their battling tecmo souls

before the Gods' almighty Review

and accept their Decrees

as Ultimate Tecmo Fate.

Lorenzo-White-Fumble-1.gifpost-14470-0-56302400-1438964894.png

DATE: Sunday, February 14, 2016

PLACE: Centralia, WA @ Manyo’s

SCHEDULE (subject to change):

• 11am-1pm: Preseason (registration, scrims, food/drink)
  • 1pm-8pm: Tecmo Tourney

WHO'S IN SO FAR?

1. Manyo
  2. Gripsmoke (QUESTIONABLE)
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???
  6. ???
  7. ???
  8. ???
  9. ???
  10. ???
  11. ???
  12. ???

MAYHEM 6 FORMAT:

• There will be one console station with an Everdrive cart... details TBD.
  • This tournament will be run World-Cup style, with a round robin portion (AKA the "regular season"), and a double-elim bracket tournament for the championship (AKA the "playoffs")...... details:
    • REGULAR SEASON (ROUND ROBIN):
      • the PLAYER matchups for this portion of the tourney will be randomized for the first round, AKA drawn out of a hat..... then determined chess-ladder style after that.
      • we'll play as many rounds as we can fit in until it's time to start the bracket tourney (that exact time is TBD and depends largely on how many people show up).
      • the regular season results will be used to seed the bracket tourney later, so no eliminations here.
      • the TEAM matchups will be determined in the following way: before the tournament, everyone will submit a matchup (no duplicates accepted), and before each round we will draw one of those matchups from a hat, which will be the matchup for every game in that round... then players roll the dice to see who gets to choose either their team or controller side..... each matchup can only be pulled once.
      • one caveat though for the team matchups: there will be an everdrive rom at one console station, which will include a few special matchups (TBD)...... as for who gets to play on this console and when? I'll figure that out soon.
    • PLAYOFFS (CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKET):

• the playoffs will consist of a seeded double-elim bracket

• the team matchups here will open up to madison-style (roll dice, winner calls matchup, loser chooses team or controller-side)

• each player can only call a specific matchup one time in the playoffs, unless it includes a *special* matchup on the Everdrive cart.... details for that TBD.

TOURNAMENT AND IN-GAME RULES:

• Team Matchups: see format details above
  • No rushing with WR or TE: Here is the breakdown as to who can play what position.  RBs can play RB, WR, or TE, and have no restrictions at these positions.  WRs can play RB, WR, or TE, but they may never run the ball from the running back position, only reverses from the wide receiver position.  TEs may play RB, WR, or TE, but they may never run the ball from the running back position, only reverses from the wide receiver position. 
    • NOTE: Some teams have WRs in the RB2 slot as a default (e.g. WAS and HOU), but those WRs are still not allowed to run the ball. 
    • Please help to educate your opponent as to this rule if you see that he or she does not seem to be aware of its existence.  If someone breaks the rule, call Manyo over to determine what to do next, if necessary.
  • Ties: No such thing as a “tie” in this tournament. If a game ends in a tie after overtime, a new game will begin, and the first player to score ("sudden death") in the new game is the winner.  In this case, players must use the same playbooks as they had in the regulation game.  Also, whoever received the kickoff in the first overtime must kickoff in the 2nd OT (the “new game”).
  • Lurching: To "lurch" is to use one of your defensive linemen to dive in at the very beginning of the play and either sack the QB or tackle the RB before those plays really had a chance to develop. Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL…

When crossing over the line of scrimmage WITHIN the restricted circle (SEE GRAPHIC BELOW) with a DL, before making a play on the ball carrier, you must first bump or grapple with an opposing player who is not the ball carrier. However, there are no restrictions on DL when the offense is in the shotgun or when crossing over the line of scrimmage OUTSIDE the restricted circle."

lurching.gif

• 4th Man Down: Using the LB1 (4th man down) to attempt to block Field Goals or Extra Points WILL be allowed at anytime during this tournament.
  • Coin Toss: Do not skip the coin toss unless both players agree to do so before the game.
  • Onside Kicks: Onside kicks are allowed at any time, in any situation.
  • Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive, or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
  • Controllers: Players are not allowed to bring their own controller to use in games.  Nor are they allowed to switch controllers on the machine without prior agreement from both players.  If there is a problem with a controller, notify your opponent AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, and if you guys can’t come to a solution on your own, ask Manyo… and again, the earlier in the game the better.  Outside controllers are welcome, but they are not allowed to travel with a player throughout the tournament.
  • Tournament Disputes: Manyo is the tournament referee. He will decide all disputes unless he is a player in the game. If he is, then Kamphuna will resolve the dispute.  If they’re both playing, then someone else will decide, we’ll see.
  • Etiquette: It is suggested that you say good luck before, and good game after each contest.  Above all, remember to have fun, battle hard, and know that the Tecmo Gods WILL play their role in determining your fate in this tournament.

FOOD/DRINK/EXTRA: a BBQ and full kitchen will be available, bring your own food and fixins... same goes for beer: BYOB.

FEES/PRIZES: $20 entry fee.  Payouts will be: 2nd place gets their money back, and 1st place gets the rest.  There might be some prizes, I gotta think on that for a bit.......

LIVE STREAM: see 2nd post in this thread for more info on the live stream

7c0aaf75-60cf-4f68-a079-4ef29418f96f_zps897033b3-0d0d-45be-b24d-bab458c4f5e4_zps

Edited by manYo

ok i made the thread, i just needed TBK to push me a little bit first...... I'm still marinatin' a bit on the details, but this time I'm thinking of something a little crazy on the Everdrive cart (and I might get a 2nd one soon, we'll see) to go with the theme of THE TECMO GODS SHALL SPEAK, namely this: random condition changes for each player on each play, and who knows what else I'll look into it.  ALSO... if we can finish the HSTL S35 draft, I can put those teams on the Everdrives to be used as well..... and the IND-IND e-dick matchup from last time will be available also.

Let me know if yr coming please (I'll send an e-mail someday soon as well).......... and/or let me know if you got any ideas or questions, MAHALO.

• DFM pinned this topic

Well................just another Tournament I'm gonna have to dominate............I don't think Gripsmoke could handle losing to me 3 times in a row!!! .........We all know who the KING of PORTLAND IS!!!  ......Wait......did I say Portland???, I meant the whole NORTH WEST!!!!!!!!!  In one month at the Tourney, ya'll should where yo diapers, cuzz ya gonna get SPANKED!!!!!  Ha hA Ha ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(p.s.   Where ya @ Teddy???  I know you feel like losing again.  I wouldn't blame you if you were in hiding! :) ) 

Edited by ~Tailback King~

On 11/27/2015, 6:59:53, manyo360 said:

ok i made the thread, i just needed TBK to push me a little bit first...... I'm still marinatin' a bit on the details, but this time I'm thinking of something a little crazy on the Everdrive cart (and I might get a 2nd one soon, we'll see) to go with the theme of THE TECMO GODS SHALL SPEAK, namely this: random condition changes for each player on each play, and who knows what else I'll look into it.  ALSO... if we can finish the HSTL S35 draft, I can put those teams on the Everdrives to be used as well..... and the IND-IND e-dick matchup from last time will be available also.

Let me know if yr coming please (I'll send an e-mail someday soon as well).......... and/or let me know if you got any ideas or questions, MAHALO.

Sounds super dope. 

Fuck! I'm out. 

Got a new baby. Got tix to the Hawks the next day. Two consecutive days being MIA due to drunken debauchery is too much too soon. I should be in on the next one... 

TBK, this tournament is to honor the gods, so you should silently secede before you spout off such slanderous sacrilege. I am the one foretold by the tecmo gods' prophecy "And the instrument of death shall emerge....and he will whoop Rudy's bitch ass for talking stupid shit."

manyo, I'm like 90% sure I can make it.

ted, you have to start the pattern of consecutive days of drunken debauchery right away. It sets a precedent. 

^^^Ha hA Ha Ha ha!!!!!!!!  There's only one instrument of death prophisized by the Tecmo Gods to knocc off and DE-THROWN all past, former, and present Tecmo Champs......and you can find and meet the weapon first hand in the PHX backfield, with the mark of the beast #39 carved onto the back of his crimson uniform.....You can try to stop the inevitable, but eventually all former champions will crumble, fall, and then kneel at the feet of the chosen one!!!  The tides are turning, and the dawn of new Champion awaits.  It's only a matter of time................................a short time.  

Edited by ~Tailback King~

Sorry fellas. While my regular tournament record has fallen off, my Mayhem record is off the charts.

TBK, I think it's high time you started backing up your "prophecies" with A-C-T-I-O-N.

Mayhem has been Kamp's time to shine (even puke n rally kind), and I will be back to defend my Mayhem Mastery.

Sincerely,

Kamp da Mayhem Maestro

Where the hells' Randy at?????????????  Don't you think it's bout time you start showin' yo face round these parts again???........Bring yo a$$ outta hiding so I can beat you and send yo a$$ home with a legitimate excuse why you can't show up to the next 9 Tournaments in a row!!!  Ha ha Ha ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, gripsmoke said:

Upgrade my status from probable to ACTIVE.

I won't be driving this time, so I do have a hard stop at 7 so I can take an Amtrak home. 

ok no problem, let me know if you need picked up at the train station and what time....... I'll shift the times back soon once I get a more solid feel for who all is coming and whatnot.

also on the 26th, I'll be sure to be showing two football games: UW bowl game at 11am, and NFL's WAS @ PHI that evening at 5 (which very well might decide the NFC Least)..... looking forward to the football fun on this day!

working on a few prizes at the moment, TBA latah......

Chalky White said he's in 100%, but I gotta see it to believe it......and I won't believe it until I see him at my front steps of my house at 8:00 am on Saturday morning!!!!!!!  Money V is probable...he goose egged in the win column last tourney, that's probably why he ain't 100.....Ha hA Ha ha Ha!!!!!!!!  

UPDATE: Dong Quixote says he plans on attending service at the tecmo temple, so we're at 7 guys more or less right now....... but there will also be whoever emerges from the smoky den of the turtle van along with TBK, and typically it's a last week text sort of thing to recruit a few others like vader and stu, etc...... I'll work on those guys and sort out some other tourney details this weekend and/or early next week when I got time off, just gotta put this work week to bed then i'm all about it......... mahalo.