Madison, WI - 02/20/16 - Tecmo XII: There's Something About Barry

sonofpatbeach

Is there a way I can change my username/nickname on this site and or the tecmo madison site?

I chose the name Mr. Anderson as its a common last name of many players in the game.  In real life the people I play with call me "The Rook" as rook is my last name

My End goal here is basically, if I get on stream during the tournament, I want to be called "The Rook" on the tournament stream so people who aren't going out to the tournament with me will know when I am playing on the stream when they watch the stream.  If changing username/nickname is not doable can you guys do me the favor of calling me "The Rook" when/if I get on stream?

Should Orenga not be able to fix my log in issue by end of the day, I might create a new account with that name so I can guarantee I get signed up for Tecmo Madison 12 in time

Edited by Mr. Anderson

13 minutes ago, Mr. Anderson said:

Is there a way I can change my username/nickname on this site and or the tecmo madison site?

I chose the name Mr. Anderson as its a common last name of many players in the game.  In real life the people I play with call me "The Rook" as rook is my last name

My End goal here is basically, if I get on stream during the tournament, I want to be called "The Rook" on the tournament stream so people who aren't going out to the tournament with me will know when I am playing on the stream.  If changing username/nickname is not doable can you guys do me the favor of calling me "The Rook" when/if I get on stream?

Should Orenga not be able to fix my log in issue by end of the day, I might create a new account with that name so I can guarantee I get signed up for Tecmo Madison 12 in time

It looks like you never activated your account. I just sent you an email. PM or email me if you don't get it to work now.

huh, I created the account over a year ago when I almost signed up for last year's madison. I could have sworn I activated it before.

I used the link in the email you sent just now and got logged in.  Was able to use the profile thing there to set my nickname as "The Rook" for the tournament

I will try to change my password in the profile to something and or reset my password once I am registered for the tournament.  If I have any other password issues I will let you know via email so I don't take up space here about it.  Thanks for your help guys.

Edited by Mr. Anderson

27 minutes ago, Mr. Anderson said:

If changing username/nickname is not doable can you guys do me the favor of calling me "The Rook" when/if I get on stream?

The chance of making it on stream are pretty slim, but if it does happen just let us know at the booth before the game starts. We talk to you guys to get the matchups anyways.

Cool.   Guess I will have to play like crazy to try to get on stream since I am mostly a nobody.

I am all signed up now.  I'll figure out the hotel booking tonight.  Do I got to do something when I talk to hotel to take advantage of the clarion deal someone mentioned earlier?  I was gonna use AAA to setup my hotel stuff otherwise

See you guys at the tournament

Edited by Mr. Anderson

2 minutes ago, moulds33 said:

Screw it, I'm coming.  I'm bringing Luke (Art) too.  

Just bought a Texans Moulds jersey to represent that I'm fat and in the twilight of my tecmo career like he was in Houston.  

So Super 8 south than?  Where the white women at?

It's Wisconsin, where aren't the white women at?

22 minutes ago, moulds33 said:

Just bought a Texans Moulds jersey to represent that I'm fat and in the twilight of my tecmo career like he was in Houston.  

50 minutes ago, moulds33 said:

Oh shit it's on!

4 hours ago, Mr. Anderson said:

Cool.   Guess I will have to play like crazy to try to get on stream since I am mostly a nobody.

This isn't the deciding factor. The sheer amount of players make it slim chances for anyone considering the relatively low volume of games played on stream.

I am disappointed that I am not going to be able to make this last tournament.. I have had a great time over the past three years and it was a great time!  I am glad I got to meet some of the guys I played online, and I had some good games with orenga but I guess everyone  remembers if they play him!! Hoigaard I remember our game with you throwing the bomb  as time expired.. I remembered I improved each each that I played and that is all my goal was.. I am sorry to see it end.. You guys put on one hell of a time with this!!  Well done!! 

1 hour ago, tecmo_magnus said:

I am disappointed that I am not going to be able to make this last tournament.. I have had a great time over the past three years and it was a great time!  I am glad I got to meet some of the guys I played online, and I had some good games with orenga but I guess everyone  remembers if they play him!! Hoigaard I remember our game with you throwing the bomb  as time expired.. I remembered I improved each each that I played and that is all my goal was.. I am sorry to see it end.. You guys put on one hell of a time with this!!  Well done!! 

Thanks for the kind words -- we're glad you enjoyed the tournament!

Here's a fun graph (a few days old) that illustrates the pace of registration from opening day through tournament day. We've never seen it this steep, this late in the game. Lots of guys signing up late for the last tournament, and/or the chance to meet the great Leif Powers in person! H/t @averagetsbplayer

Graph.png

Edited by sonofpatbeach

13 hours ago, segathonsov said:
14 hours ago, davefmurray said:

The chance of making it on stream are pretty slim, but if it does happen just let us know at the booth before the game starts. We talk to you guys to get the matchups anyways.

Just checked the updated Nielsen Ratings on the Madison Tecmo Stream.

SC supports Mort?

giphy.gif

Edited by SlaughterHouse

12 hours ago, sonofpatbeach said:

I have it on good authority that more than one sorority girl at Clemson has a Mort tattoo.   #MortRumors  

First off, thanks for that.  I now get to clean the coffee off my desk and keyboard that just got spit out everywhere....

tumblr_n7rohbXlkJ1s9yy41o2_500.0.gif

Secondly, how did you know about Knobbe's tattoo(s)?  :-D

On 1/16/2016 at 6:52 AM, RetroNathan said:

Apparently Sega has it, but it will be in my clutches as soon as he hands it over. I plan on hanging onto that amazing trophy for as long as I can, welcoming all challengers. 

I totally forgot I lost this trophy at Tomczak Bowl.

There's a lot of Super 8 South talk. I just wanted to mention again that Sega and I will be staying in the more luxurious Clarion which we can both attest is just a brisk walk away from Badger Bowl.

If someone needs a place still I'm sure you could curl up on the couch.