fatcheerleader

NHL General Discussion Mega Thread

Is it possible to lose a game 7, at home, to an underdog, 3 years in a row?

Barry Melrose thinks the Bruins system and defensive matchups will give Boston the Game 7 win. The Mullet has spoken and so it is.

EDIT: ESPN just showed a stat that of all the 7 game series in history of 7 game sports that the Bruins-Canadiens has happened the most often with 8. Canadiens lead the series.

EDIT: ESPN just showed a stat that of all the 7 game series in history of 7 game sports that the Bruins-Canadiens has happened the most often with 8. Canadiens lead the series.

I just saw that too....so of course I had to pause it, take a pic and post it here.

post-6125-13413729114504_thumb.jpg

Is it possible to lose a game 7, at home, to an underdog, 3 years in a row?

Barry Melrose thinks the Bruins system and defensive matchups will give Boston the Game 7 win. The Mullet has spoken and so it is.

Barry Melrose is my hero.

I think I just had a few heart attacks during that game. B's advance!

Wow - Pens just got blanked in game 7 at home. Tampa advances.

Bracket on first page is updated. No reseeding needed.

Quarterfinal Picks

Winner....# games.....Who I want to win.

CAPS.......5............CAPS

FLYERS....7.............BRUINS

NUCKS.....6.............PREDS

WINGS....5.............WINGS

who I want to win

but who do you think OR are they the same?

QUARTERFINALS (My Picks)[What I Want]

WEST

#5 NSH @ #1 VAN (VAN wins in 5)[i want the Predators!]

#3 DET @ #2 SJ (DET wins in 5)[Go Sharks! daaa da daaa da daaa da...]

EAST

#5 TB @ #1 WAS (WAS wins in 6) [Arnott has people believing!]

#3 BOS @ #2 PHI (BOS wins in 7) [i hate PHI everything and dig BOS.]

Bodom, did you know that the Bruins were 0-26 when in an 0-2 situation in history? Now they're 1-26. :lol:

I got that nugget from ESPN's Reischea Canidate. :lol:

who I want to win

but who do you think OR are they the same?

Different for the Bos/Phi and Van/Nash series.

Bodom, did you know that the Bruins were 0-26 when in an 0-2 situation in history? Now they're 1-26. :lol:

I got that nugget from ESPN's Reischea Canidate. :D

Reischea Canidate is a solid reporter :lol:

Yes, I already knew that. I've been following them since I was 5. Seriously.

Penguins are done. I'm not surprised since they didn't have their top 2 scorers, but they didn't need to tease me like that. Probably rooting for the Canucks the rest of the way.

Anyway, Round 2:

Capitals in 5

Bruins in 6

Canucks in 4

Red Wings in 6

Semin scores and we lose?!! Unbelievable. I took the wife and kids to get some dinner, watch the Draft, and then some of the Caps game. DC fans suck at all sports and are notorious band wagoners but they hit a new low tonight. A bunch of Caps fans were actually blowing vuvuzelas in the bar. I walked over just to get a peak at these morons and passed an old man starring at them in disbelief with me. He had on a Maple Leafs hat that looked like he bought it around the time of the Original Six. We looked at each other and I said, "I think we've hit a new low." He replied, "A few minutes ago the dumb looking one said they should do away with offsides." I almost spilled my beer. "The dumb looking one" :lol:

Semin scores and we lose?!! Unbelievable. I took the wife and kids to get some dinner, watch the Draft, and then some of the Caps game. DC fans suck at all sports and are notorious band wagoners but they hit a new low tonight. A bunch of Caps fans were actually blowing vuvuzelas in the bar. I walked over just to get a peak at these morons and passed an old man starring at them in disbelief with me. He had on a Maple Leafs hat that looked like he bought it around the time of the Original Six. We looked at each other and I said, "I think we've hit a new low." He replied, "A few minutes ago the dumb looking one said they should do away with offsides." I almost spilled my beer. "The dumb looking one" :lol:

If anyone was ever blowing a vuvuzela at a bar, I'd buy a shitty beer...probably Coors Light....and dump in on them. And there's only 1 thing worse than people who bash hockey. People who pretend to like it. No offisides? That's like telling a WR he can line up wherever he wants before the snap.

I still see the Caps winning this series. I wasn't too high on Tampa this season, but maybe because the Bruins took 3 of 4 from them including an 8-1 stomping.

The Vancouver-Nashville series should be a bunch of tight close games. After all, both Vezina runner ups are going head to head.

Very surprised Detroit lost to SJ. I know they eliminated them last year and took 4 of 5 this year, but the Wings are hot.

B's - Flyers today at 3pm. I honestly don't see Boston taking this series unless Philly has major goalie problems, but I haven't lost hope yet.

"A few minutes ago the dumb looking one said they should do away with offsides."
And there's only 1 thing worse than people who bash hockey. People who pretend to like it. No offsides? That's like telling a WR he can line up wherever he wants before the snap.

Baseball and hockey fans seem to have something in common from my experience. They seem to have little to no patience with new or casual fans understanding the game or questioning why their game plays the way it does. In DC, I'm a hockey fan and may even be considered a diehard but compared to you or most of your Boston area fans I'd probably be considered a "pretend" fan. I think a lot of it is that if you've never played a game it's really hard to truly understand all the nuances of the game.

I still see the Caps winning this series. I wasn't too high on Tampa this season

Regular season series: Capitals won 4-2

Nov. 11: Lightning 3 at Capitals 6

Nov. 26: Lightning 0 at Capitals 6

Jan. 4: Lightning 1 at Capitals 0 (OT)

Jan. 12: Capitals 0 at Lightning 3

Feb. 4: Capitals 5 at Lightning 2

March 7: Capitals 2 at Lightning 1 (SO)

They shut the Caps out twice which always worries me but in three games we scored 5 or 6.

Baseball and hockey fans seem to have something in common from my experience. They seem to have little to no patience with new or casual fans understanding the game or questioning why their game plays the way it does. In DC, I'm a hockey fan and may even be considered a diehard but compared to you or most of your Boston area fans I'd probably be considered a "pretend" fan. I think a lot of it is that if you've never played a game it's really hard to truly understand all the nuances of the game."

Here's the test. When your team loses, do you stop watching? For me, hockey & football, no. Baseball, yes. Basketball, I don't watch anyways.

My CAPS down 0-2 and heading to TB has me salty. :lol: Tonight - Go Bruins!

I gotta say, I'm shocked the Caps are down 0-2. Washington is having trouble with that 1-3-1 trap.

If the B's win tonight, 3 of my picks will be down 0-2. Wings, Flyers, Caps. I also took Vancouver.

Tonight:

PHI@BOS, BOS 2-0

SJ@DET, SJ 2-0

WAS@TB, TB 3-0

I've picked Philly the first two games and Boston has won...so I'll continue to take Philly. 3-1.

Wings will win at home, 4-2.

The 4th game is always the hardest. Caps 3-2. But Tampa is hot right now. I can't see Washington coming back.

I'm sick about the Caps. Physically ill. The idea that the season could be over tonight is looming.

EDIT: Only 3 teams in NHL history have ever come back to win the series.

Unfortunately we got to witness 1 of those last year. What an epic collapse that was. I said before, my dad is a Flyers fan. I was taunting him when the B's were up 3-0 and it was extra painful for me to see that happen.

I'm just excited to finally get a game that doesn't start at 10:30pm on a weeknight.

Everyone's making a huge fuss over SJ being up 2-0 but they've narrowly eked out the 2 at home, and in fact DET got robbed of a probable goal in Game 2 on Franzen's wrap-around that didn't even get reviewed. Games 3 and 4 in DET will be very, very different.

TB is for real. When you realize that a couple of years ago they got a ton of forwards for depth, and that they then turned around and got a bunch of d-men and another goalie.... they're DEEP. Built for the playoffs. They have guys that can score the dirty goals -- the Caps just don't, it seems.

Everyone's making a huge fuss over SJ being up 2-0 but they've narrowly eked out the 2 at home, and in fact DET got robbed of a probable goal in Game 2 on Franzen's wrap-around that didn't even get reviewed. Games 3 and 4 in DET will be very, very different.

Not as much of a fuss as it is a shock. San Jose always chokes and Niemi is an average goalie at best - I don't care if he won the cup last year. A goal is a goal and a win is a win, no matter how you get them. But I agree, I think Detroit can easily come back and win this series. In fact, I'd be surprised if they don't.

They have guys that can score the dirty goals -- the Caps just don't, it seems.

StLouis, Lacavalier, Downie are all scrappy hustlers and seem to be in the right place at the right time more often than not. Stamkos seems to have a constant smirk on his face as if to say, "Yeah, Ovechkin is great but I'm pretty good too." The Caps giving up goals on line change transitions, chuck and chase offense, and sloppy defensive clears is painful to watch.

I can't see Washington coming back.

:lol:

You guys know more about hockey than I do. What's your take on Bruce Boudreau, keeping his job or not, and Mike Green as a player?

You guys know more about hockey than I do. What's your take on Bruce Boudreau, keeping his job or not, and Mike Green as a player?

Boudreau has had success coaching at every level. He's a good coach. Not the best, but very good. I don't know what the Washington media has been saying, but I don't think he should lose his job. If anything, I would blame upper management for not snagging a proven goalie at the trade deadline. On the flip side, they haven't done anything in the playoffs the past 4 years despite finishing 3rd, 2nd, 1st and 1st.

Green is an elite offensive defenseman. Doesn't seem to be that great in coverage though and could be a bit more physical. Injuries have held him back this year. If I had to put a list together, he'd probably be top 20-25.