The most TDs w/ no INTs?

Green Majik

How many passing TDs have you been able to accrue without throwing a pick? It's dang near impossible to go a whole season of slinging it without getting at least one INT, even with the best of QBs. 

QB Bernie, however, still has a clean slate five weeks into the season. Who does he think he is, Aaron Rodgers?

post-9085-0-04440200-1447487478_thumb.pn

I got through the entire season without throwing a pick with Tom Tupa..................because he only threw 3 passes all year. 

Way to fight, soldier!

I don't have to ask -- I'm sure all three passes were TDs. They don't call him "Touchdown Tupa" for nothing. 

I did it once with QB Bills had 40+ TDs. It was the best tecmo season I've ever played. No playbook changes, no NT glitches, just plain ass kicking. It was on the actual NES console. I went 16-0, Reed, and Thurmal had an amazing season.

I played an 8-8 (regular season) seattle team in the second round. QB Bills shot 3 ints and I lost 35-28 in OT. I gave up 3 KR for TDs including one to start the game and a game winner in OT.

I find myself not throwing into coverage now just to get through a season with no pics. Makes it less magical that way, but it's all good, I'll find ways to get my TDs.

After nine weeks, 52 TDs w/ no picks and counting ...

post-9085-0-45591700-1447701464_thumb.pn

Edited by Green Majik

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Funny you say that:

After my Shroedog run - it was Kelso, in the Kitchen, with the Bullwhip - I started a Young season.  he got greedy- tried to force a last-second Hail Mary in to Rice, and got picked by some Rams DB...  First, though (before Montana), I'm in Aikman-mode

How did QB BROWNS go?

On 3/12/2016 at 1:35 AM, Bolt said:

First, though (before Montana), I'm in Aikman-mode

56e65932cb9e3_TecmoSuperBowl(U)troy2-17.

Aik, man- I almost made him my 8-BITCH; until he threw a pick, 14.25 games in...

56e65eea181ac_TecmoSuperBowl(U)KMart.png56e65f54dbcc3_TecmoSuperBowl(U)Irv.png.e56e65fb766d7a_TecmoSuperBowl(U)RHorton.p

As punishment, wankass Joe Buck's "Fox" broadcast partner will be relegated to the bench, for the playoffs

56e65aec80799_TecmoSuperBowl(U)(babe1).p

Me and Joe Montegna, yo

:face01:

End of Regular-season stats:  74 PASSING TDs (+2 Rushing/ 357yds/ 5.1avg), 0 INTs.  4,854 Yards.  81.8% comp. Avg 20.4 and Rate of 244.2

All default-playbook/ No roster changes made (except for subbing-out injured players)/ No QB-injury occurred, & No resets were ever done.

56efa95c15992_TecmoSuperBowl(U)JTaylor.p56efa9c0e8a25_TecmoSuperBowl(U)JRice.png56efaa059f240_TecmoSuperBowl(U)BJones.pn

56efac03d3cd4_TecmoSuperBowl(U)Holt.png.56efac55ded7a_TecmoSuperBowl(U)Pollard.p56efab8fe6350_TecmoSuperBowl(U)DCarter.p

56efa79828e5b_TecmoSuperBowl(U)Joe16-0.p  https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/Joe_Mantegna_2014.jpg/220px-Joe_Mantegna_2014.jpg  56efaeaf67637_TecmoSuperBowl(U)sf16-0.pn

Edited by Bolt

• All pass plays
  • No QB scrambling past the line of scrimmage
  • No punts
  • No FGs
  • No lurching on defense
  • COM playbooks not changed
  • Everett injured twice during season
  • Played on console

Regular Season was 104 TDs /  0 INTs Everett and Long combined.  Greene had 87 Sacks.

With playoffs it was 115 TDs / 0 INTs (two TDs were kick returns by Aaron Cox in Super Bowl).  Greene finished with 99 Sacks (the last play of the game was a dive fumble and it would have been sweet to finish on 100 exactly.

This was super difficult considering I did not scramble for first downs and had many turnovers not being able to punt or kick FGs.

*Note that I played a season before this and threw a pick in Week 17 after 107 TDs.  The frustration was high as I gambled throwing to Flipper in the 3rd quarter and was picked in the end zone by Nesby Glascow.

*All be it purposeful, this is the first time in my 24 years of playing this game that i finished a season with no INTs.

IMG_20160323_225437.jpg

IMG_20160323_225745.jpg

Joe Don't Play Dat.

He hands off each run-play, every game.  Heck- he even takes it on his own from time-to-time!  [And NEVER lurch.]  All console is still Flippin' cool doe, mane

56f5a3c5a1d59_TecmoSuperBowl(U)JoeP1.png    56f5a462bff0f_TecmoSuperBowl(U)JoeP2.png

J. Rice 4 TDs, J. Montana TD scamper          Take what the Defense gives you...  J. Taylor 3 1st-Half TDs (before 3rd-qtr injury),

R. Craig TD RECEPT, J. Montana TD scamper,

T. Rathman TD fumble recovery (of J. Montana scamper)

56f5e97005e1d_TecmoSuperBowl(U)sbxix-red?  sbXIX, a redux:  56f5dbe607eb3_TecmoSuperBowl(U)Joesb.png

4 fgs - even a 65-yarder - won't cut it, MIA...  M. Sherrard 3 TDs, J. Rice TD

That's what SUP

BO

56f5dfcabe332_TecmoSuperBowl(U)Craig.png56f5e0d563890_TecmoSuperBowl(U)Helton.pn56f5e11829c92_TecmoSuperBowl(U)BParis.pn

End of Joe-rney stats:  74 + 12 = 86 TDs, 0 INTs.  {+ 4 total Rushing...  = a Cool 90.}

"oh."

https://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/260133.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1

Edited by Bolt
sbXIX, a redux

On 3/24/2016 at 10:14 PM, Tecmo Psycho said:
  • All pass plays
  • No QB scrambling past the line of scrimmage
  • No punts
  • No FGs
  • No lurching on defense
  • COM playbooks not changed
  • Everett injured twice during season
  • Played on console

Regular Season was 104 TDs /  0 INTs Everett and Long combined.  Greene had 87 Sacks.

With playoffs it was 115 TDs / 0 INTs (two TDs were kick returns by Aaron Cox in Super Bowl).  Greene finished with 99 Sacks (the last play of the game was a dive fumble and it would have been sweet to finish on 100 exactly.

This was super difficult considering I did not scramble for first downs and had many turnovers not being able to punt or kick FGs.

*Note that I played a season before this and threw a pick in Week 17 after 107 TDs.  The frustration was high as I gambled throwing to Flipper in the 3rd quarter and was picked in the end zone by Nesby Glascow.

*All be it purposeful, this is the first time in my 24 years of playing this game that i finished a season with no INTs.

DAMN!

And nice pics. Console is king.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, _DEBERG said:

It's cool to see Jim Everett getting some love. He's one of my favorite Tecmo quarterbacks. He always blesses me with great luck when I use the Rams. 

Yeah, started a Everett *and Wilhelm* season, before you posted.  He's flippin' that thing around the yard

19 hours ago, Bolt said:

Yeah, started a Everett *and Wilhelm* season, before you posted.  He's flippin' that thing around the yard

Everett to Flipper Anderson and Henry Ellard, all day long....

It's a shame he's only ever remembered for the incident with Jim Rome. Everett was a good quarterback who probably would've been amazing had he been on better teams.