most points ever scored in one game?

mpp

i'm sure this has been brought up many times, but i jsut wanted to know

CRITERIA for answers:

1. who were you?

2. which plays did you utilize?

3. did the opponent score?

4. did you change their playbook to accomodate winning?

5. onside kicks? kick deep and go for safeties?

the reason i ask is that i'd never tried to do score a lot of points before in a game (i mean, i usually average around 70-80 points in the first few weeks of each season i play) but today my roommate and i decided to try to do so

week 2 of the season i picked the niners, changed all of the chargers' plays to flea-flickers or easily recoginzed runs and passes and with Lott and Montana in excellent i won 98-0

i'd like to know all your stories about this topic

thanks

ps---i think my record before now (w/o changing the playbook) was 87-0

I have scored over 99 points a few times, the last one that i can remember was when i was the houston oilers, in week 1 of the season against the Los Angeles Raiders i won that game in which the score would have been 105-7. The lone touchdown was a bo jackson breakaway of 80 yards. Other than that the raiders turned the ball over 7 times, 3 by fumble and 4 interceptions, 2 by richard johnson and 2 by Bubba McDowell. Ray Childress was a sack machine for me registering several safeties. Most of the game i went with the shotgun bomb and the R and S flare C passes. Moon to Haywood and Drew can make the plays and be gone in no time. As for the raiders playbook, i kept it as it was. I have never believed in changing the playbooks, even when trying to blow an opponent out. I went with all deep kicks, and got the luxury of downing them inside the 10 and the 5 yard line on every kick.

106-0 I was playing with a modified AFC roster against the default NFC. (I used to play a ton of probowl games, so don't ask)

110-0 I was the Giants playing against the Cardinals in preseason.

115-0 I was the Eagles playing against the Browns in preseason.

I'm sure there were others, but these were the most notable. In all cases I kept the default playbook for the opposing team and modified my own.

I once rigged the Probowl so the NFC had good players and the AFC had the worst players and the worst playbook. I played a couple times and scored over 120 each game. It was a hassle to keep track.

In the regular season once in a while I'll break 100, usually playing with the Bears.

-Trev

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oink Oink

you guys check the thread "Knobbe.org TSB Challenge"

I put up 111 points in one try.. with a suck offense and more importantly... I've provided screenshots for proof.

I don't want props tossed my way.. i want challenges with some teeth.

"somebody better call the school nurse"

Oink Oink

you guys check the thread "Knobbe.org TSB Challenge"

I put up 111 points in one try.. with a suck offense and more importantly... I've provided screenshots for proof.

I don't want props tossed my way.. i want challenges with some teeth.

"somebody better call the school nurse"

Then talk to me, Patbeyatch :arrow:

I'm talking to all of ya'll FELLOW tecmo dorks

I've just discovered this "screen shot" deal.. now we can start throwing some proof down for our exaggerated tecmo feats. Like I said... I put 2 links to my completion of the challenge in the "Knobbe.org TSB Challenge" thread. Take a look. It's small potatoes I know, but it's the begining of some silly tecmo-ing fun.

-Pat B-izille-nitch

OKay, I got one for ya Patbitch. Be the Pats, no changes allowed whatsoever. No play changes, no other team changes, no roster switching, nada. Just be New England, straight up, for a season, and post proof of points for and points against. If you beat me, you'll get your props. Handshake deal, left hand on a beer, right hand extended...

Jokestress,

that's quite a comittment. Playing a full season. I'll do it for sure... but are you serious? Are you going to play along? How do we "post the scores"? by screen shots from nesticle? That's how I'd perfer doing it.

I think it could be a thread of it's own where other dudes can join in the challenge.

You're right, it is quite a commitment. I played the first two games last night...the Colts weren't too much of a hurdle, but who knew the Browns would hang till the last minute?? I'm telling you, if your ego gets too big for TSB, play a season with the Pats, wince every time Grogan throws a duck, and you'll have an instant challenge on your hands. WRs dropping perfect passes, running backs with blazing speed (in their minds), and offensive plays that are truly offensive. I can tell near the end of the season we'll be throwing a lot of shit up for grabs when every man is covered. This should be interesting, Mr. Beach. By the way, I hate Pat Beach, why on earth did you pick that nickname/handle?? Oh, I was thinking, should we compare O and D yards as well as certain individual accomplishments? Might as well. And whoever wants to join in the fun, be my guest...

Jokey,

By the way, I hate Pat Beach, why on earth did you pick that nickname/handle??

EXACTLY!! P.B. sucks like fire ants. Isn't it fun?

are you playing your games on the NES console? Wouldn't you rather do it on the nesticle to have a little proof about our stories?

I haven't played any yet. What are your stats?

I would like to join in. I would suggest a couple of rules on the outset:

1) Default playbook - no changing plays late in the season to better plays to compensate for the slow-down effect.

2) Default players - no subsitutions except for injuries...no getting lucky because some third string player is Excellent all season.

Other than that play the way you play Tecmo. I think those two will make it an even playing field.

I will use a ROM because my console is occupied with an all vs.COM season.

OKay, I got one for ya Patbitch. Be the Pats, no changes allowed whatsoever. No play changes, no other team changes, no roster switching, nada. Just be New England, straight up, for a season, and post proof of points for and points against. If you beat me, you'll get your props. Handshake deal, left hand on a beer, right hand extended...

Oops! I missed that post. :D

But yeah, that makes it an even playing field.

Don't take this as a challenge from me. There are a lot better stats out there than what I get, but it's just fun to compare.

If I need proof does that mean I have to use an emulator?

That's the question of the minute. What do we think? I certainly can perform better on the console... but I've got no way to show you all what I've done if I don't use the emulator.

I've only been around this message board a little while, but I've already read some tecmo boasting about outrageous feats that are hardly possible. I want to particpate in this challenge but participate against REALITY. You feelin' me?

That's the question of the minute. What do we think? I certainly can perform better on the console... but I've got no way to show you all what I've done if I don't use the emulator.

Haven't you guys ever considered tape recording (or DVD recording for you rich bastards with DVD recorders) an NES game straight from the console? It's so easy, just plug your NES up to your VCR and record while you play. I had friends who used to do that back in the 80's to prove their high scores with other games. Later, if you want to email your proof, you could always get a friend who has a TV card take a JPEG screenshot of your accomplishments or even make an MPEG of your game.

I can easily score 130-140 with the Giants. I do have LT in Excellent and most of the other defenders in good. I play the Pats and switch their playbook and roster (mainly KR to a slow guy) and then pin them at the 5-10 yd line. I then pick the #1 run play every time on D. When they run flea flickers etc. I tackle the QB and let them fumble but instead of trying to recover the fumble I just shread off all of the Pats players that come at the ball to recover it and eventually one of my guys will recover it and score. It is amazing that as soon as some of those guys touch LT they go flying like bowling pins.