Player Attributes - does anyone have clear descriptions of them?

Des203

I just downloaded QBVIKINGS TSB 2015-2016 Season ROM 3.0 and love it.  Thanks for everyone on this site for reviving the best video football game of all time.

I am trying to understand the attributes more.   For example, what is the difference between running speed vs maximum speed, rushing power vs hitting power?

Running Speed

Rushing Power

Maximum Speed

Hitting Power

Passing Speed

Pass Control

Accuracy of Passing

Ball Control

Passing

Where does it control physical condition?  Can this be changed in the editor?

How about the sim attributes?  They seem to indicate the percentages a player choses a specific action.  Right?

Thanks.

I'm not very knowledgeable about the hacks used in QBV's rom, but here is how each attribute works in the original.

Running Speed = minimum speed, the speed at which a player moves the moment he starts to run

Rushing Power = acceleration to Maximum Speed, how quickly the player ascends from minimum speed to maximum speed

Hitting Power = the only factor in determining the winners and losers of a grapple or any other physical contact (some plays have HP boosts for certain players too)

Passing Speed = self-explanatory, but also affects the arc of the pass (higher speeds = flatter arcs)

Pass Control = accuracy of the pass, affects both how accurately the QB throws to the target, and the results of the pass once it gets there)

Accuracy of Passing = nothing (in my rom though, this is re-named Pass Precision and affects the results of the pass once it arrives at the target, IF it arrives at the target)

Ball Control = fumble frequency

Physical condition changes are random.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Tecmonster.    So defenders tend to have higher Maximum Speed and lower running speed.  Otherwise half the plays would be long TDs.

How about "quickness" and sim rush QB and sim pass coverage on defense.  I've noticed some players with large numbers 225 sim pass rush and very high quickness (88,94) end up with like 50 sacks for the regular season.   I'd like to kertail that a little.

Thanks Tecmonster. Last question. How about Receptions?  Do they factor in how well a receiver, and/or running back catches the ball?  Or possibly could they factor in who a QB COMPUTER decides to pass too?

Yes, I'm on TSBToolSupreme, making some changes.  I'm loving it.  My 7 year old is absolutely addicted to this game and we've been playing together every night for the last two  weeks.

The Sim ratings seem all over the place.  Some defenders have 225 pass rush, others defensive linemen have like 5.  I am trying to determine what they actually represent when playing.  Looking over the season stats.  Some DL have 40-50 sacks.  While the majority have 1 or 2.  I'd like to even that out a bit. 

Thanks, good to know about receptions.  I must have one of the hacks, because the PC is pretty good at passing to the open receiver.

What would you consider a solid "sim pass rush" rating for like someone like JJ Watt and then a league average defensive lineman?  How about "sim coverage" for like D Revis, and league average defensive back?

I am trying to determine what they actually represent when playing.

It is "out of 255" value. When editing the defense sim numbers, the total for that team must add up to 255, otherwise the SS ends up with the left-over sacks and ints. Doesn't affect gameplay though, just sim games in season mode.

Thanks, good to know about receptions.  I must have one of the hacks, because the PC is pretty good at passing to the open receiver.

What would you consider a solid "sim pass rush" rating for like someone like JJ Watt and then a league average defensive lineman?  How about "sim coverage" for like D Revis, and league average defensive back?

Sim ratings aren't my forte -- maybe someone with interest and knowledge in that area will help you there.

Thanks Martin and Tec.  That makes sense.

Tec, did you create a ROM?  I'd like to check out what kind of stats you use for your league average players for the best gameplay.   
I'm assuming RBs and WRs should have more running speed but lower maximum speeds, and defenders should have the opposite.

But could be wrong.

Tec, I've been playing your ROM and love it.  The players stats are all pretty spot on. And all the hacks further improve the game.

I was able to download Translhextion16c and updating the 49 bytes seems to work fine for x3ffc0.

However, I ran into problems updating through TSBToolSupreme.  When I go in all I get an error something to with the face image, and all the stats are way off.

For example, I want to add Dion Lewis for the Patriots.   Any idea what is going on with TSBToolSupreme?

Thanks.