Changing Plays?

QuackQuack

Hey guys,

So I'm just getting started hacking the original Tecmo Bowl and using Tecmo Bowl Manager and some simple hex editing I've been able to do pretty much everything I want... Only thing I need to do now is change plays for each team. Is there any way to do this? I searched this forum but wasn't able to find anything. 

Thanks!

Try this,

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/11743-blitz-byte-and-3-44-3-defenses/ 

Just remember that just changing the plays won't change the play art on the screen.  You also have to change the blitz bytes for each play in the appropriate spot or else the defense will not react correctly.  The plays/locations and blitz bytes/locations are in the link.  The play art is explained below. (I did not come up with this I found this a long time ago in these forums)

Playbook Pics
Unfortunaltely, the picture does not change with the play.  You'll have to do that manually, it's VERY easy, just copying and pasting with a good hex editor like hex workshop.

The pictures are in perfect order: IND run 1, run 2, pass 1, pass 2, MIA run 1, pass 1, pass 2, pass 3, CLE, etc. Each picture has 62 bytes.  

You don't want to change the last 4 bytes on any play, as this tells the game which slot to use.

You can tell the begging and end of a play by:

2060616263 is run 1

2060616264 is run 2

5C5D5E5F63 is pass 1

5C5D5E5F64 is pass 2

5C5D5E5F65 is pass 3

(these make up the text for run 1 pass 1, etc. so change 63,64,65 for 1,2,3).

IND x890C
MIA x8A04
CLE x8AFC
DEN x8BF4
SEA x8CEC
LA x8DE4
WAS x8EDC
SF x8FD4
DAL x90CC
NY x91C4
CHI x92BC
MIN x93B4

The next section immediatly after the playbooks, x18190, may have to do with individual routes and such.  the defense "routes" are also affected.

Edited by TheFes75

Try this,

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/11743-blitz-byte-and-3-44-3-defenses/ 

Just remember that just changing the plays won't change the play art on the screen.  You also have to change the blitz bytes for each play in the appropriate spot or else the defense will not react correctly.  The plays/locations and blitz bytes/locations are in the link.  The play art is explained below. (I did not come up with this I found this a long time ago in these forums)

Playbook Pics

Unfortunaltely, the picture does not change with the play.  You'll have to do that manually, it's VERY easy, just copying and pasting with a good hex editor like hex workshop.

The pictures are in perfect order: IND run 1, run 2, pass 1, pass 2, MIA run 1, pass 1, pass 2, pass 3, CLE, etc. Each picture has 62 bytes.  

You don't want to change the last 4 bytes on any play, as this tells the game which slot to use.

You can tell the begging and end of a play by:

2060616263 is run 1

2060616264 is run 2

5C5D5E5F63 is pass 1

5C5D5E5F64 is pass 2

5C5D5E5F65 is pass 3

(these make up the text for run 1 pass 1, etc. so change 63,64,65 for 1,2,3).

IND x890C

MIA x8A04

CLE x8AFC

DEN x8BF4

SEA x8CEC

LA x8DE4

WAS x8EDC

SF x8FD4

DAL x90CC

NY x91C4

CHI x92BC

MIN x93B4

The next section immediatly after the playbooks, x18190, may have to do with individual routes and such.  the defense "routes" are also affected.

Thanks so much for this wealth of info, really appreciate it. Can't wait to get started!