Most shut-out weeks to start the season?

Green Majik

What's the furthest you've gotten into a season without yielding any points? I'll gander that an entire shut-out season has "never been done," but people have probably gotten close. 

Didn't get as close as I'd hoped with the Packers. Dang Dolphins with their power running game sank my ship. 

565e136d45ca4_mostpointsscoredwk3.PNG.2c565e13742ba49_mostpointsscoredwk4.PNG.a4

Great question.  I have reached week 4 multiple times.  I don't think I have made it past week 5.

I guess if that was really your goal was a shut out instead of scoring points, I would imagine, you could go into week 5-8 possibly by using ball/clock control.

But after the juice kicks in, too many crazy things happen (i.e. they punt and you receive and then you fumble and their super human dude runs the ball back and no body can catch him)

Got to week 4 with the eagles.  They kicked off to me, I kept the ball away from them for the whole 1st and 2nd quarters.  Then after the half, I kicked to them, they ran it to like the 30 yard like and eventually scored.   :(

See attached Nestopia Movie.  Anything after week 4 is very tough.

1991 Eagles ShutOut Season Wk4.nsv

Playing as the Falcons, I think I only got to week 2 when the Vikings got me. "Disappointment Deion." 

On 12/3/2015, 10:19:55, philleyOphish said:

I guess if that was really your goal was a shut out instead of scoring points, I would imagine, you could go into week 5-8 possibly by using ball/clock control.

True, there are likely better methods of clock management than scoring gobs of offensive points, especially against high-powered offenses. It's just fun to rack up passing stats, especially with Rison. Past week 4, I'll try to limit opponent's offensive possessions going forward. 

20 hours ago, philleyOphish said:

Got to week 4 with the eagles.  They kicked off to me, I kept the ball away from them for the whole 1st and 2nd quarters.  Then after the half, I kicked to them, they ran it to like the 30 yard like and eventually scored.   :(

See attached Nestopia Movie.  Anything after week 4 is very tough.

1991 Eagles ShutOut Season Wk4.nsv

Sucks! By the way, do I need something special to open the video? "Can't find matching image file."

30 minutes ago, manyo360 said:

this has been my favorite challenge since forever..... never have made it thru a whole season with the donut though.

Do you know how far you've gotten? Even halfway through a season would be super impressive.

4 hours ago, Green Majik said:

Do you know how far you've gotten? Even halfway through a season would be super impressive.

Pretty sure I've gotten about halfway through at least, but it takes perfect play and a bit o' luck, of course.  Eventually it devolves into allowing less than 100 points overall, which is pretty much my primary objective in every console season, as I am such a big fan of defense (born and raised)..... which aint too hard with the Steelers, my #1 go-to-battle team, but with other teams can be a real challenge.

45 minutes ago, Green Majik said:

For a fun twist, I'm going to begin a season with the Cardinals. I'm going to play through a whole season, but only save it after each shut-out. I wonder how many attempts it will take to rack up sixteen donuts. 

yeah that's also what I'm doing right now, with the steelers...... if they score, reset and try again, and just go for the lowest score possible by end of season (where your score = total # of resets).

currently I have 2 resets with 3 shutouts in the books at the moment.

Quite a gauntlet to wrap up the regular season. Dropped three to the Eagles, one to the Redskins, two each to the Broncos (EMBARRASSING) and Saints (don't even want to talk about it). 

All told, that's 15 regular season resets. This challenge is beast! On to the playoffs ...

566f1fae4cd11_PHXdonut16weeks.PNG.62a809