Forum Software Upgrade

Knobbe

yeah, the white and the fact that 4 sentences in 2 posts takes up an entire screen of space (I am using chrome, 100%).  

wow.

sorry to be such a bitch.

wasted space.png

Edited by buck

Not really that, but the Enter key behavior is hard coded to perform certain formatting rules. They changed it from line break to paragraph, which is whack. I am trying to figure out a work around. According to the Invision Power support forums we are not the only ones who hate this change.

But, yes, that is an HTML5-ish behavior that most modern apps adhere to and I do hate it.

1 hour ago, davefmurray said:

Not really that, but the Enter key behavior is hard coded to perform certain formatting rules. They changed it from line break to paragraph, which is whack. I am trying to figure out a work around. According to the Invision Power support forums we are not the only ones who hate this change.

But, yes, that is an HTML5-ish behavior that most modern apps adhere to and I do hate it.

BAM! - fixed!

suck on this

line break

IPB

Great...I also dislike this.

The second issue is the profile badge size in relation to content. This has always been this way but with the new layout I would put it in the "issue" category.

Screen+Shot+2015-11-23+at+11.19.15.png

Yup exactly...we should be able to shrink this down

Also since signatures are now enabled, people's giant ass sigs should fix a lot of the problem

11 hours ago, buck said:

yeah, the white and the fact that 4 sentences in 2 posts takes up an entire screen of space (I am using chrome, 100%).  

wow.

sorry to be such a bitch.

wasted space.png

Nah, it's good feedback. I also dislike how the Quote button isn't at the bottom of the post regardless of it's size.

15 hours ago, slim_jimmy7 said:

Whatever is decided is fine with me, but Tapatalk gets things done faster and gives alerts.  It's also nice to lump all my notifications from all forums into one place.

Edit: Does Tapatalk cause issues?

It's more about not being tied into Tapatalk and having a decent alternative on mobile.

We'll get it going again for people who like using it but when you show up on the site it's not going to prompt you to install it any more.

ok, on the "old" forum there was a way to look at recent posts/threads - but I could also filter these to omit the seemingly never-ending onslaught of what I call "online league chatter".  

does that same option still exist for me?

Is the "preview" post function (prior to submitting a post) no longer available?  

Also, when going into a thread that i have visited in the past, it used to take me to the first unread post since my last visit.  Now i'm always taken to the first post of the thread every time i click on it.  Like this thread for example, i have to click on page 2 and scroll all the way down to find the first post i didnt read.  

Edited by War Machine

9 minutes ago, War Machine said:

Is the "preview" post function (prior to submitting a post) no longer available?  

Also, when going into a thread that i have visited in the past, it used to take me to the first unread post since my last visit.  Now i'm always taken to the first post of the thread every time i click on it.  Like this thread for example, i have to click on page 2 and scroll all the way down to find the first post i didnt read.  

Click on the little icon instead of the topic title

b8d918a537.jpg

48 minutes ago, buck said:

ok, on the "old" forum there was a way to look at recent posts/threads - but I could also filter these to omit the seemingly never-ending onslaught of what I call "online league chatter".  

does that same option still exist for me?

How to fix immediately

unread1.PNG.41eeaf68f5a836fa21090f3ddbcd

Edit the stream

unread2.PNG.93f88d3a0f017b2478fd21f55754

Choose topics and then options to choose which ones

unread3.PNG.708b2c5da5f5993227af7cc34b4f

Highlight the various forums and subforums you want to follow. You do have to click one at a time unless i'm missing something

38 minutes ago, War Machine said:

Yes, preview is dunzo. Our forum now has a full WYSIWYG editor.  It stands for "What You See Is What You Get" making preview redundant.

giphy.gif

One baller thing I just noticed I didn't know was an option is that if you have notifications enabled in your browser for the site (Chrome supports this, not sure who else) when someone replies to a topic that you're currently viewing a little icon pops up for it. 

Some questions / observations...

When viewing the "Unread Content" if I click on the topic it always takes me to the first page.  Is it possible to get it to take me to the last page or the first post not yet read by me? 

Is embedding YouTube videos possible at this point?

Is Nebraska going to beat Iowa this week?

47 minutes ago, toolie said:

Some questions / observations...

When viewing the "Unread Content" if I click on the topic it always takes me to the first page.  Is it possible to get it to take me to the last page or the first post not yet read by me? 

Is Nebraska going to beat Iowa this week?

1. Try this b8d918a537.jpg

2. Looks like that has been broken. I'll check into it.

3. god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

3 hours ago, toolie said:

Figured it out. Paste in the youtube video like you did before and then hit enter. That will immediately convert it into a video before you post.