Madison, WI - 02/20/16 - Tecmo XII: There's Something About Barry

sonofpatbeach

20 hours ago, Mr. Anderson said:

Just Booked my flights and hotel.  Gonna be arriving on the 18th.  I'll be in the block of rooms at the Clarion.  Got my own room as I won't be traveling with anyone and like having a room to myself

@Beef Juice I have never met you gentlemen, but if you have some practice games for fun before the tourney, at the hotel or at Badger Bowl, could I join you?

I got a laptop with 2 xbox controllers and a rom of tecmo superbowl on it.  I'll private message you my cell later if it's cool

No problem man. We'll have a system in our room set up. You're more than welcome to join us.

On 1/21/2016 at 9:11 PM, sonofpatbeach said:

Orenga and I are going to be out of the country on vacation for the next few weeks, with little or no access to the Interwebs. Chet and Bailey will be holding down the fort while we're gone. Expect web site updates to be slower, and certainly responses on here to be slower. The good news is that most people have already registered for the tournament, and we've seeded most of the field.

Finally taking that Hedonism Cruise together I see. Good for you guys.

Update for those out there not obsessively following the website, we have reached 259 participants. As was posted here earlier, spots 1 - 252 are guaranteed a spot in the tournament. 253 - 268 are in a play-in tournament on Friday (if the first 252 all show up). 

We have never turned anyone away before and in most years have used not only everyone on the wait list, but byes, drunk fools, and other methods to fill out the tournament. 

3 hours ago, davefmurray said:

Attn: @Maynard_G_Krebs 

I do not see your name on the participants list.

Everything was wide open for two weeks, and Bodom and I were even talking about making something happen, but then out of no where last week an opportunity to put together a show at my work theatre came about on the topic of the Boston Marathon Bombing from 2013. We'd be in the middle of the process of this show by the end of February, so it looks like I'm out. :(

Thanks for reaching out, though, Dave. :thumbsup:

In case you didn't see it already there is an official beer swap thread now ====> BEER SWAP

If you like beer and want to exchange with folks for some different stuff you may normally not get in your neck of the woods, come check it out.

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Thanks for the advice

It's not so much it's my weak matchup (it could be, i dunno. we're about even against each other), but it's been a reoccurring theme at the PNW tournaments where he calls that matchup, and I keep forgetting he called it before (because of the beer), and then I agonize over what to pick.

2 hours ago, gripsmoke said:

It's not so much it's my weak matchup (it could be, i dunno. we're about even against each other), but it's been a reoccurring theme at the PNW tournaments where he calls that matchup, and I keep forgetting he called it before (because of the beer), and then I agonize over what to pick.

Often in PNW tournaments, one's biggest hurdle to overcome is oneself ;-) #pukenrally

20 minutes ago, Nos said:

Dammit.

Not saying it cant be won by either TB or the rams if you can't tap, just that the odds are against you there, while having 2 similar skill level of players. TB, DET, and DEN really get elevated in MAN vs MAN Tecmo, due to the scramblez.

not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but i called super 8 south today and guy said they stock their rooms with flatscreen TVs... i mentioned super 8 east's crt-tvs, and he kinda laughed and said yeah we're a little more modern than them, haha...... so hopefully as many of you local guys can bring a CRT-TV to S8S as possible so we can play real tecmo.

Guys I'm trying to convince my good friend "Pookie Pookums" to come to the last Madison tournament. Pookie is a solid player and got 2nd place at Tecmo Texas last year. He has agreed to come if I can help him find some land up north in Wisconsin or Michigan to hunt deer on. He says he'll pay for all of his license fees just need to find a place he can hunt at as we are from Texas. Does anyone have any land he could hunt for a few days during hunting season? We would be willing to offer land to hunt on for free in Texas as a trade.

On 1/28/2016 at 2:10 PM, manyo360 said:

not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but i called super 8 south today and guy said they stock their rooms with flatscreen TVs... i mentioned super 8 east's crt-tvs, and he kinda laughed and said yeah we're a little more modern than them, haha...... so hopefully as many of you local guys can bring a CRT-TV to S8S as possible so we can play real tecmo.

I'd bring one that someone can have and take home with them. I got left with an orphan TV at Tomczak Bowl that's just sitting in my garage drawing my wife's ire.

On Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 3:10 PM, manyo360 said:

Good point. If worse comes to worse will have to raid an amvet's thrift store if they have em in madison or someones curb.