The Mudbone Challenge

manYo

Xmas at the manyo household means a whole lotta game-playing and I sure as shit am not gonna sit on the sideline, sooo...... it's time for my 2nd annual Tecmo Season Challenge!  Last year, it was a Johnny Johnson festivus..... this year?  THE MUDBONE CHALLENGE.

MudboneChallenge_zpsztr3wtgv.jpg

Restrictions:

• Play a season as SEA
  • OFFENSE:
    • only Krieg/Stouffer passes and runs allowed
    • no punts or field goals
    • only use Krieg until injury, then Stouffer... after that, it's Coach Knox's choice*
  • DEFENSE:
    • no restrictions
  • PLAYBOOK:
    • whatever the f Chuck Knox wants to run from week to week
  • ROSTER:
    • whoever runs the plays the way Coach Knox drew them up are the guys who start and play on this team
  • NO RESETS!

*The critical rule in this challenge is you can't put Stouffer in until Krieg gets injured, which is of course at the whim of the gods.  After that, if Stouffer plays well, you can insert him into the lineup at any time, even when Krieg returns...... HOWEVER, if Stouffer gets hurt while Krieg is healthy, then it all resets again: you must keep Krieg in, until he gets injured again, thus opening the door for Kelly Stouffer once more....... and so on and so forth---- I know what yr thinking, what a headache right?  well it's really just a simulation of the Seahawk QB carousel and hot stove arguments that took place most of the 90's, which we SEA fans are lucky to not have anymore so I thought I'd go back and relive those gory years, for some sadistic reason.

knox2.jpgbombs%20away%20krieg_zpsigx1gvqy.jpgstouffer%20down%20but%20not%20out_zpsoib

Results will be posted when available.

LIVE STREAM:

http://www.twitch.tv/tecmomanyo

Edited by manYo

~~Mudbone Challenge -- Mid-Season Review~~

RECORD: 8-0, 1st place AFC West

Mid-season now with the Seahawks standing strong at 8-0.... the fanbase is fired up to see so many games played in a row at the Kingdome, all of them so far in fact, and Coach Knox is a god walking upon earth here in the PNW for his matter-of-fact, folk-wisdom-spoutin, lunchpail-carryin wayz. 

Mid-Season Review: Defense -- GRADE: B-

Defensive Coordinator Tom Catlin has the SEA-D playing some slobberknock supreme defense, making a few silly mistakes here and there but otherwise up to their usual hard-hitting and ball-hawking ways, giving up an average of 10.5 points to date...... which is "okay," but if they can keep it at that level it will be hard to beat them the rest of way.  DB2 Dwayne Harper is playing out of his mind, with 5 picks, at least 3 forced fumbles, and 2 QB sacks..... he's been feeling GOOD for quite awhile now, flying around making all sorts of plays.  Nesby Glasgow intercepted the first pass thrown his way, and has been in EXC lately, thus elevating the SEA rush significantly..... shoutout to LB4 Terry Wooden (EXC) for helping to shut down Bo during the Raider game, that was huge.  And LB2 Cortez Kennedy truly has been in EXCELLENT for I think all season now, and he has 7 sacks to support that assertion.  Last, but not least, Rufus Porter is playing like a hungry dog, making big hits, recovering fumbles and blocking at least 3 FGs/XPs.

Mid-Season Review: Offense -- GRADE: B

Offensively, thngs started out slow for the Brohawks, but of late Mudbone has been on absolute fuckin fire..... easily his favorite target so far has been move-TE Ron Heller, who is playing way above any stats even remotely attached to his terrestrial name..... at RB, John L. has been targeted consistently and often, and James Jones has been in EXC most of the season and is responsible for a small handful of game-breaking plays..... at wideout, Brian Blades has hauled in a few big bizzombs..... and at WR2, one interesting storyline so far this season is how Paul Skansi has moved above Tommie Kane on the depth chart with several workman-like catches over the middle, not to mention a metric ton of gritty blocks galore downfield.  The Seahawks have been clicking of late and are now averaging 35.9 pts/game.

At QB, Mudbone has done much to quell the preseason controversy between he and backup Kelly Stouffer..... so far Mudbone has taken every snap, and thrown only two picks, both of which were very excusable.  Despite feeling BAD much of the season, Mudbone has been able to channel the pure coaching genius of Chuck Knox into savagely effective execution on the tecmo gridiron, guiding the team with pure grit upon golden rails to an undefeated 8-0 record so far....... yep, all is good in Seahawk land, to be sure.

bombs%20away%20krieg_zpsigx1gvqy.jpgMudbone%20Midway%20Stats_zpsmoig0prd.png

Yea and truly, all is good in Seahawk land here at the turn---all praise to the gods!  But what does the rest of the season have in store?  What tricks and trials will the gods present to Coach Knox's spirited crew of hardnosed football technicians on this epic journey to achieve their Super Bowl dreams?  Will they be able to maintain their current pace, or are they starting to fly a little too close to the tecmo sun and soon to feel the burn of the gods' mighty wrath? I dunno man, I dunno....... but I sure as shit can't wait to find out!  Battle on.......

--------------------------------

BOXSCORES: on my twittter time line (https://twitter.com/gomanyo360) or using the hashtag #MudboneChallenge

LIVE STREAM: twitch.tv/tecmomanyo (I think it's working, not sure and dont care too much... it's just fun to imagine it MIGHT be working, haha!)

Edited by manYo

18 minutes ago, kamphuna8 said:

I'm watching when I can

haha..... playoffs should come later tonite.

surprised my stream is working..... I lowered the bitrate to 700 and the downscale to 3.0 to give it a chance on my weak upload strength at home, but i guess its working.

~~Mudbone Challenge -- End of Regular Season~~

RECORD: 16-0, 1st place AFC West, #1 AFC seed

The Seahawks finished strong, polishing off all the AFC West teams for a 2nd time to clinch the division somewhere around Week 11... then beating three dangerous NFC West teams down the stretch in the Rams, Falcons and Niners..... all in convincing fashion nonetheless, with no last minute heroics necessary from Capt. Mudbone.  Which begs the obvious question: looking past the seeming invincibility and brotherhood displayed by this intrepid troop of tecmo warriors, have these Seattle Seahawks---dare we say, these BROhawks?!---really been TESTED enough to get cleanly through the AFC playoffs and dance their way into the Super Bowl?  I suppose we'll find out later on tonite! (Gonna start it up around 11pm pacific.) 

End-of-Season Review: Offense -- GRADE: A-

In the 2nd half of the regular season, Dave Mudbone Krieg fixed whatever was ailing him in the 1st half and ascended more and more into the rarefied air of THE MUDZONE: often staying in GOOD or EXC condition and straight cold DEALIN' from the pocket (and mostly a quite clean pocket at that, thanks to the underrated and scrappy SEA OL led by Grant "Fightin'" Feasel and co.)...... as for the RBs, John L. Williams continued to display great hands out of the backfield, and James Jones played the season of his life, breaking several games open with eye-popping run-after-the-catch ability, often for big first downs or more........ in the receiving crew, Brian Blades and Tommie Kane pretty much went AWOL the last half of the season while the scrappy duo of Jeff Chadwick and Paul Skansi controlled nearly all of the playing time, both of them bouncing between GOOD and EXC condition the last several games and making the most of it with big play after big play........ move-TE Ron Heller continued to flash superstar potential, ending with 50 catches for more than 1,000 yds and 16 TDs.  The offense scored 568 points in total (35.5 pts/g) and got the job done nearly every time they had the ball, thus the A- grade...... to be sure, this juGGernaut is primped and primed, now the Seahawks just gotta hope for more of the same in the playoffs.

End-of-Season Review: Defense -- GRADE: B+

The Seahawks allowed 180 points during the regular season(11.3 pts/g), giving up slightly more points per game in the 2nd half of the season than the 1st..... but considering how the talent level of their opponents generally increased in addition to the CPU juice factor jumping thru the roof, they were tasked with quite a challenge..... but man I am here to tell you that this defense rose to conquer that challenge aint no doubt about it!  Whereas the first 8 games relied heavily on Dwayne Harper's unique blend of speed and playmaking ability---it was a more formless, hydra-style defense on display in the 2nd half.... so many different defenders stepped up their game in a huge way, especially in the front 7, guys like Tony Woods, Jacob Green, Rufus Porter (as always) and Terry Wooden (Mr. Underrated)...... but the 2nd half MVP for the SEA-D easily goes to Dave Wyman, I've never seen a guy stay in EXC condition as long as he did, he was making all kinds of plays in the running and passing game, just nails at the LB3 spot game in and game out.  But wipe the slates clean now, cuz it's do-or-die time... in the NFL playoffs!

-------------

BOXSCORES AND PLAYER STATS: can be found in more detail on my twittter time line (https://twitter.com/gomanyo360) or using the hashtag #MudboneChallenge

LIVE STREAM: playoffs starting around 11pm pacifico! http://twitch.tv/tecmomanyo

Edited by manYo

~~Mudbone Challenge -- AFC Playoffs~~

Divisional Round: CLE @ SEA

With the hard-earned bye, the Seahawks sat back and partied the first round of the playoffs away.... eventually squinting a little closer to identify their opponent in Round 2: the Cleveland Brownies, who had upset the Raiders, 21-20.  Now the avg tecmo head is gonna think, cool, I got the Cleveland Browns instead of playoff Bo Jackson...... but man all I know is the Cleveland Browns on this ROM before this game were NOT your everyday run-of-the-mill fuck-around-Browns..... not with over half their defense in EXCELLENT condition, QB Browns in GOOD and I think it was Metcalf in EXC as well---all I know is that everything was coming up Browns at the pre-game weigh-ins.  Well, maybe not EVERYTHING, ok..... cuz Mudbone was feeling GOOD....... and, of course, Paul Motherfucking Skansi continuing to ride the shit out of the EXCELLENT train like a godammed FIEND!..... so I suppose it wasn't ALL coming up Browns---you could say there was a little Seahawk in there as well.

SEA kicked off.  After that, some stuff happened..... a lot of it dramatic in nature, as the Seahawks rallied from a halftime deficit to defeat CLE 30-21, moving on to the AFC 'Ship...... but a story that should be told in full before I do is that the Browns returned two kicks for touchdowns over the course of this game..... now, on the first one, I just lost my focus for half an eyeblink, and Metcalf was gone---and I get it, my bad, it's playoff football let's rock..... but the second one was probably the "unholiest" sight I have ever seen on a tecmo field, I mean Metcalf was already returning it with unreal juiced-up speed, but then all of a sudden everything went into hyperdrive and next thing I know a methed-out Metcalf is skipping 10 yards at a time on his way to paydirt, just like that... the things juice makes you see in the tecmo playoffs can boggle the mind sometimes.

All praise to the gods!  Moving on...

AFC Championship: BUF @ SEA

No patsies for the Seahawks on this Road to Glory, as the Bills came to town intending, at first, to compete in a wagon-circling contest---but cooler heads prevailed and a football game broke out instead..... which the Seahawks ended up winning 37-14, and in so doing punched their ticket to Da Supah Bowl!!!  This game was crazy, of course, and MUCH closer than the final score might suggest... i think one great thing about sports is that BIG GAMES bring out BIG PLAYERS, and it seemed like all of the Seahawks big players this season showed out at some point in this game........ and of course we're talking about Paul motherfucking Skansi, James Jones (hot feet!), and Jacob Green with a few huge dive tackles on Thurmal (which if he had missed woulda meant six points for the Bills of course)........ Dave Wyman, sack monster supreme...... Ron Heller, a huge diving CC on 4th down for the final touchdown, like WOW!....... and of course: Mudbone.  Mudbone, man, just a-wheelin' and dealin' and slingin' those hooptie passes man, scrambling and fighting like a mad dog man, willing his team down the field to score touchdown after touchdown...... and all the while in a most EXCELLENT state of mind, it must be noted.  And why is that, you ask?  Well, shit man, I already told you: cuz BIG GAMES bring out BIG PLAYERS!

All praise to the gods!  Moving on to the Supah Bowl (vs. the NINERS!)......

-------------

BOXSCORES AND PLAYER STATS: can be found in more detail on this twittter time line (https://twitter.com/gomanyo360) or under the hashtag #MudboneChallenge

LIVE STREAM: Super Bowl starting around 1:45am pacifico! http://twitch.tv/tecmomanyo

~~Mudbone Challenge -- Da Supah Bowl!~~

SF @ SEA

They say that seein' is believin'......

So in conclusion, the Mudbone Challenge was really a lot of fun..... as in I'm pinching myself right now I can't believe I just had that much fun today, sort of fun....... wow, thank you Tecmo!  And merry christmas to all!  I mean, I guess I could have been doing some sort of busy-type shit today to make the world a better place and all that with the time i spent on this project....... but nahhh man, that's not my style---I'll save the world tomorrow!!!  As for now, next battle......

So let me get this str8........All Krieg, all the time no rushing????????????????  And where the hell is Chris Warren???  He's the Hawks best player!!!  (Never mind...your not rushing)...But he should at least be returning your kicks!!!!!!!

Anywayz..........I'm in!!!  

~Except for the fact that I will be running Chris Warren, running Fenner (not as a returner, at fullback where he belongs) and putting J.L.Williams in his natural tight end position where he belongs!!!  

So basically I'll just be doing a season with the Seahawks, which is a challenge in ITSELF!!!!!!!!!!

(p.s.  I will stick to the basic challenge rule of leaving Krieg in no matter what, (barring injury) even if my thumbs' natural reaction is to bench his a$$ after the 15th or 16th picc or fumble he gives up.  The natural progression wit me and the Seahawks over the years is me always starting off the season with Krieg, until after about 4 ta 5 games, he pisses me off so bad that I bench his a$$ for Stouffer, until he suCC's so bad that I end up sticking Krieg back in to finish the year......until the playoffs, and then it's just whatever the fucc goes, and win however you can, because that team isn't gonna help ya)

............................So in sayin' that, I will stick with Krieg through thick and A-LOT of thin.........NO EXCEPTIONS!!! 

5 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

So let me get this str8........All Krieg, all the time no rushing????????????????  And where the hell is Chris Warren???  He's the Hawks best player!!!  (Never mind...your not rushing)...But he should at least be returning your kicks!!!!!!!

Anywayz..........I'm in!!!  

~Except for the fact that I will be running Chris Warren, running Fenner (not as a returner, at fullback where he belongs) and putting J.L.Williams in his natural tight end position where he belongs!!!  

So basically I'll just be doing a season with the Seahawks, which is a challenge in ITSELF!!!!!!!!!!

(p.s.  I will stick to the basic challenge rule of leaving Krieg in no matter what, (barring injury) even if my thumbs' natural reaction is to bench his a$$ after the 15th or 16th picc or fumble he gives up.  The natural progression wit me and the Seahawks over the years is me always starting off the season with Krieg, until after about 4 ta 5 games, he pisses me off so bad that I bench his a$$ for Stouffer, until he suCC's so bad that I end up sticking Krieg back in to finish the year......until the playoffs, and then it's just whatever the fucc goes, and win however you can, because that team isn't gonna help ya)

............................So in sayin' that, I will stick with Krieg through thick and A-LOT of thin.........NO EXCEPTIONS!!! 

man, i don't even know where to ST@RT with this sh!t !!!  but here goes..... well, having just went thru the storm of battle with these guys, I can tell you beyond any doubt that James Jones is a got-damn cut-throat defense KILLAH!.... he's got moves and jukes you just gotta see and feel to believe......... I was actually in the Chris Warren boat before this challenge, but no more and never again: James Jones, man, you can thank me later (could it be the "JJ" initials?! hmmmm).....

the best kick returner on this team ~~hands-down~~ is Derrick Fenner....... and Paul Skansi's got the short-area quicks and steady hands you want in a punt returner when a championship game is on the line.......... but John L. at tight end?! GTFO MAN! lolz, u gotta be kidding me........... listen, the only chance you got to win with the Seahawks is to put John L. and James Jones at RB, and Ron Heller at TE....... and KEEP them there, but make sure to at least check the conditions on Warren and Fenner every now and again to keep up the spirit of competition, which pleases the gods.......... at wide receiver, it can get complicated, there's no way to predict how the season will go, but you got to be pushing Skansi and Chadwick into your lineup when it feels right, which should be about 2/3 of the time.......... Blades and Kane got some pedigree, but they dont got the WANT to be great, whereas Paul Skansi (whose high school I have drived by several times in Gig Harbor) and Chadwick have that in spades and spades...................... as for Travis McNeal, or whatever his name is----forget him, don't ever let him see the field, don't even check his condition.

and as for QB...... well I explained it all in the first post, but basically exactly what you said in spirit: it could be a smooth ride with Mudbone, or it could be a clusterphuq kinda season with Stouffer pushing for time and plays, you just never know with this team until you get there..... and that is the beauty of the Mudbone Challenge.

and do whatever ya think u need to do to WIN, I guess....... but the Challenge as I set it out restricts you from calling ANY running plays at all, you gotta call a pass every play, and if you think you need to pull the ball down and run with the QB then that's what you do, and you get the job done Mudbone style, ftw............. as you can see in Da Supah Bowl video, sometimes everybody's covered up, so if you got the right passing plays in you gotta take Mudbone and grapple off the defender covering your RB in the backfield (John L. or James Jones, right?) and then pass the ball to him, I mean low down dirty just do whatever it takes to WIN man, and once you get rolling like that there will be no stopping as you slowly find yourself drifting dangerously into............ THE MUDZONE!

I just can't pass all the time.................my hands won't let me!!!!!!!!!  It's not in my name or my soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But I will tell ya I'm 3~0!!!

Here's my starters:       Dave "mudbone" Krieg

Derrick "18 TD's in 1 season" Fenner

Chris "the closest thing to Johnny on the Seahawks" Warren        (and also one of my faves growin up)

Brian "murda man" Blades

Tommy "Mr. EXCITING" Kane

John "Yes coach, I'ma tight end" Williams

RETURNERS:      Tommy "Mr. EXCITING" Kane

Chris "the closest thing to Johnny on the Seahawks, a.k.a Smack a Stripper, a.k.a. Baby Curt Warner" Warren

........................Ya wanna win with the HAWKS???????????  That's the lineup ya go with!!!!!!

for those who haven't seen:

Author: Big Red

This weekend, I won Tecmo with the Seahawks

But not just any ordinary way. I was traveling through Ohio towards the East Coast and eventually stopped in Martinsburg, West Virginia, and it was there that I found a small, cozy house where I could sense a Nintendo was present. 

I knocked on the door and was welcomed in by a 40 year old man who was hanging out with two other young men, playing 8-bit Nintendo. I asked them if I could stay for the evening since I was traveling around, and I told them that I was Big Red. They let me stay, and I told them that they were very good, and that now they will be rewarded by watching me exhibit full domination at Tecmo Super Bowl. 

I ordered the young woman there, the niece of the 40 year old man, to make a visit to the grocery store and purchase 3 cases of Old Milwaukee and a few Stouffer's frozen pizzas. Then, I sat down and told the three men to alternate playing against me in a season, as I would be the Seahawks. 

I made my restrictions clear: I was not to be allowed to tamper with my playbook, and I was only allowed to run ONE play on offense: The Dave Kreig Play. This play requires picking a pass play and then rolling out and watching one of your running backs in the flat be tangled with a defender. You take your QB and ram him into said defender and shake him off using the B button, freeing up your running back in the flat to complete a short pass to. 

The three guys rotated games and found that I was in full force and could not be stopped. Frustrated, they continued to doctor their playbooks and try different methods to stop James Earl Jones (my meal ticket who I put in place of Williams) from being freed up and making catches. I was 2-0 by the time that young woman returned from the store, and at that point I shotgunned a beer after every touchdown I scored in game #3. I strategically inserted Jeff Chadwick for Brian Blades, as Chadwick is a money player when it comes to throwing blocks for my man James Earl Jones. I got to 8-0, halfway point of the season, and in game #9 Krieg finally got injured on a sack. Right as he was carted off the field, the young woman in the kitchen said, "Stouffer's Pizzas are ready!" 

I replied, "So is Kelly Stouffer." 

She brought some Stouffer's Pizza in for me and I scarfed some down while inserting Kelly Stouffer in the game. He ran the Kreig play as smooth as owl shit, and before I knew it, I was 16-0 and those three dudes were amazed and ready to upset me in the playoffs. 

Using Kansas City, the one guy got shutout by me 37-0. After that game, I pounded two beers from a bong and said, "Give me a little break here before the Championship." I drank four beers during that break and was completely rip-roaring drunk. I took a blindfold out and put it around my eyes and put the controller on the floor and took my sandles off. 

In the AFC Championship, blindfolded and using my toes on the controller I routed the Raiders 45-3. Using ONLY the Dave Kreig Play on offense. I drank about 4 more beers since I had my hands free. They were about to give up at this point, and in the Super Bowl, I led 27-0 at the half and told them they must sacrifice the niece as a pleasure sacrifice. During the Mighty Bombjack Show, the young woman did a strip tease in front of me and poured more beer down my throat.

During the second half, she sat in my lap facing me. I wrapped my arms around her back and played with the controller behind her back, my face buried between her beefy, tan young breasts, and her bouncing up and down on my lubed-up shaft. The other two drunk dudes were cheering me on while the 40 year old dude, the uncle of the hot young woman, tried to focus as I groaned and sloshed more beer down my throat and let that hot skank gyrate on my crotch much like Tim McKyer's daughter did to me once. This went on until the end of the 4th quarter, and when James Jones waltzed into the endzone to make the final score 47-7, I released my offering and nudged that skank off of me and began shaking up cans of Old Mil and spraying them everywhere in celebration. 

Those three dudes gave me great hospitality this weekend, and I enlightened them with my Tecmo domination. I thank them all.

36 minutes ago, buck said:

for those who haven't seen:

thanks buck..... I had assumed everyone who knows how to spell tecmo has read that about a 1,000 times already, and therefore knew it as the background inspiration for the mudbone challenge---but yr probably right in thinking some might not have been blessed yet by that legendary tale of big red's ragin' run thru the west virginia tecmo wastelands......... "So is Kelly Stouffer," haha! what a classic line!  (and another madison t-shirt idea)