challenging cpu

tecmoalpha

If any of you are tired of destroying the cpu I have an alternative to make the games a little more realistic.. good team or bad team doesn't matter..dump your starting O-line in Free agency..and pick up C joe varelio

G guy McIntyre

G Jon meander

T joe simms

T irv eatman

Give that a try all but simms have at least a 50 or better hp..

And keep your skill positions legit and build a good defense like normal..

I have played this game a ton over the years and this way has been very fun and somewhat balanced. I had one blow out 33-6

Over the redskins...that was in wk 1 & the rest of my season I had games where I edged by opponents..and some I actually

Lost or won by an average of no more than 13 or fewer points..mind you I had the Cardinals badass dfense..there was some games I didn't throw for 10 yards with Dave krieg..lol running for his life after the snap...sorry for the long read just wanted to share

Alpha... if you want a real challenge... do the following.

Determine who the best players are at each position. Then choose a team with a playbook that is really hard to play against.

Then create players over all of the players you have selected and cut them into free agency. Then sign all of those players to the team you selected.

Then delete all of the players you created.

After this, you will have a roster with all of the best players in the game on it.

Then play against this team every game of a season and see how poorly you can make them do.

Doing this will give you a lot of different play experience with other teams (minus those best players) and using different defensive styles and playbooks.

• 4 months later...

Here´s what you gonna do to buy every player you want in FA.

1. Go Trade week and picka VERY CHEAP kicker and punter (there are a couple whose FAP value is 10)

2. GO to CREATE PLAYER and create a Kicker and a punter and with the points you increase ONLY the blue bars (kicking values) and fill them up. If you dont have enough points todo that get out of create player and start again create player, this way till you can have enough points to fill the blue bars. Congratulations NOW your kicker have a FAP value of 160 and your Punter 120.

3. Go to FA. Sell your kicker and punter, acquire the most cheap K and P and with the rest of points you have sign another player or players.

4. Of course that´s not enough. Finish FA and return to point 2.

5. After you repeat point 2 and create your K and P with the guys you took from FA  runa season in SKP mode, finish the playoffs and start another offseason.

6. Go to check how many more points your K and P got in the season, so if you havent complete the blue bars now you can do it.

7. Go again ti Trade week and trade your QB for the most expensive QB inthe league (Steve Young) maybe you get him maybe not, but keep trying, if you have success, try to trade for a very expensive RB (Emmitt Smith), thta way till the 3 weeks period expires. (By experience I can tell you that the most hard players to trade are OL and DB)

8. You are again in FA, so sell Yoiung and buy QB Niners, or QB Jets (Montana or Namath) and do the same with all the expensive players you got. Remember to sell your upgrade K and P and aquire the ones you sell the prior offseason, now these guys got their original values (10) so you sell a K for 160 and a P for 120 and you got 280 points, you aacquire your old K and P just for 20 FAP´s and voila... you have 260 points to spend in another players.

9... Keep doing this until you have the players you want, could take a few seasons, for that reason you have to skip them.

Anything else, just ask!

Well.

If you want to control ALL the Trade weeks and FA, before you enter to trade mode, go to TEAM CONTROL, the you select ALL MAN, get out and start your offseason with the Trade week.

Now you gonna manage ALL the teams since Bills till 9ers...

So, if you want to benefit your team, you can send great players from other teams to your team and make a SUPER TEAM, you can do this too for gain expensive players and sell them in FA and buy better ones.

Here you have ALL control of teams, and of course, you won't be a victim of a trade you don't want.

I must tell you, this way you gonna build an amazing team, and the game would come so easy, so I strongly recommend to construct another SUPER TEAM so you have some kind of rival... of course that's your call.

Anything just ask...

BTW. If you play  ROM, here´s the last one I created, if you want to give it a try