What additional player attributes would you add?

bruddog

This somewhat belongs in the hacking document section but I thought more people might see it here. Adding,displaying, and using more attributes is definitely possible. 

All:

Injury rating

QB:

Short accuracy        (accuracy for passes where target is on screen <15 yards)

Deep accuracy       (accuracy for passes where target is off screen  >15 yards)

Intelligence              (Could effect player cyling arrow speed, improved pass/run blocking)

Ball control

Clutch                     (boosted, decreased ratings at end of halves in close games)

RB/WR/TE 

VISION/ELUSIVENESS                

BLOCKING                                  (used instead of hp when player is blocking) 

JUMPING/SPECIAL CATCH         (players abilty to jump/dive and make special catches for passes)

STYLE                                         (determines what type of move player does when doing a special move SPIN/POPCORN)

INTELLIGENCE                            (ability to get open when standing still on pass plays, ?)

OL

PASS BLOCK

RUN BLOCK

INTELLIGENCE

DEFENSE

HP                                              ( Used only for tackling

PASS RUSH                               ( Used instead of HP for pass plays before ball is released by QB)

BLOCK SHED                            ( Used for determining how quickly grapple lasts)

FORCE FUMBLE                       (  

PURSUIT                                    ( Com player reacts better to direction changes)

INTELLIGENCE                           (chance for player to switch to better play command if wrong defense called)

JUMPING/SPECIAL CATCH         (players abilty to jump/dive and make special catches for passes) 

1.) Spliting OL pass block/run block and having a defense pass rush/run stop ability would be great.For each they would determine if a popcorn happens either way.

2.) for WR having a "catch radius" attribute would be great so that all wr can't catch JJs all the time. Olny those with a large (higher) catch radius would be able to catch JJs a high percentage all the time.

3.) Even though this one is possible all ready, I'd like passing distance changed. QBs with better passing speed can throw farther. Longest possible throw should be 70 yards max, so there would be no more endzon to endzone JJS. If you try one, then the pass falls short like when bad QBs misfire the ball

4.) Every skill position has return Ability rating which provides KR/PR speed instead of using MS. So a player like johnny bailey might have a high return rating (44 -50) but a lower offensive MS (38 MS) based on ratings.

One thing that I always thought would be cool for defensive backs would be a sort of "shutdown corner" attribute - something that factored into the completion algorithm that increased the likelihood of incompletions but NOT interceptions.  I do a lot of editing rosters based on historical players, and there were a number of great DBs throughout history that didn't get a lot of picks.

And speaking of that, I would love to see a separate attribute that determined how quickly/slowly a defensive player "vacuumed" to the receiver after the ball was thrown.  Maybe it'd be called "RECOVERY SPEED" or something.   

One thing that I always thought would be cool for defensive backs would be a sort of "shutdown corner" attribute - something that factored into the completion algorithm that increased the likelihood of incompletions but NOT interceptions.  I do a lot of editing rosters based on historical players, and there were a number of great DBs throughout history that didn't get a lot of picks.

And speaking of that, I would love to see a separate attribute that determined how quickly/slowly a defensive player "vacuumed" to the receiver after the ball was thrown.  Maybe it'd be called "RECOVERY SPEED" or something.   

Ya the coverage/interceptions hack does the first thing you are describing. Wat also happens more-so with CB's than safeties who get to roam the field is that if they become know as a good corner they don't get as many chances to intercept the ball because they fewer passes thrown their way. One guy might get 3 picks on 30 targets. And another guy might  get 6 picks on 80 targets. The first guy actually has a better interception rate.

Having a zone coverage rating...would be cool to adjust their top speed/acceleration once the ball is in the air.  What you are describing could also somewhat be described as a pursuit rating. 

How about something like this...

Holding / pressing B while carrying the ball currently doesn't do anything, so what if it caused the ball carrier to decrease MS but increase their BC, simulating a player protecting the ball?  Might be tricky (if even possible) determining whether someone needs to be holding it as opposed to just tapping B at the time of the tackle... It seems like it would be tough to both hold B and tap A at the same time.   I know it's not in the spirit of the thread but it got me thinking about this. 

Edited by toolie

now this is TECMONSTER'S idea, but since he isn't chiming in I will lay it down:

his idea of QB intelligence/awareness has to do with whether or not the QB even throws to the targeted (arrow selected) receiver.  For example, a QB with a low intelligence/awareness has a certain probability that even though he would have selected and thrown to SHARPE (WR1), instead throws it to KEMP (WR2).  A QB with high intelligence/awareness throws it all the time to the selected receiver.

seems like a crazy idea, but could be fun and frustrating.

What about "Coolness".......

Oh,.........you didn't know???  There's one player who already has that attribute, and every other one Bruddog mentioned.  Vision, elusiveness, blocking, jumping, special catches, style, and intelligence???  C'mon man!!!  Bruddog just looked up Johnny Johnson in the Websters Dictionary and wrote down verbatim on this thread what he read.

yeah, and most importantly, make sure that 25% of the new attributes don't actually do anything.  you gotta keep people guessing/speculating for the next 40 years. what would we talk about without QUICKNESS?

I think each and every player no matter the position should also have a CLUTCH Attribute...too many times these games can come down to a missed fg or just plain bad luck...a turn over or field position..we have all been there at some point..but knowing exactly who to use when needed the most would really come in handy..I like knowing I hava shot on 4th and 10 airing it out with no time remaining going for a win..BUT not everyone is clutch so I'm going to put my clutch rb in the slot because he has an 81 clutch factor and I'm going to bench Mr number 3 on the depth chart wide out because I can't throw to him with his 38 clutch factor facing a 63 clutch factor corner...lol just an idea yo

I mean how many super bowl rings short would Montana be without being clutch? Oh yes he is joe cool (coolness)but you gotta be the guy that wants the last throw of the game..or the guy kicking for a win..

You gotta want the pressure..not every nfl player wants that ton of bricks..I think tecmo could've added that clutch attribute

• 4 months later...