Madison, WI - 02/20/16 - Tecmo XII: There's Something About Barry

sonofpatbeach

On 1/10/2016 at 2:17 AM, sonofpatbeach said:

Of course, all of this will change within the next few days, but fun to start looking at it this way.  For the elite players that haven't registered yet, we can readjust the seeds if you sign up before 1/20, but can't make any promises after that. I'm looking at you: Sconnie, daboy, Mort, O'Toole, Streiber, Arncoem, Adversity, joeygats, and disastamasta. I've sent you an email :)  If anyone can confirm that one of these guys CANNOT make it, please post it on this thread.

As his unofficial agent/manager/publicist: Should know by tomorrow/Wednesday if he's coming to make his debut & finale at Madison, but if Matty DeGeorge makes the trip I would STRONGLY suggest seeding him (back to back NYC titles, knocked out by Arncoem this year), rather than tossing him into the general mix.

Edited by hoigaard

Well done lad ( Eamon ). Visit madison 4 the tecmo and stay for the spotted cow!!! I w asked around to guys near u but jordan rodgers is flying in and i dont know the guy from erie. Hmu 4 games if u get in early I'm taking the train. 

Edited by red98sethuthut

5 minutes ago, red98sethuthut said:

Well done lad ( Eamon ). Visit madison 4 the tecmo and stay for the spotted cow!!! I w asked around to guys near u but jordan rodgers is flying in and i dont know the guy from erie. Hmu 4 games if u get in early I'm taking the train. 

For sure. I might just take the train since it's not that expensive.

15 hours ago, hoigaard said:

As his unofficial agent/manager/publicist: Should know by tomorrow/Wednesday if he's coming to make his debut & finale at Madison, but if Matty DeGeorge makes the trip I would STRONGLY suggest seeding him (back to back NYC titles, knocked out by Psycho this year), rather than tossing him into the general mix.

This is potentially great news BUT.......I don't think Tecmo Psycho eliminated him at this past NYC. Matty D. is a great player for sure. Hope he makes the trip.

5 hours ago, suicideking81 said:

This is potentially great news BUT.......I don't think Tecmo Psycho eliminated him at this past NYC. Matty D. is a great player for sure. Hope he makes the trip.

You are correct, my mistake. I was 8 bourbons in at that point in the tourney. Post has been corrected.

2 hours ago, sonofpatbeach said:

For those of you who don't know Leif, he's kind of a big deal: http://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/587686-tecmo-super-bowl/faqs

As far as I know, i'm the only person on this forum who has ever stayed the night at Leif Powers' house. It's part of the reason I have the nickname "Tecmo Godfather"

10 hours ago, Knobbe said:

As far as I know, i'm the only person on this forum who has ever stayed the night at Leif Powers' house. It's part of the reason I have the nickname "Tecmo Godfather"

No Tick, Palik, or ArtVandelay in the sleepover? Speaking of the latter two, maybe they'll reconsider coming to Madison now that the living legend is in.

14 hours ago, sonofpatbeach said:

For those of you who don't know Leif, he's kind of a big deal: http://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/587686-tecmo-super-bowl/faqs

Dave/Bailey/Knobbe please get a Leif interview on the livestream so it can be captured in the Tecmo annals forever.

Also players, don't forget to mix in his approved taunts.  

"I guess cheerleaders get breast implants to absorb your incoming passes."

"Are you Groganing again?"

"In golf, that kind of thing is called a bogey. In football, it's called pathetic."

1 hour ago, moulds33 said:

Dave/Bailey/Knobbe please get a Leif interview on the livestream so it can be captured in the Tecmo annals forever.

Also players, don't forget to mix in his approved taunts.  

"I guess cheerleaders get breast implants to absorb your incoming passes."

"Are you Groganing again?"

"In golf, that kind of thing is called a bogey. In football, it's called pathetic."

I have a decade to catch up on

14 hours ago, sonofpatbeach said:

Do you know whether arncoem is planning on making the trip this year? Haven't heard from him.

As of a few minutes ago he said he's out for this year. But he did say he'd run it by the powers that be again tonight and see if anything changes.

Unrelated, ESPN just launched an eSports vertical today (http://espn.go.com/esports/). Wonder if we can get some coverage for the farewell tour. I'll ask "my guy" if he knows anything.