#1 Vancouver

#8 Chicago

#4 Anaheim

#5 Nashville

#3 Detroit

#6 Phoenix

#2 San Jose

#7 Los Angeles

Note: The Stanley Cup Playoffs do not follow a true bracket system. The teams are re-seeded after the conference quarterfinals.

Please post your favorite team, quarter picks, two Finals teams, Cup Winner, and anything else. I may run another simulation of the whole tourney like I did with the Coach K for the March Madness Tournament. Lastly, my signature has the link to the NHL Playoff Schedule for every game in the quarterfinals and I'll update it each round. :lol:

post-7015-13413729231657_thumb.jpg

I'm going to start an NBA bracket becasue

gross

1. I don't want to support hockey

I want to call you a fag but I'll take the high road and refrain from doing so.

May the best man win!

Bodom and I will simply filibuster for hours in the NHL Bracket thread just to guarantee victory.

First, I'm going to pretend that Knobbe didn't make those comments.

Hell of an idea fats! Nothing rivals playoff hockey - or even comes close.

I'm running an NHL bracket at work. I picked all the favorites to win in the first round. I know, lame...

CAPS, FLYERS, BS, PENS

CANUCKS, SHARKS, WINGS, DUCKS

There's other factors involved other than straight up winner (# of games total, # of games won, # of goals, etc...)

The Boston Bruins haunt me. It's really the only team that gets to me when they are eliminated. I've seen 3 Pats super bowls, 2 Sox world series...and a few Celtics championships (which would be cool if I gave a shit about basketball), but zero B's stanley cups. Every year I go in with high hopes, but this year I didn't. I hate Julien's system and don't think they have a shot to win it all. And after watching the huge dump they took on the ice tonight, their chances are slimmer than I thought.

I have always liked the Red Wings since they are exciting to watch...and I have family that lives 30 mins outside of Detroit. Also like Philly because they are my dad's favorite team - so if the B's go down, I'll be pulling for those two.

My Cup prediction though is Penguins vs. Canucks (especially if Pitt gets Crosby back)...with Vancouver taking it all. I'd say Caps, but their goalie is unproven. If they can get into an offensive groove though, look out.

Fats, I know it will just be us two in here, but I don't give a shit. Let's keep it going!

I'm going to start an NBA bracket becasue

2. Someone started that at work and I can just copy that format

May the best man win!

NHL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shitty Streetball Association

I'm going to start an NBA bracket because

May the best man win!

I'll be looking out for it! :lol:

I didn't know people still watched the NHL, I thought only Canadians followed it. Last time I checked this is America and we only have 3 relevant sports; Football, Baseball and BASKETBALL!!! (NASCAR isn't a sport, at least compared to the previous 3) Hockey is played alongside Basketball which is a MAJOR mistake and until they get rid of that retarded hard salary cap I will never consider Hockey a legitimate sport in America. I honestly can't name the top player from every team let alone the starting goaltender and back in the 90's you knew who every team had and I watched as much Hockey then as I do now. Gary Bettman was the first Roger Goodell, a douche who ruined the sport by taking away everything that made the sport popular, may the NFL not suffer the fate Hockey did because of that jackass!

I'm going to start an NBA bracket because

May the best man win!

I'll be looking out for it! :lol:

I didn't know people still watched the NHL, I thought only Canadians followed it. Last time I checked this is America and we only have 3 relevant sports; Football, Baseball and BASKETBALL!!! (NASCAR isn't a sport, at least compared to the previous 3) Hockey is played alongside Basketball which is a MAJOR mistake and until they get rid of that retarded hard salary cap I will never consider Hockey a legitimate sport in America. I honestly can't name the top player from every team let alone the starting goaltender and back in the 90's you knew who every team had and I watched as much Hockey then as I do now. Gary Bettman was the first Roger Goodell, a douche who ruined the sport by taking away everything that made the sport popular, may the NFL not suffer the fate Hockey did because of that jackass!

Basketball fans are always looking for debate basketball vs. hockey. Basketball is more popular, I get it. But I could care less. Hockey has die hard fans and doesn't need the "casual" fan. Basketball players are prima donnas. You nicked my pinky...foul! Please... Don't get me wrong...basketball is fun to play. I played for 10 years growing up. It just sucks to watch. What is really exciting about it? The last 30 seconds of the game? It's a debate that never ends...it just depends what you are looking for in a sport. If you want fast-paced, hard hitting, gritty stuff, then hockey is your sport. If you want a more relaxed experience where guys are always complaining that they were fouled when they were barely touched, then go with basketball. Might as well watch golf.

First off, I debated on even responding because then you may reply again and then I'd have to see Caibutou again! :lol:

until they get rid of that retarded hard salary cap I will never consider Hockey a legitimate sport in America

You're nuts. Every pro sports league should have a hard salary cap. While I'm dreaming, the rookies should also be paid less than the veterans.

I honestly can't name the top player from every team

1. Influx of foreign players to me is the real issue

2. Lack of home grown talent will probably always be an issue

3. Minimal tv exposure

The salary cap is not in the Top 3 reasons why you can't name players on each team.

may the NFL not suffer the fate

Some say they already have with rampant free agency and teams losing their star player identities but I'm all in favor of the teams being able to better themselves through free agency to make a more competitive balance throughout the league.

First, I'm going to pretend that Knobbe didn't make those comments.

:lol:

I picked all the favorites to win in the first round. I know, lame...

pusszilla

Let's keep it going!

Deal. Just don't bail on me if your Bruins hibernate a little earlier than you would hope.

Let's keep it going!

Deal. Just don't bail on me if your Bruins hibernate a little earlier than you would hope.

No way, dude. I have already prepared myself for an early B's departure this year. I'm a hockey nut. The Stanley Cup Finals is equivalent to the Super Bowl for me.

- I added a bracket to your first post.

Also - how come everytime someone mentions hockey, someone else needs to compare it to basketball? It NEVER fails! It's like when guy goes through a mid life crisis and buy a really nice car to make up for his small penis. And the argument is always "no one watches hockey". Nothing about why basketball is good. Here in Boston, hockey games have sold out the last 2 seasons and the fan base is growing...

and until they get rid of that retarded hard salary cap I will never consider Hockey a legitimate sport in America.

So the NFL isn't a legit league either, and hasn't been for years since they had a hard cap? Good to know.

It also must suck to not be a real sport while outdrawing the "superstar-laden" NBA at the gate leaguewide. Apparently what the NHL needs is more sexual assaults, more gay slurs caught on camera, and more refs fixing games?

110917052.jpg

15 'till 12.

and until they get rid of that retarded hard salary cap I will never consider Hockey a legitimate sport in America.

So the NFL isn't a legit league either, and hasn't been for years since they had a hard cap? Good to know.

It also must suck to not be a real sport while outdrawing the "superstar-laden" NBA at the gate leaguewide. Apparently what the NHL needs is more sexual assaults, more gay slurs caught on camera, and more refs fixing games?

Where's the 'like' button on this bitch?

The Boston Bruins haunt me. It's really the only team that gets to me when they are eliminated. I've seen 3 Pats super bowls, 2 Sox world series...and a few Celtics championships (which would be cool if I gave a shit about basketball), but zero B's stanley cups. Every year I go in with high hopes, but this year I didn't. I hate Julien's system and don't think they have a shot to win it all. And after watching the huge dump they took on the ice tonight, their chances are slimmer than I thought.

Until NESN fires Jack Edwards the B's can't win a Cup. Not allowed to.

The B's totally have a shot in the East. The East is based off superstar forwards and 1 good d-man per team... as opposed to the west where good, deep forwards and 2 or 3 really good d-men rule and it's WAY more of a grind to get through. The B's can't afford injuries though. No reason they can't still take the Habs.

Lightning will beat the Pens in 6, so they are a non-factor IMO.

Until NESN fires Jack Edwards the B's can't win a Cup. Not allowed to.

The B's totally have a shot in the East. The East is based off superstar forwards and 1 good d-man per team... as opposed to the west where good, deep forwards and 2 or 3 really good d-men rule and it's WAY more of a grind to get through. The B's can't afford injuries though. No reason they can't still take the Habs.

Lightning will beat the Pens in 6, so they are a non-factor IMO.

I love Edwards! Didn't at first, but his off the wall comments and quirky overall nature grew on me. The B's have the talent this year, I just don't like Julien's system. It's awful and it showed last night. They should absolutely beat the Habs...it's their series to lose. Even if they win the East, they aren't getting past VAN/DET.

Thanks to whomever added the pretty picture of the NHL Bracket to my first post. It kind of threw me off, I was like, did I do that?! It's cool!

I'm curious as to what people think of The Stanley Cup Playoffs not following a true bracket system. That is, the teams are re-seeded after the conference quarterfinals. Immediately, I'm opposed to the idea. I like the bracket, I don't want it altered, I am a hard head and like it the traditional way. I don't like that if a #8 upsets a #1 they get punished and will probably play #2 instead of the winner from the #4 vs #5 game. I do get and like that it truly rewards the teams that performed the best in the regular season and had the most wins because it definitely does help them. I just like the traditional format and struggle to accept this format.

I'm clueless... does MLB do this "re-seeding" or do they follow the traditional bracket format. I'm guessing they do the traditional bracket. Rod taught me in that other thread that shall remain nameless that the NBA does not re-seed.

DC is trying to be a hockey town and the Caps truly are the premiere sports team (that's not saying much) but the skins will always be king in this town. Anyway, I put this up in my classroom the other day and it's helped spread the hockey fever in our school and for a hockey fan in a non-hockey town -- it's cool. I put them up in their quarterfinals match-ups not in their proper divisions.

post-7015-1341372910189_thumb.jpg

Thanks to whomever added the pretty picture of the NHL Bracket to my first post. It kind of threw me off, I was like, did I do that?! It's cool!

- I added a bracket to your first post

I'm curious as to what people think of The Stanley Cup Playoffs not following a true bracket system. That is, the teams are re-seeded after the conference quarterfinals. Immediately, I'm opposed to the idea. I like the bracket, I don't want it altered, I am a hard head and like it the traditional way. I don't like that if a #8 upsets a #1 they get punished and will probably play #2 instead of the winner from the #4 vs #5 game. I do get and like that it truly rewards the teams that performed the best in the regular season and had the most wins because it definitely does help them. I just like the traditional format and struggle to accept this format.

It doesn't matter to me really. The NFL and NHL reseed. NBA does not, I guess. Reseeding wins.

I'm clueless... does MLB do this "re-seeding" or do they follow the traditional bracket format. I'm guessing they do the traditional bracket. Rod taught me in that other thread that shall remain nameless that the NBA does not re-seed.

Only 4 teams make it from each league...how would they reseed? :lol:

It's quite possible that all of these things have happened in the NHL.

We might never know because people don't care enough about it!

You don't think Teemu Selanne spouts off about how stupid Swedes are?

Also - how come everytime someone mentions hockey, someone else needs to compare it to basketball? It NEVER fails! It's like when guy goes through a mid life crisis and buy a really nice car to make up for his small penis. And the argument is always "no one watches hockey". Nothing about why basketball is good. Here in Boston, hockey games have sold out the last 2 seasons and the fan base is growing...

The same reason that Eli Manning, Billy Ripken, Ozzie Canseco, and any non-Alec Baldwin Brother has their more successful brother brought into the conversation anytime they're mentioned.

It's quite possible that all of these things have happened in the NHL.

We might never know because people don't care enough about it!

You don't think Teemu Selanne spouts off about how stupid Swedes are?

NHL Thread 20

NBA Thread 9

The same reason that Eli Manning, Billy Ripken, Ozzie Canseco, and any non-Alec Baldwin Brother has their more successful brother brought into the conversation anytime they're mentioned.

The problem still remains, while claiming basketball is great, no one ever states why. The argument is always "no one watches hockey".

The problem still remains, while claiming basketball is great, no one ever states why. The argument is always "no one watches hockey".

I'm not making that argument at all...I'm saying that basketball sucks less while we all wait for the return of football

I love Edwards! Didn't at first, but his off the wall comments and quirky overall nature grew on me. The B's have the talent this year, I just don't like Julien's system. It's awful and it showed last night. They should absolutely beat the Habs...it's their series to lose. Even if they win the East, they aren't getting past VAN/DET.

My predictions, 1 game in for everyone at this point.

'ning will down the Pens in 6. Caps over Rangers in 7. Bruins over Habs in 6. Flyers over Sabres in 5.

Preds over Ducks in 5. Wings over 'yotes in 4. Canucks over Hawks in 4. Sharks over Kings in 6.

About 6 out of the 8 teams in the West could legitimately win it all -- IMO only Phoenix and Nashville have no shot at winning it all no matter what. In the East, 2 or 3 have shots -- Caps, Bruins, and Flyers. Those are the 3 teams that could beat a team coming out of the West. Flyers have enough defensive depth to grind out, Bruins are physical enough that they could be a Western team, and the Caps have enough forwards and a mercurial enough goalie that they could maybe do it as well.

I don't know about VAN. Luongo is such a complete flake still, and I don't care how much the media says otherwise but the Canucks' defense isn't THAT good. Good by Eastern standards maybe, but not by Western standards where they run 2 or 3 deep on every team with good d-men. Kings should be a dark horse in the West if everything falls right for them. Ducks aren't deep, but could cheat their way to a Cup again like they did before where they cheated on every single play and dared the officials to call it every time (they of course didn't and won't).

In the East... I think the Lightning have a deep run in them still if they can overcome Game 1 mentally. I just don't get the Habs, nor do I have any faith in them whatsoever, and Carey Price will turn back into a pumpkin soon enough. The Rangers are all smoke and mirrors.