Lincoln, NE - 01/30/2016 - Tecmo Lincoln VI

Knobbe

On 1/11/2016 at 8:22 AM, noonan said:

Matt, how was the Taproom event in Omaha, NE?  Did you pickup any new blood from Omaha interested in joining the Tecmo community?

It was in Lincoln. No new blood but fun playing with some old blood.

Guys, it's been a rough 3 weeks for me work-wise.

I'm back and refreshed for the moment. Time to start putting this thing together

Here is the list. At 24 and I haven't even started promoting yet.  Will hit 30 without trying and let's see what happens

1    Jon H    Orange City, IA
2    Chris E    Wichita, KS
3    Matt K    Lincoln, NE
4    Justin P    Fort Dodge, IA
5    John K    Norfolk
6    Nicholas R    Papillion, NE
7    Nick R    Lincoln, NE
8    Robert R    Omaha, Nebraska
9    David P    Elkhorn,NE
10    Chris W    Norfolk, NE
11    Shawn R    Papillion, NE
12    Joe R    Papillion, NE
13    Luke C    Omaha, NE
14    Jeff E    Altoona, IA
15    Jordan W    Lincoln, Nebraska
16    Andy M    Omaha, NE
17    Richie B    OMAHA, NE
18    Randy W    Lincoln, NE
19    Justin E    Omaha, Nebraska
20    Matthew T    Ankeny, IA
21    jeremy s    Bondurant
22    Kramer, J    Green fields, IA
23    Derek L    Norfolk Nebraska
24    Mike P    Norfolk Nebraska

17 hours ago, Knobbe said:

Excited to announce that I have secured unopened 1990 football cards and that every participant is getting a pack!

I won a sheet of 1990 cards last year and that set me on a new adventure.  Since then I have accumulated over 700 football cards of TSB players.  I'm still about 140 short, so here hoping that one of the 1990 football card pack giveaways can add to my collection. 
I may even ask everyone to open their pack so I can buy/trade them for a card I need for my collection.
I'll bring the binder to Lincoln.

If anyone is planning on staying in a hotel near the venue on either Friday or Saturday I can tell you that everything downtown is in really good shape and basically within walking distance of the venue so it's a matter of your personal preference.  Probably the biggest thing to look for is what they might charge you for parking if anything.

2 hours ago, Knobbe said:

If anyone is planning on staying in a hotel near the venue on either Friday or Saturday I can tell you that everything downtown is in really good shape and basically within walking distance of the venue so it's a matter of your personal preference.  Probably the biggest thing to look for is what they might charge you for parking if anything.

Yeah about parking... do I get my parking validated through you for this tournament?   (jk)

13 hours ago, Tecmo-Mad-Brad said:

Crap, I assumed the taproom was in Lincoln, and not Omaha....oooppps.

Taproom was in Lincoln, not Omaha, that was my mistake.

15 hours ago, suicideking81 said:

I so want to make this tournament but I have too many tecmo travels happening in the next month.

With Madison doing its last tournament hopefully you keep this one going 1 more year and ill be able to attend

Unless I completely melt down it will happen again next year.

2 hours ago, moulds33 said:

In

There were some scheduling conflicts to overcome but I'm 99% confident now that I will be there.  I'm still questionable for the Friday night setting up/street tecmo fun.  But I'll try to make it if I can.

Good thing...I used a magic marker to write your name in

Turns out the event location has something going on Friday night so any sort of pregaming will have to be somewhere else. I'm going to see how many people we have and go from there. Unfortunately it will make things a little more stressful/hectic on Saturday but should be doable.

If you're planning on coming down Friday Night to play, you can either let me know here or via the email I sent out.

15 hours ago, Knobbe said:

Noted. When do you think you will know for sure?

A: When he gets in the car at the rendezvous point at the Atlantic/Audubon I80 exit.

He told me he's 95% IN.  His handle is "thegamer1185"

2 minutes ago, noonan said:

A: When he gets in the car at the rendezvous point at the Atlantic/Audubon I80 exit.

He told me he's 95% IN.  His handle is "thegamer1185"

You were not kidding about pencil. Got it.