Fun playoff scenarios

Green Majik

What's your favorite playoff scenarios? I like it when lower tier man v man teams, like the Saints or Jets, but especially the Seahawks or Packers, make the playoffs. The CPU Seahawks seem to make the playoffs a significant number of times considering 1) they are probably the third worst man v man team, and 2) they are in a division with the Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos and Chargers. The last two teams have poor default playbooks bringing them down, but the Seahawks have no business hanging with the other two. 

I also like it when one division is overly represented in a playoff field. I am about to play my first playoff game with my 16-0 Pats, only to find I have two AFC East division rivals standing in my way. Now that's a heated division title race!

post-9085-0-86426700-1447262370_thumb.pn

• 1 month later...

I agree, I love it when lower-tier teams make it far...

On a side note, I rarely have seen a season played where the 49ers or Giants didn't make the playoffs at all, I don't think I've ever seen it if I'm an AFC team and don't play them.

The Niners dominate their division, it's not fair. They are WAY better than the other NFC west teams.

• 2 months later...

The Seahawks have a really great playbook compared to most other teams. I have gone seasons where I struggled against SEA late in the season, then rolled through the playoffs against the likes of the 49ers and Giants, who both have pretty shitty playbooks. Although I just finished an undefeated season with the Pats, only to lose against the 49ers in the Super Bowl. 

One time I saw the Saints beat the 49ers in the playoffs. That's once in probably thousands of seasons. I've also seen DAL, WAS, and PHI beat the Giants on occasion. 

Approaching the end of my second ever "Safeties only Season" with the Bungles. Fulcher, Brooks and Co. just beat their division rival Steelers (my first choice for safeties only season), and I'm on my way to the playoffs as either the 2nd or 3rd seed.

With one week left in the season, four AFC teams have clinched playoff births. What's exciting is there are six AFC teams hanging on for dear life for the coveted fifth and sixth spots.

WHO WILL THEY BE?!?!

I won't post the answer until I've got at least three guesses.

56d51ece74a05_CINplayscenE.png.408b4ecb556d51ee5cbb71_CINplayscenC.png.949176aee56d51eee7c462_CINplayscenW.png.51c23cf5a