Madison, WI - 02/20/16 - Tecmo XII: There's Something About Barry

sonofpatbeach

2 minutes ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

Hey Dave...  if I show up to MADISON i'm gonna kick yo a$$...in tecmo, and on da street...you wanna sensor me??? you can't handle the truth...and any body who agrees with you, can ki$$ my a$$...and that's as simple as it gets...if and when I  ever play against you, I will smash yo a$$ and run up da score so far, you'll think you were in PHX gettin' a sun tan and an enima at the same time!!!  punk muthaphukka!!!  edit that beeyaaatch!!!

(p.s.  You got the guts to post this???...................................doubt it.   

Nobody's nervous.

40 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

Nobody's nervous.

You should be...  if I actually decided to come to Madison, I would make it a personal vendetta to knocc y a$$ out da tournament first round and make yo a$$ realize who, and anybody body else who wanna fucc wit me know who tha tru Tecmo Golden Child really iz.........then you could sensor me all you want...after you and all yo buddys from yo po dunk towns get embarassed and sent home with there tail between there legs, you'll understand what the the fucc I'm talkin' bout...fo real!!!  Tailback King didn't miss out on MADISON...................MADISON missed out on TAILBACK KING.  Believe that.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

9 minutes ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

You should be...  if I actually decided to come to Madison, I would make it a personal vendetta to knocc y a$$ out da tournament first round and make yo a$$ realize who, and anybody body else who wanna fucc wit me know who tha tru Tecmo Golden Child really iz.........then you could sensor me all you want...after you and all yo buddys from yo po dunk towns get embarassed and sent home with there tail between there legs, you'll understand what the the fucc I'm talkin' bout...fo real!!!  Tailback King didn't miss out on MADISON...................MADISON missed out on TAILBACK KING.  Believe that.

Your angst is misguided. Dude, I WANT you to come to Madison. I've been asking you to come for years now! I want to drink beers with you and chill. If you want in, I got your plane ticket. You can even crash with me and bruddog (coughcough) too.

4 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

Your angst is misguided. Dude, I WANT you to come to Madison. I've been asking you to come for years now! I want to drink beers with you and chill. If you want in, I got your plane ticket. You can even crash with me and bruddog (coughcough) too.

You still ain't sent me my Johnny Johnson against the world T~shirt like you said!!!  REMEMBER!!!  The WHIMPS vs the WHOEVERS GONNA LOSE...???

11 minutes ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

You still ain't sent me my Johnny Johnson against the world T~shirt like you said!!!  REMEMBER!!!  The WHIMPS vs the WHOEVERS GONNA LOSE...???

I'm not sure what you are referring to as I can't make one-off shirts, but maybe it was a cart or something? I'll get you whatever it was. Regardless, I've flown people out to Madison two years in a row. The offer is legit.

I really hope people in this Tourney don't forget just how good Johnny Johnson really is...People like ta go with trends and follow like sheep, but if you wanna pull off an upset victory, you better use the PHX Cardinals...............there is no defense for the one they call Johnny Johnson..................................................................Johnny Johnson does things that people that were'nt named Johnny Johnson at birth can't do...if you don't get it, you don't need to......just remember, like any great cheat or code in any great video game, Johnny Johnson WILL prevail if you truley believe...and that's a code u can't just punch in with your buttons.  

56 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

I've flown people out to Madison two years in a row. The offer is legit.

Sorry if I'm out of line but a free flight to Madison and it seems like he's declining the offer. Some quality players would jump on that offer super quick.

Edited by suicideking81

powers that be, plz dont edit my man TBK's posts, he's got a few things (ok, one thing) to say, just let the man rollllll it out......

and TBK, if dave is really offering you a plane ticket, whatchu thinking fucking take it!  me and grip will get you a spot in a hotel room, we'll figure the rest out....... and if any of these fools front on you i got your back brother, to the end..... POST IT!

13 hours ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

I've been traveling this week so some clarification for everyone on what is going on.

TBK told some poor kid (I checked and it's like a HS kid) in a thread he sucked at Tecmo when the kid was just asking for help and he got a warning which then restricted him from posting without moderation approval for a couple of days. When this happens, either guys get it or they go apeshit. TBK went Johnny Johnson on our moderation queue.

We don't ask a lot here but when you cross some sort of line and someone says something, please respect it because this isn't some shit Madden site, this is a Tecmo site. We have standards.

Thus, just chill and no really biggie here and definitely would be cool if you could make it to Madison.

I'm posting this just for fun. Now that we're up to 151 guys confirmed, and I've pinged a lot of the powerhouse players that we haven't heard from yet, we're starting to get a preliminary picture of what the seeding will look like. Assuming we ONLY use Bruddog's power rankings from the last 3 years (which we won't, we'll take other things into account), these would be your #1 seeds as of this moment:

1 Chet H. (holzy11)
2 Kyle M. (Regulator088)
3 Josh A. (Coconuts)
4 James T. (skunkerofbestinworld)
5 Derek R. (tecmopsycho)
6 Eric O. (tecmodell42)
7 Jeff B.  (thebeardofdoom)
8 Josh H. (sonofpatbeach)
9 Matt D. (Mattrick Swayze)
10 Tony O. (AverageTSBPlayer)
11 Seth B. (Virtuoso)
12 Troy H. (PrimeTime)
13 Rico R. (ryanr33fulcher)
14 Erik J. (rikfenny)
15 Matt B. (heechy)
16 Louis B. (red98sethuthut)
17 Dave B. (bruddog)
18 Justin G. (Lamefest)
19 James K. (player121xk)
20 Barry A. (Bob Nelson)
21 Joseph M. (manyo360)
22 Adam G. (Garbage)
23 Trevor O. (Trozier)
24 Nick G. (Gio)
25 Jim B. (Air Bontempo)
26 Matt G. (gripsmoke)
27 Tony J. (Dotdon)
28 Paul G. (Prime Time)
29 Kevin M. (buzzsaw)
30 Tom B. (8bit)
31 Eric D. (ding)
32 Jason S. (B.Jacknuupson)

Where it really gets fun is the regions. For instance, Region A would include holders of 5 Madison Tecmo Titles, and offer plenty of revenge games all around.

Chet H. (holzy11)
Josh H. (sonofpatbeach)
Matt D. (Mattrick Swayze)
Louis B. (red98sethuthut)
Dave B. (bruddog)
Nick G. (Gio)
Jim B. (Air Bontempo)
Jason S. (B.Jacknuupson)

Region B would pit Regulator against his white whale Orenga, and give Orenga a chance to avenge his Tundra Bowl championship loss to Jeff B.

Kyle M. (Regulator088)

Jeff B.  (beardofdoom)

Tony O. (AverageTSBPlayer)

Matt B. (heechy)

Justin G. (Lamefest)

Trevor O. (Trozier)

Matt G. (gripsmoke)

Eric D. (ding)

Region C would be stacked with all midwest power players (to my knowledge).

Josh A. (Coconuts)

Eric O. (tecmodell42)

Seth B. (Virtuoso)

Erik J. (rikfenny)

James K. (player121xk)

Adam G. (Garbage)

Tony J. (Dotdon)

Tom B. (8bit)

And Region D would be a potent blend of console vs. online talent:

James T. (skunkerofbestinworld)

Derek R. (tecmopsycho)

Troy H. (PrimeTime)

Rico R. (ryanr33fulcher)

Barry A. (Bob Nelson)

Joseph M. (manyo360)

Paul G. (Prime Time)

Kevin M. (buzzsaw)

Of course, all of this will change within the next few days, but fun to start looking at it this way.  For the elite players that haven't registered yet, we can readjust the seeds if you sign up before 1/20, but can't make any promises after that. I'm looking at you: Sconnie, daboy, Mort, O'Toole, Streiber, Arncoem, Adversity, joeygats, and disastamasta. I've sent you an email :)  If anyone can confirm that one of these guys CANNOT make it, please post it on this thread.

Edited by sonofpatbeach

16 hours ago, sonofpatbeach said:

I'm posting this just for fun. Now that we're up to 151 guys confirmed, and I've pinged a lot of the powerhouse players that we haven't heard from yet, we're starting to get a preliminary picture of what the seeding will look like. Assuming we ONLY use Bruddog's power rankings from the last 3 years (which we won't, we'll take other things into account), these would be your #1 seeds as of this moment:

Can I pay extra to stay out of the chet/regulator regions. Thanks. :-P

2 hours ago, bruddog said:

Can I pay extra to stay out of the chet/regulator regions. Thanks. :-P

You've got a solid 50% chance of dodging both of them. Depends on whether you're a glass half-full or glass help-empty kind of guy.

20 hours ago, sonofpatbeach said:

1 Chet H. (holzy11)
2 Kyle M. (Regulator088)
3 Josh A. (Coconuts)
4 James T. (skunkerofbestinworld)
5 Derek R. (tecmopsycho)
6 Eric O. (tecmodell42)
7 Jeff B.  (thebeardofdoom)
8 Josh H. (sonofpatbeach)
9 Matt D. (Mattrick Swayze)
10 Tony O. (AverageTSBPlayer)
11 Seth B. (Virtuoso)
12 Troy H. (PrimeTime)
13 Rico R. (ryanr33fulcher)
14 Erik J. (rikfenny)
15 Matt B. (heechy)
16 Louis B. (red98sethuthut)
17 Dave B. (bruddog)
18 Justin G. (Lamefest)
19 James K. (player121xk)
20 Barry A. (Bob Nelson)
21 Joseph M. (manyo360)
22 Adam G. (Garbage)
23 Trevor O. (Trozier)
24 Nick G. (Gio)
25 Jim B. (Air Bontempo)
26 Matt G. (gripsmoke)
27 Tony J. (Dotdon)
28 Paul G. (Prime Time)
29 Kevin M. (buzzsaw)
30 Tom B. (8bit)
31 Eric D. (ding)
32 Jason S. (B.Jacknuupson)

Where it really gets fun is the regions. For instance, Region A would include holders of 5 Madison Tecmo Titles, and offer plenty of revenge games all around.

Chet H. (holzy11)
Josh H. (sonofpatbeach)
Matt D. (Mattrick Swayze)
Louis B. (red98sethuthut)
Dave B. (bruddog)
Nick G. (Gio)
Jim B. (Air Bontempo)
Jason S. (B.Jacknuupson)

Region B would pit Regulator against his white whale Orenga, and give Orenga a chance to avenge his Tundra Bowl championship loss to Jeff B.

Kyle M. (Regulator088)

Jeff B.  (beardofdoom)

Tony O. (AverageTSBPlayer)

Matt B. (heechy)

Justin G. (Lamefest)

Trevor O. (Trozier)

Matt G. (gripsmoke)

Eric D. (ding)

Region C would be stacked with all midwest power players (to my knowledge).

Josh A. (Coconuts)

Eric O. (tecmodell42)

Seth B. (Virtuoso)

Erik J. (rikfenny)

James K. (player121xk)

Adam G. (Garbage)

Tony J. (Dotdon)

Tom B. (8bit)

And Region D would be a potent blend of console vs. online talent:

James T. (skunkerofbestinworld)

Derek R. (tecmopsycho)

Troy H. (PrimeTime)

Rico R. (ryanr33fulcher)

Barry A. (Bob Nelson)

Joseph M. (manyo360)

Paul G. (Prime Time)

Kevin M. (buzzsaw)

Of course, all of this will change within the next few days, but fun to start looking at it this way.  For the elite players that haven't registered yet, we can readjust the seeds if you sign up before 1/20, but can't make any promises after that. I'm looking at you: Sconnie, daboy, Mort, O'Toole, Streiber, Arncoem, Adversity, joeygats, and disastamasta. I've sent you an email :)  If anyone can confirm that one of these guys CANNOT make it, please post it on this thread.

Mort said (Via atext ) that he would sign up this week. I owe Lou Raguse (newsman) a game. The only tourney i won was partly because he had to leave Buffalo Bounty II tourney to do the local news. He used to live in buffalo then moved to Minny. I always wondered what woulda happened. 

Edited by red98sethuthut
spelli ng

On 1/9/2016 at 7:56 AM, suicideking81 said:

Sorry if I'm out of line but a free flight to Madison and it seems like he's declining the offer. Some quality players would jump on that offer super quick.

I'm not declining anything!!!  If it were up to me. I would have been at the last 4 of these things.............My work schedule alwayz gets in the way.