Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
davefmurray

Tecmo XII Stream - Info + More

65 posts in this topic

Tecmo XII will be my fourth time flying up to the tundra that is Madison to run the live stream of the event for non-attendees, giving them a chance to experience the event.

This thread will constantly be updated with all the happenings as they come in. My 24/7 stream test will go live after Thanksgiving.

My goals for the stream are:

• Announce the ACTUAL schedule (ahem*qb_browns*ahem)
  • Better connectivity
  • Better announcer sound quality
  • Better announcer booth
  • Increase viewer count through channeled promotion

I plan to do a few extra things this year:

• Bring video cameras to document
  • Use post production to edit these videos
  • Supply a slight documentary-style video of Tecmo XII
  • Interview players before and after for various TSB videos to come

-------------

I need HELP this year! I need volunteers for the following tasks/equipment:

• GoPros - Have one? Can we use it for the event? You must be able to upload the files in their entirety after the event.
  • DSLRs / Higher End Cameras - Have one? Want to help record or let us use your rig?
  • Camera Volunteer - Take my DSLR around and record the event as it is happening
  • Mic Holder - follow around this guy ( ^^ ) and get some audio of what is being filmed.
  • Stream Setup Help - Pre-tournament I am looking for those with OBS experience to help troubleshoot. Audio desync is the main issue. (Let me know in Madison or remote)
  • Highlight Makers - Plan on watching the stream live? Use Chrome? I NEED your help! Download the Oddshot.tv plugin (free)

If you can help wth any of the above, please reply. I'll have a list going of who is doing what so we can all keep track.

Volunteer List
Neerrm - Stream setup

Jimsocks13 - Camera man, dancing machine

Green Majik - General help

Sign me up for stream setup help.

Sweet!

Which flavor? in Madison or remote

I am willing to help anyway that I am capable, which means mostly manual labor.

I also have a HandyCam that I usually bring if you need some footage. I thought about last year doing interviews and/or trivia similar to the show "Billy on the Street", which if you haven't seen is defiantly worth giving a look.

Just message or tweet me Dave if you have anything in mind I can do to help.

Edited by JimSocks13

@Neerrm - I possess an RGB modded NES top loader. Do you have any earthly idea if you can the use rgb out AND the s-video/rca out concurrently? Google is failing. I can actually test when I get my stream stuff out of the roadcases, but won't get to that for a number of days.

On 12/9/2015 at 2:02 PM, vogtcd11 said:

Please, please, please throw a GoPro on MattyV! 

We should put a GoPro mount on his beer glass so we can get a full POV of his chugging talent.

On 12/11/2015 at 1:15 PM, davefmurray said:

@Neerrm - I possess an RGB modded NES top loader. Do you have any earthly idea if you can the use rgb out AND the s-video/rca out concurrently? Google is failing. I can actually test when I get my stream stuff out of the roadcases, but won't get to that for a number of days.

I do not, sorry :(

On 12/11/2015 at 1:15 PM, davefmurray said:

I would guess yes

18 hours ago, davefmurray said:

Since this is the last go-round, this is gonna get real.

@Knobbe  @qb_browns - get ready.

Well now I have to stop talking for the rest of January to get my vocal cords ready for this...

@Knobbe @davefmurray We can move this question to another thread or poll or something, but given the current field of 102 competitors, who do people want to see prior to the Elite 8?

3 hours ago, qb_browns said:

Well now I have to stop talking for the rest of January to get my vocal cords ready for this...

@Knobbe @davefmurray We can move this question to another thread or poll or something, but given the current field of 102 competitors, who do people want to see prior to the Elite 8?

........are you saying that we can get preferred matchups on stream?!

20 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

........are you saying that we can get preferred matchups on stream?!

I'm not making any promises, but if we're going to do this right, I wouldn't mind setting aside 1 TV for the early round stream and throwing preferred games up there. I think I might be able to pull that off. 

2 minutes ago, qb_browns said:

I'm not making any promises, but if we're going to do this right, I wouldn't mind setting aside 1 TV for the early round stream and throwing preferred games up there. I think I might be able to pull that off. 

2fed345b9d2a5ce25605a3be79242671e05de80a

Here is my current thinking on the logistics of the pool round for the stream:

*We establish a "stream TV" (main stage TV or whatever euphemism works)

*We select 4 guys to play their opening round games in order on the "stream TV." So we would start with off the top of my head Psycho's opening game, Coconuts' opening game, Orenga's opening game, Bruddog's opening game

*We select 4 guys to play their second round games (the semis of pool play) in order on the "stream TV" who were not in the first set of games. So then Chet plays his game, DaBoy plays his game, Gripsmoke plays his game, Matt Miller plays his game. 

*We select 4 guys to play their third round games (the finals of pool play) in some order on the "stream TV" who were not in the first or second set of games. 

*When the bracket is complete, we pick the best matchup of a round and place it on the stream TV through the championship. 

Pros: As the Tournament Director day of, I have the ability to organize the games in an order that would put a guy on the stream without disrupting his own pool. We also get the ability to "schedule" games in advance so the early round games can have some hype from a "who's who" of the Tecmo community playing. 

Cons: We need the opponents of the "famous" guys to be on their game and not out smoking or going to Qdoba. 

3 minutes ago, qb_browns said:

Cons: We need the opponents of the "famous" guys to be on their game and not out smoking or going to Qdoba. 

Better get me early, Not my fault if my opponents can't handle good weed.

On 1/7/2016 at 9:49 AM, qb_browns said:

*We establish a "stream TV" (main stage TV or whatever euphemism works)

*We select 4 guys to play their opening round games in order on the "stream TV." So we would start with off the top of my head Psycho's opening game, Coconuts' opening game, Orenga's opening game, Bruddog's opening game

*We select 4 guys to play their second round games (the semis of pool play) in order on the "stream TV" who were not in the first set of games. So then Chet plays his game, DaBoy plays his game, Gripsmoke plays his game, Matt Miller plays his game. 

*We select 4 guys to play their third round games (the finals of pool play) in some order on the "stream TV" who were not in the first or second set of games. 

*When the bracket is complete, we pick the best matchup of a round and place it on the stream TV through the championship. 

Pros: As the Tournament Director day of, I have the ability to organize the games in an order that would put a guy on the stream without disrupting his own pool. We also get the ability to "schedule" games in advance so the early round games can have some hype from a "who's who" of the Tecmo community playing. 

That's essentially the idea I had in 2013, but we had no clout. It'd be pretty fantastic to get this in action.

23 minutes ago, Neerrm said:

That's essentially the idea I had in 2013, but we had no clout. It'd be pretty fantastic to get this in action.

A large part of why that wouldn't have worked in 2013 was that it was our triumphant return to the Badger Bowl and we weren't really sure what to expect. The following 2 years were just huge fields in which I spent most of my time as Tournament Director making sure that people actually made it to their stations on time. 

This tournament will probably skew slightly smaller than the previous ones, we know the layout and the potential issues with streaming, and we should have a better feel for making sure that those opening matchups for the "top tier" guys are present instead of wondering which random guy isn't going to show up this year.