Centralia, WA -- 2/14/16 -- tourney CANCELLED

manYo

bad news fellas... got a back injury this weekend, but unlike previous ones it just got more painful and debilitating instead of better, cant do anything but lie down w/o super pain... went to dr. today, he says prob a disc injury, will find out for sure soon..... anyway, im incapable of hosting this tournament, but you guys can borrow my equipment if someone else wants to host it, just lmk...... all praise to the gods, i will rise again to host a tourney in their name, i swear it!!!

Edited by manYo

I should be more clear..... this tournament is not cancelled, but POSTPONED for a later date, sometime in the next few months (before Madison)........ stay tuned!

Here's a promotional image.  First, the background story: Prometheus was an ancient Greek dude who got all full of himself, decided to steal the fire of the gods and give it to humans, etc.  Well, the gods didn't like that little bit of hubris, so punished him by tying him to a mountaintop and having an eagle eat his liver every day, and then regenerated at night, for the rest of eternity....... which is what they'll do to you as well, puny tecmo players, if you do not praise them for all the good things you accomplish in Tecmo....... all praise to the gods!

8bitprometheus_zpsrjmaxfym.jpeg

I'm going to go ahead and reschedule this for Sunday, February 14 guys......... it's good for a few reasons, I think:

• it's the Sunday after the Super Bowl, which has pretty much always been the official start of TECMO SEASON for me personally (football withdrawals)
  • it's the week before Madison.... so those of us who are going, like me, can get some fresh console games in so we can represent properly
  • there is no school the next day (President's Day)..... so no work for a few of us I know about for sure
  • my kids are out of town, so they don't have to get their ears burned off listening to the tec-shanigans spilling out from the Dojo (haha, as if I havent anointed them a 1000 times over already with Ernie Jones's middle name!)

Let's do it.

Edited by manYo

Man, phuq Valentine's Day, amirite!?!?  I guess that shit is the 14th...... ok well for those of you not going to some mud spa for the entire weekend, or whatever shit you guys do for the wifeys....... let me know if Sat. or Mon. of that same weekend would work better----but cmon man, find that angle now and start working it!  TBK, I know yr good........ ;)

4 minutes ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

You should know better than to go dirtbike ridin', and try to copy all the moves you learned from Exite Bike when the date of the Tournament is SO CLOSE!!!...........................................Tecmo god damnit Manyo!

not Excitebike, more like Ice Hockey or Pitfall from playing the enforcer in our monthly floor hockey games and scrambling thru the woods hours on end these past few months, had a naGGing back injury for awhile, shit who knows why just givin it hell....... but what did me in officially and slipped the disc was i got sick last week, couldn't sleep well but battled it out thru the work week...... then saturday all i did was f'n COUGH!...... haha, goodbye disc, old man style: now can barely feel my left leg and foot, cant walk w/o extreme pain even loaded up on painkillers and homemade cannabutter and some steroids the doc gave me (wish i could do some pushups, haha)......... can't even make it over to the Dojo for Xmas dinner tomorrow, let alone a tecmo tourney.......... sorry not sorry actually, cuz all I'm doing is sitting here advancing my tecmo game into the next stratosphere!...... frankly alll i feel sorry for is you fuckers given how good this injury been for my tecmo game.............. laying down, but LEVELING UP!!!! hahahahhaaaa

• DFM changed the title to Centralia, WA - 02/14/16 - Manyo's Mayhem 6: A Celebration of the Tecmo Gods
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2015 at 5:56 AM, manyo360 said:
3 hours ago, manyo360 said:

i dont think many of you planned on coming to this anyway, but I'll go ahead and make it official and cancel this tourney........... PNWTC5 will be coming up this summer, date TBD, and will likely be my final organized tourney.

Bitter meet sweet

• DFM unpinned this topic