Southington, CT - 12/05/15 - CT Tecmo Bowl 8

arncoem

CT TECMO BOWL VIII

(formerly Cuban Tecmo Bowl)

The 1st Saturday of December tradition continues..

www.northeasttecmo.com

Same venue as past 3 years -

Connecticut Tecmo Bowl 8 -

Where:
Blackstone Irish Pub & Sports Bar,
1678 Meriden Waterbury Turnpike
Southington (Milldale section), CT
Zip Cpde: 06467

http://www.blackstoneirishpub.com/

Past winners are:
Cuban Bowl 1: Pete D

Cuban Bowl 2: Erik M (ARNCOEM)
Cuban Bowl 3: Erik M

Cuban Bowl 4: Francis B (Mort)

Cuban Bowl 5: Mort

Cuban Bowl 6: Mort

Cuban Bowl 7: Kevin S (Tadaos)

CT Bowl 8: ??

PLEASE POST BELOW IF WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND - leave your email address along w/ name & State you live in.

Can also contact us to register:

Me (Erik)

[email protected] or [email protected]

or call/text:

203 537.0254

to reserve a spot in the tournament or for additional information

11am start time - ?

$25 entrance fee -

the raffle prizes are worth the $25 entrance fee alone

We can host up to 60 ppl - make sure to register as soon as possible bc there's been a lot of ppl asking us to save a spot for them before we officially announced the date.

Please let us know if can bring TVs, NES consoles, controllers, cartridges - bring as many as possibly can in case of equipment failure

Transportation:
Blackstone is located at the junction of I-84 & 691 if driving & 10 Minutes from 91 if traveling from Mass, VT, Maine, Canada, North Pole

it's approx 1 hour & 30 minute drive from NYC, 1 hour & 20 min drive from Boston

Also Bradley International Airport is a 20 minute drive from Blackstone

New Haven train station is a 25 minute drive - easiest way to get there is take Metro North train from New York City - we can/will pick & drop ppl back off after at the NH Train station free of charge.

Prizes will be cash & trophy for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place - 4th place cash 

Edited by arncoem

• 4 weeks later...

got some good buzz about this tournament recently as good number of ppl are coming that were at NYC Tourn. this past weekend plus the local CT contingent so should be a good group of ppl there!!

Hit me up [email protected]

or post here any questions -

thanks, Erik!

I'd like to have a Tecmo graphic made up for it - can put it on the side or hood for the ride home from CT?

If don't want it on perm. I can have it on a 24" x 24" magnetic so can peel it off after? ?

There will be another member inducted into the CT Tecmo Hall of Fame on 12/5.

Who will it be???

Have to wait until 12/5 to see who is bestowed the honor & sit aside the current Members:

Mort, Myself, Brian Rausse, & Mat Degeorge.

Edited by arncoem

I'd like to have a Tecmo graphic made up for it - can put it on the side or hood for the ride home from CT?

If don't want it on perm. I can have it on a 24" x 24" magnetic so can peel it off after? ?

Graphic would be a pretty choice upgrade, but would have to take it off in between trips. I had a BFM decal swiped off it by local teenage huligans.

Please any/everyone that's planning on attending if can post on here your first name & email address be great!

Getting closer to the CT event every day - be here before know it!!

11am will be Kickoff Time on 12/5.

feel free to email me or send a text w/ any questions or if I can help w/ travel arrangements - ie hotel, train, airport info..  

[email protected] or [email protected]

203 537.0254

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please do not post full names and email addresses. This is not good for privacy. I've edited all of those who left full names to simply first name + last initial.

It really isn't wise to post cell numbers either, but I won't delete those. That is your decision.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be streaming the event. The entire event will be streamed from group play til the finals. It won't be a Dave Murray production or anything but it'll be decent enough to watch.....I hope.

Link is here http://www.twitch.tv/tecmosuicideking81

Edited by suicideking81

On 12/4/2015, 10:23:53, suicideking81 said:

I will be streaming the event. The entire event will be streamed from group play til the finals. It won't be a Dave Murray production or anything but it'll be decent enough to watch.....I hope.

Link is here http://www.twitch.tv/tecmosuicideking81

Spoiler alert he will also be claiming the title.. Congrats man, you played some real solid tecmo, Dome Patrol FTW. Thanks Eric for putting on the event

posting this via my phone from the airport. Here are a pic of the final 8 bracket and of Lou B. and I after the finals. The stream was ok for the most part but cut in and out. Looks like I was able to capture an uncut 3.5 hours of bracket play. During the final few games the stream kept dropping due to the local crowd getting on the wifi so I went offline and recorded the final 2 games Lou and I played which I will upload when I get a chance. Thanks to everyone for super awesome guys and welcoming a southern guy to the northeast. Thanks to Lou B. for playing 3 great games vs me (1 in group play and 2 in the finals). Thanks to Bo (Oklahoma) for having the best beard in the place LOL. Thanks to Erik M. (Arncoem) for putting on an awesome event. I'll look forward to a possible CT Tecmo 9.

V__99FB.jpg

WP_20151205_002.jpg