Best Super Tecmo Bowl Playbooks

N00BTecmo89

I'm sure this has been asked before and I am sure there are many opinions out there but I was just wondering what everyones top playbooks are for some of the teams in Tecmo Super Bowl might be. I am a beginning noob but grew up with older brothers who played the game and I was just wanting to hear peoples strategies on setting playbooks for teams if they are willing and wanted to share. I general just eliminate all PA and trick plays when it comes to setting my playbooks. I have not gotten too in depth as to finding the "perfect" playbook as of yet. Any input or advice for setting certain teams playbooks is appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by N00BTecmo89

4427798414_31867c792e_o.jpg

Given this grid, my favorite playbooks are as follows:

With an elite RB : Runs 5,6,2,4 or Runs 2,1,2,4 (depending on opposing defenders) with Passes 2,4,3,2 and 2,4,7,8 respectively

With 2 good RBS: Runs 8,1(or 6),3,6 with Passes 1,6,7(or 3),1(or 8).

Against a team with an elite DB1 (top CB): Runs 5,2,6,6 (with best RB in 2nd RB slot) with Passes 1,6,3,3

With an average team and in general I go with: Runs 5,6,2,3 and Passes 2,4,3,2(or 8)

I do make use of some other plays with certain personnel and matchups, but these are typically the best plays in most common situations IMO.

I'd also advise not to get too hung up on formations. Yes, it's nice to disguise your playbook with most plays coming from the same formation, but sometimes a good play is just a good play even if they know what's coming - it's still tough to stop. 

On 12/26/2015 at 4:21 PM, War Machine said:

There isnt a simple answer as it depends on a lot of different factors.  If you check out this post below, bruddog had a really good response and some good replies.

http://tecmobowl.org/forum/topic/11558-whats-your-playbook/?do=findComment&comment=101624

Cool, I will definetly check this out. Thanks!