Baron von Lector

(NES) RBI Baseball 3 - 2015

7 posts in this topic

RBI Baseball 3 - 2015

This ROM is an update of the “Spring Training” edition. The rosters have been updated, and I updated the ratings to incorporate the new formula I’ve been using for the historical ROMs.The ratings are based on 2014’s statistics with a few “grandfather” exceptions (Alex Rodriguez, Prince Fielder, CC Sabathia). These players are rated on expected stats as opposed to their actual stats. They are better than .000AVG/0HR, .247AVG/3HR, and 3W-4L/5.28ERA, respectively, due to injury and suspension.

The most difficult decision was whether or not to include Yu Darvish on the Rangers, even as a #4 starter due to him being out for the entire year after undergoing Tommy John surgery. Ultimately, I omitted him from the roster.

When playing, don’t be afraid to dig deep into the bench. Some teams started this year with a handful of starters on the disabled list. They are on the roster, but didn’t make the opening day starting lineup. Don’t be surprised to find a 20+HR/.300+AVG player on the bench.

*UPDATE* This is a slight update over the original version of the ROM that I updated at the beginning of the season.  I fixed Jason Hammel's name to read "J.Hammel" instead of "C.Hammel."  Also, I cleaned up the "noise" from the opening screen so now it properly reads "2015 SEASON" instead of "2013 UPDATE."  (Note: This ROM is not a roster update to incorporate trade deadline trades.  The next roster update will be in the 2016 edition of the ROM.)

Within a couple weeks.  I'm going to start on the regular RBI Baseball 2017 right after opening day (using the opening day rosters).  Once that's finish, I'm gonna port the information over to RBI3.  Somewhere in the middle to the end of April.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Baron von Lector

View File RBI: 2016 World Series
      Celebrate the Chicago Cubs victory in the 2016 World Series with this ROM.  I don't typically do end-of-season ROMS, so this is kind of a big deal!

To commemorate the season, the title screen's color scheme has been changed to something a little more "Cubbish."

The ROM contains all ten teams that qualified for the 2016 Major League Baseball playoffs, to include:
      Boston Red Sox Baltimore Orioles Toronto Blue Jays Cleveland Indians Texas Rangers Washington Nationals New York Mets Chicago Cubs Los Angeles Dodgers San Francisco Giants  
      I based the player ratings based strictly on their 2016 performance.  What this means is that, if a player had a down year in 2016, it will reflect on their in-game performance.

I've provided two versions of the ROM.  They both play identically to one another.  The only difference between the two is how the players are named.  The game only allows six characters per player name.  Version A has the players listed in traditional RBI Baseball compressed form (i.e. Bumgarner is Bmgrnr, Kershaw is Kershw, Donaldson is Dnldsn) and Version B has the players listed in my traditional truncated form (Bumgarner is Bumgar, Kershaw is Kersha, Donaldson is Donald).  On this note, I would appreciate some feedback as to which naming method everybody prefers for future ROM releases.

Enjoy!

Submitter Baron von Lector Submitted 11/04/2016 Category RBI Baseball  
    • By Baron von Lector
      Celebrate the Chicago Cubs victory in the 2016 World Series with this ROM.  I don't typically do end-of-season ROMS, so this is kind of a big deal!

To commemorate the season, the title screen's color scheme has been changed to something a little more "Cubbish."

The ROM contains all ten teams that qualified for the 2016 Major League Baseball playoffs, to include:
      Boston Red Sox Baltimore Orioles Toronto Blue Jays Cleveland Indians Texas Rangers Washington Nationals New York Mets Chicago Cubs Los Angeles Dodgers San Francisco Giants  
      I based the player ratings based strictly on their 2016 performance.  What this means is that, if a player had a down year in 2016, it will reflect on their in-game performance.

I've provided two versions of the ROM.  They both play identically to one another.  The only difference between the two is how the players are named.  The game only allows six characters per player name.  Version A has the players listed in traditional RBI Baseball compressed form (i.e. Bumgarner is Bmgrnr, Kershaw is Kershw, Donaldson is Dnldsn) and Version B has the players listed in my traditional truncated form (Bumgarner is Bumgar, Kershaw is Kersha, Donaldson is Donald).  On this note, I would appreciate some feedback as to which naming method everybody prefers for future ROM releases.

Enjoy!

• By Baron von Lector

View File RBI Baseball Calculator
      Putting my Visual Basic college classes to good use, I've created a calculator to help determine Batter ratings when putting together RBI Baseball ROMs.  Using the data from the original RBI Baseball, I created a formula (seen here) to help determine Power and Contact ratings. 

The interface is simple.  Enter a player's batting average.  Enter a player's homeruns.  Click Calculate.

Keep in mind, this calculator is only for determining batting ratings.  Running speed and pitching calculators will come, added to the batting calculator, at a later date.

Submitter Baron von Lector Submitted 04/29/2016 Category Editors, Tools & Misc
    • By Baron von Lector

View File R.B.I. Baseball 2016
      This is the Opening Day Edition of R.B.I. Baseball, the follow-up to the previously released R.B.I. Baseball: Spring Training Edition.

All 30-teams are represented, featuring each team's Opening Day rosters (with a few minor "Editor's choice" changes).

The ratings are determined using statistics from Baseball-Reference.com and my RBI Ratings formula.

Enjoy!
      Submitter Baron von Lector Submitted 04/26/2016 Category RBI Baseball
    • By Baron von Lector
      This is the Opening Day Edition of R.B.I. Baseball, the follow-up to the previously released R.B.I. Baseball: Spring Training Edition.

All 30-teams are represented, featuring each team's Opening Day rosters (with a few minor "Editor's choice" changes).

The ratings are determined using statistics from Baseball-Reference.com and my RBI Ratings formula.

Enjoy!