, the cunning, and (most crucially) the ability to bounce back from a hangover to defeat ME???

...probably not but it will be fun to try.

Ken Norton's coming for ya

Alright, after much consultation with Tecmo heads and commune with the Tecmo Gods, a final decision has been made on the playoffs.

There will now be 16 players in the playoffs seeded 1-16. The top seeded player (based on the standings after the six-pack) will have their first choice of team excluding SF, BUF, and NYG. Then the 2 seed on down to 16. You roll with those teams the rest of the way until the Championship which will be a redux of the Redemption Round and Super Bowl XXV, Bills vs Giants. Higher seed will have their choice of team or player 1.

THE FORMAT HAS BEEN DECIDED. SEE YOU BONERS AT BIG TREE.

Me and Lou will be setting up at 6 tonight and hanging out there playin games with all comers til the wee hours.

Rumor has it there is bunch of people from facebook who are supposed to show up last mintute. I wish they would use the provided form or email me. by the way major props to whoever made the ad on facebook. A couple people are on the fence but i did not put the them on list due since they did not confirm it with me.

REGISTERED PLAYERS:

1. Louis B. (Red98sethuthut) Buffalo NY 2 NES SYSTEMS 2 Tv's   ENTRY FEE $25  Bounty Fee $50

2. David T. (DT) Buffalo NY                                                              ENTRY FEE $25  Bounty Fee $50  1 Nes ( 2 dog-bone trollers)                       

3. Jason P. (laztlain) LockPort NY.   1 NES SYSTEM 1 Small TV      ENTRY FEE $25  Bounty Fee $10 

4. Eugene K. West Seneca ny                                                         ENTRY FEE $25  Bounty Fee $5

5. Chris H. ( NinjaTecmo) Mantua Ohio 2 NES Systems 2 Tv's        ENTRY FEE $25  Bounty Fee $10 

6. Tim S . Auburn ny                                                                       ENTRY FEE $25  Bounty Fee $5 ( Prepaid via paypal)
7. Sean F.    Auburn ny                                                                  ENTRY FEE $25  Bounty Fee $5 ( Prepaid via Paypal)
8. Mark C. auburn ny                                                                     ENTRY FEE $25  Bounty Fee $5

9. Paul B. Townanda Ny      1 Nes System 1 Tv                                 ENTRY FEE $25  Bounty Fee $5.               

10. Mark M. Buffalo ny                                                                       Entry fee $25 Bounty Fee $5.                        

11. John G. Rochester Ny                                                          Entry fee $25 Bounty $5                         ( Prepaid via Paypal)                      

12. Kevin C. Columbus ohio                                                  Entry fee $25 Bounty fee $10.  4 tv's 4 Nes systems.                                                          

13.  Tim G. Morgantown Wv 1  Tv 1 Nes cartridge 2 controllers                  Entry fee $25 Bounty fee $5 1 tv 1 nes system.   (  Prepaid via PayPal )

14.  Jessie G. (Hossrocket) Morgantown Wv                      Entry fee $25  Bounty fee $10 ( Prepaid via PayPal )

15. Eric O. (Modeezie or TecmoOdell42)    Waterford Michigan                      Entry Fee 25 Bounty fee $10

16.  Erik M. (ARNCOEM)                              Wallingford, CT                                 Entry Fee 25 Bounty fee $10.                                                

17. Joe M (Jmoska99) Detroit Mi. Entry fee 25.00 Bounty Fee $10         1 Nes system 1 tv.                                                                  

18. Francis B. (Mort1237) Chicago IL Entry fee 25.00 Bounty fee $300 ($100 1st man to beat him, $100 to eliminate him, $100 to the winner)       1 Nes system.                          19. Jaimen A. (Beastmode) London Ontario.   Entry fee 25.00 Bounty fee $10                                                   

20. Joshua A. (Thedude) London Ontario     Entry fee 25.00 Bounty fee $10 1 Retron Nes 1 tv

21. Derek R. (TecmoPhyscho) Indy. Indiana Entry fee 25.00 Bounty fee $10 Several Systems , Possibly 2 Small Tv's (Paid via Paypal)

22. Eugene K. Jr ( Ej) A 16 yr. a old Entry fee $25 Bounty $5  

23. Gabriel K. Rochester NY Entry fee $25 Bounty Fee $5  1 Nes System.                      

24. Russell S. (Neerm) Austin Texas Entry fee $25 Bounty fee  $10  Paid

25. Brian F. Shaggy Elma Ny Entry fee $25 Bounty $5  

26. Matt O. (Toolie) Parts Unkown in Michigan Entry Fee $25 Bounty fee $10

27.  Jeremiah A. (WeakSauce) London Ontario. ENtry Fee $25 Bounty Fee $5

Edited by red98sethuthut
DT WON LAST YEAR

1st Mort1237. 2nd Odell 3rd TecmoPsycho 4th Dt. $100 Bounty won Tim S of Auburn over Mort (his only win in original playbook round) $25 bonus bounties won by Toolie, Neerm, Lou, i forgot the othet 2. #LongLiveTecmo

BOUNTY RECAP

First of all. Thanks to everyone who came out. Anyone who comes to a Tecmo Tourney deserves praise, but this was an awesome group, probably the best assemblage of Tecmoers outside of Madison I've ever seen. I'll say best Tecmoers per capita ever! I'm talking about just a great group of guys, but the level of play was off the charts as well.

I apologize for being short with people at times but I was just trying to keep the action moving and I had already discussed the counter-arguments people were presenting with people and with myself endless times! Also there was math involved, which makes me growly.

Special Shout Outs to: The Michigan boys. O'Dell for just bringing a lot of ruckus on all levels. We always have just GREAT matchups. Toolie, you didn't get to bring as much ruckus as you would have liked, but your presence was greatly appreciated. You're one of the greats! Moskwa, it sure seemed like you had the toughest draw, but you made lemonade out of it by parlaying it into a dramatic Loser's Bracket victory. Your facebook hype and chatter leading up to to the event was awesome. If this is our last hurrah gentleman, it was a great ride.

Team Ohio. Kevin and Chris. Kevin stepping up in a major way, cranking through tons of info to help get the tourney rolling. Your reputation as a top player and top dude continue to ascend. Thanks for hangin out after and letting us get some NHLPA '93/Super Spike V'Ball/Little League Baseball/Rampart in. Chris aka Ninja- One of the great Tecmo Ambassadors on the scene. Just love your enthusiasm man. Friday Night Vikes-Eagles game was one of the most hilarious and fun games of all time. Thanks for having fun despite spending more time that you would have liked lampooned on Drummond Island.

Coming from CT Erik aka Arncoem. Thanks for representing the Northeast contingent. Of course we met each other again in the playoffs. I got the W this time, but man you are just a tough tough player. Hope to battle you down the road again.

Representing Indiana Derek aka Tecmo Psycho. Sorry I spelled your handle wrong on the tagboard. Thanks for the kind words. Great playing as usual. I originally planned on not having a 3rd place game and just having the higher seed take it, but then I saw that there was an opportunity to perhaps finally get a W vs you and Paul Bailey made that dope 3rd place Lombardi trophy and I had to play. Wish I hadn't. Fuck Paul Bailey.

Just kidding. Paul! Representing Buffalo in a major way! Knocked off some giants. Thanks for all your contributions. Sorry you had to go early but it sounds like you made a solid call from what I heard. Paul got some play last night y'all!

Lou and Mort! You guys are Buffalo Tecmo and the main reason people came from places far to be a part of this. Mort, you backed me up when I told people you were the favorite. You are the KING of Tecmo! All of us subjects should bow in your presence. Not only that he backed up HIMSELF putting a big fat bounty on his own head, of which only Tim Sliwka got a piece of because Mort got greedy trying to get $25 calling Phoenix in the OG Playbooks round! And he still needed a 70 yd FG with the great Jim Breech to beat you! Lou, your rise through the Tecmo Elite continues. Sorry you had to get dominated by Mort in the end, but great playing as usual. You just bring so much to the table buddy. I can't imagine anyone being more fun to set up a tourney with.

Long Live Tecmo

Thanks to everyone who is helping us keep the torch burning! 

On 4/24/2016 at 11:41 AM, DT. said:

BOUNTY RECAP

Lou and Mort! You guys are Buffalo Tecmo and the main reason people came from places far to be a part of this. Mort, you backed me up when I told people you were the favorite. You are the KING of Tecmo! All of us subjects should bow in your presence. Not only that he backed up HIMSELF putting a big fat bounty on his own head, of which only Tim Sliwka got a piece of because Mort got greedy trying to get $25 calling Phoenix in the OG Playbooks round! And he still needed a 70 yd FG with the great Jim Breech to beat you! Lou, your rise through the Tecmo Elite continues. Sorry you had to get dominated by Mort in the end, but great playing as usual. You just bring so much to the table buddy. I can't imagine anyone being more fun to set up a tourney with.

Long Live Tecmo

Thanks to everyone who is helping us keep the torch burning! 

Lou and Mort are the best and bring a whole other level of energy to any Tecmo spectacle. This tourney sounds like an absolute blast and is on Team North Dakota's bucket list. 

DT, these are the kind of testimonials that give fuel to what will be the greatest Tecmo Experience ever crafted at Burning Mort. I don't know who the hell you are, but you are a beast. Also, if you don't mind borrowing us that burning torch in July, we'll use it to ignite the literal flames at Burning Mort. 

23 hours ago, kamphuna8 said:

My favorite line from the crowd during the championship was "Burning Mort!"

This melts my heart and gets my blood flowing in all the right places. 

Edit: Is there a way to get the recorded stream? Would love to use that crowd chant moving forward if at all possible. 

Edited by DrFrolf
Added question to topic rather than another post.

On 4/5/2016 at 6:33 PM, mort1237 said:

This is my offical entry. As announced on facebook.

100 dollars to the 1st to beat me in tourney play

100 bucks if you eliminate me

100 extra to the winner.  

This should be easy money. I don't have time to practice and i will be worn out driving to buffalo.

See ya all in a couple weeks.

#winning