8 bit helmets for an updated CFL Rom..anybody have time to make a new version?

chris99

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Canadian+Football+League+helmets+in+8-bit+form&id=560400

I found a site with 8 bit images of all 9 current CFL teams including the Ottawa Redblacks. I love the Grey Cup 2012 game that was made. I would love to play an updated version of that with all 9 teams now and updated rosters. Unfortunately I'm just not smart enough to make it. I don't get this stuff.

I don't want to break any rules by requesting a ROM in the wrong section so if this is not allowed can a MOD please move my post to the appropriate place?

I have figured out how to update the Rosters and I am starting that project using the CFL 2012 Rom. Would anybody be willing to help by just adding the one helmet after? I am struggling to figure out updating the schedule but I will keep trying on that one. The helmet stuff I can't figure out.

I am working on making a UFL rom using the XFL rom as a base. There were 8 teams in the history of the UFL so I would do a team for each. Since there were 8 teams in the XFL that should take care of my schedule issues. I however just can't figure out the helmet editor stuff.

Is anybody willing to do the helmets? Here is a link to the image.

http://www.mghelmets.com/ufl.html

I also want to update the CFL Rom with 2015 rosters as now there are 9 teams. I can use the CFL Rom that had the Ottawa Renegades if somebody can update the helpmet to the Redblacks helmet.

Any takers?

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Canadian+Football+League+helmets+in+8-bit+form&id=560400

Editing the logos from scratch is tedious and time consuming.  I don't think anyone is going to do it for a rom they're not personally invested in. 

Fortunately jstout wrote an excellent tutotial that makes it pretty easy to figure out.

The mini helmets aren't nearly as bad, unless you need to use a lot of the special designs because you're using a lot of unique colors.  Not going to be a factor on an 8 team rom though.

Fortunately theres a really informative thread about how to do that as well.

I appreciate the response. I'll still hold out hope as I would only need 1 helmet for the CFL Rom. Maybe somebody will do it. For now I will do the rosters and have the rest ready. I have tried using the Helmet editor and I just can't get going in it. Don't understand it at all even after reading about it. Most of it seems unresponsive yet it clearly works as people use it.

The UFL Rom needs 8 helmets so I'm not going to continue that project.

Thanks.

24 minutes ago, chris99 said:

I appreciate the response. I'll still hold out hope as I would only need 1 helmet for the CFL Rom. Maybe somebody will do it. For now I will do the rosters and have the rest ready. I have tried using the Helmet editor and I just can't get going in it. Don't understand it at all even after reading about it. Most of it seems unresponsive yet it clearly works as people use it.

The UFL Rom needs 8 helmets so I'm not going to continue that project.

Thanks.

No one uses the helmet editor and it will only work on the original 28 team ROM. Like @adscl84 mentioned large helmets are very time consuming. Are you interested in learning the basics of how to ROM hack via hex editing? 

On 1/14/2016 at 7:00 PM, davefmurray said:

No one uses the helmet editor and it will only work on the original 28 team ROM. Like @adscl84 mentioned large helmets are very time consuming. Are you interested in learning the basics of how to ROM hack via hex editing? 

I'm certainly willing to try.